Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2014, 12:06   #46
BHPian

Re: Office commute bike for 1.5 - 2.5 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Dear, that 200NS is for the OP & not his brother.
Thanks Sheel for clarifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
New 200 NS is coming with MRF tyres and no more Eurogrips(Euroslips ).However, an upgrade to Pirellis will take it to a different level.
My bike reached the showroom in yesterdays load. It is FULL Black colour and not the combination one. However I saw that the tyre is Eurogrip

Would this be an old stock bike or our understanding is wrong on the tyre?
Old 12th December 2014, 12:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Thanks Sheel for clarifying

My bike reached the showroom in yesterdays load. It is FULL Black colour and not the combination one. However I saw that the tyre is Eurogrip

Would this be an old stock bike or our understanding is wrong on the tyre?
Here's my impression of the Eurogrips on the NS:

I've covered about 3500 km on my NS on Eurogrips through the monsoon and now in dry weather. I've not had much to complain about so far. I don't ride sedately - I'm hard on the brakes, accelerate fast and push a fair bit in corners. I was initially wary about the grip of the Eurogrips after all the criticism in various forums but I have actually been pleasantly surprised by how well they have performed. I've experienced TVS tyres on other bikes (Eurogrip is made by TVS but isn't labelled as TVS anywhere because it will be fitted to a Bajaj bike) and the Eurogrips are a world apart. I had planned on replacing the Eurogrips with MRF of similar sizes but I've now dropped the plan.
Old 12th December 2014, 12:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Here's my impression of the Eurogrips on the NS:

I've covered about 3500 km on my NS on Eurogrips through the monsoon and now in dry weather. I've not had much to complain about so far. I don't ride sedately - I'm hard on the brakes, accelerate fast and push a fair bit in corners. I was initially wary about the grip of the Eurogrips after all the criticism in various forums but I have actually been pleasantly surprised by how well they have performed. I've experienced TVS tyres on other bikes (Eurogrip is made by TVS but isn't labelled as TVS anywhere because it will be fitted to a Bajaj bike) and the Eurogrips are a world apart. I had planned on replacing the Eurogrips with MRF of similar sizes but I've now dropped the plan.
That sounds interesting. I used to be a person who used to drive on the edge. But now with age and responsibilities much sedate driving. So I think Euro should be ok for me. But only concern is during panic braking.

@all: I checked in a local tyre shop and they said they wont exchange the tyres. Any place in Bangalore where I can get atleast 80% of the tyre price during exchange?
Old 12th December 2014, 17:58   #49
BHPian

Hi all!

Not sure if I can post here without breaking any forum rules. Please move/delete if not appropriate.

I too wanna inject some fun into my daily commute which is 50 km each way. It's 95% highway, half of it is four lanes.

My present ride is a car (Indigo CS TDI) which is boring to say the least.

I currently own a TVS Apache RTR 160 RD but I find it very cramped. My previous bike was a CBZ Sprint which I liked very much.

I'm looking for a bike to ride on clear days to my office at 100+ kph. I'm 5'10", weigh 90:sly:

My budget is Rs.200 +- 10 k.

Please suggest a good ride. Thanks.
Old 12th December 2014, 21:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

@VintageSree,

Just read the same thread from the beginning. There are bunch of suggestions on different bikes.

Also

http://www.ebay.in/itm/KTM-DUKE-Bike...item19f1bb5fcd

Thats less than you budget of Rs-200 (on a lighter note)
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 21:23   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@VintageSree,

Just read the same thread from the beginning. There are bunch of suggestions on different bikes.
Yeah, gone through the entire thread and a few more...still in dilemma.:banghead:

RE Thunderbird 500 is something I'm looking at right now, not sure if it would be fuss free. Also, what is the maximum speed this machine can do? Also, what is the maximum speed at which I can cruise comfortably?

Sport style bikes may give a backache with 100 km rides daily for the next two years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Also

http://www.ebay.in/itm/KTM-DUKE-Bike...item19f1bb5fcd

Thats less than you budget of Rs-200 (on a lighter note)
You missed the 'k', dude! However, if at all I decide on a KTM, will consider your suggestion.
VintageSree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 21:33   #52
Team-BHP Support

Surprised that the Avenger hasn't even entered the discussion. Also, a Nano makes a compelling case for a commuter car.
Old 12th December 2014, 21:41   #53
Team-BHP Support

The new Unicorn is about to debut on 18th December. Spirited commuters may wait for it.
Old 12th December 2014, 21:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

No offence meant to anyone, but I dont see the point of giving suggestions around cars the OPs brother can buy, when he clearly mentioned his brother wanting to ride to work

He already owns an 800 and an Innova. So its not like he does not already have a viable option to drive down to work if he so chooses

I am not getting into the debate of merits and demerits of riding a motorcycle instead of driving a car (But I will say, benefits of riding outweigh the cons)

When the heart wants butter chicken, dont suggest oats

Pretty please?
Urban_Nomad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 22:13   #55
BANNED

My suggestion would be to consider Bajaj Avenger. Its a cruiser, low seat, Ample power. I don't see many owners complaining. Moreover it looks good and I think u get lot of aftermarket accessories.
Old 13th December 2014, 03:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
No offence meant to anyone, but I dont see the point of giving suggestions around cars the OPs brother can buy, when he clearly mentioned his brother wanting to ride to work

He already owns an 800 and an Innova. So its not like he does not already have a viable option to drive down to work if he so chooses

I am not getting into the debate of merits and demerits of riding a motorcycle instead of driving a car (But I will say, benefits of riding outweigh the cons)

When the heart wants butter chicken, dont suggest oats

Pretty please?

Completely agree with you ! Riding has a lot of benefits. Don't know about bangalore, but in Mumbai, i cant even imagine driving at peak hours. Riding is always preferred. Saves a LOT of time, and fuel.

Cheers !
Rohitj92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 08:15   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSree View Post
I too wanna inject some fun into my daily commute which is 50 km each way. It's 95% highway, half of it is four lanes.

I'm looking for a bike to ride on clear days to my office at 100+ kph. I'm 5'10", weigh 90
100 kms travel on a bike means it 'has' to be comfortable else you are into trouble (read: backache etc).

Your requirements said and done on highway that too on a 2-wheeler doing 100+ kmph is risky and 'not' advisable. Riding faster means more attention and lot more stress which is risky for you and other road users.

Now, to suggest a bike that is capable of cruising happily without any fuss is RE Thunderbird 500. There is nothing else that comes into my mind.

IMO, the best speeds on highway on a bike would be between 80-90 kmph and occasional bursts to 100 kmph.

Anurag.
Old 13th December 2014, 10:37   #58
BHPian

Thanks for the reply, @a4anurag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
100 kms travel on a bike means it 'has' to be comfortable else you are into trouble (read: backache etc).
I'm aware of the fatigue factor and all. But it's only 50 km each way, not 100; also, the road is so good and inviting it would be criminal to ignore its beckoning

After driving the boring Indigo for one year, I'm dying for a change. I'm also sure this itching to ride a bike will wane away after a while :rolleyes:

That's why I wanna mix n match. May be some time later, I may be wanting to pedal my way on a road bike. (Just kidding!)

Quote:
Your requirements said and done on highway that too on a 2-wheeler doing 100+ kmph is risky and 'not' advisable. Riding faster means more attention and lot more stress which is risky for you and other road users.

IMO, the best speeds on highway on a bike would be between 80-90 kmph and occasional bursts to 100 kmph.
I've tried riding on my Apache for a couple of months. While the ride pepped up my mood, the bike gave me a backache. Hence the search for a suitable ONE.

BTW, traffic is very light on this highway, hence maintaining speeds doesn't drain your energies for a forty minute ride. However, you are right about hitting a ton only when the road permits.

Quote:
Now, to suggest a bike that is capable of cruising happily without any fuss is RE Thunderbird 500. There is nothing else that comes into my mind.
Thanks for the suggestion. As I mentioned in my other post, I've concerns over this RE. Things I've heard:

1. Niggles. RE bikes are full of them.
2. Vibrations. RE bikes will rattle you to the bone when pushed beyond 80kmph.

Any light on these? Thanks again.
VintageSree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 12:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSree View Post

My budget is Rs.200 +- 10 k.

Please suggest a good ride. Thanks.
Without further ado my dear, rush to your nearest ktm dealer and put down your money for a brand spanking new 390.

Be ready for the best "wake me up" of your life

Old 13th December 2014, 22:15   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Without further ado my dear, rush to your nearest ktm dealer and put down your money for a brand spanking new 390.

Be ready for the best "wake me up" of your life

Thanks @Urban_Nomad.

Would that be duke 390 or RC 390? Is there any difference between the two? Sorry if I sound too naive, I'm not sure about the sport style rides, remember backache?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks