Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2015, 10:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Suzuki Gixxer SF spied EDIT: Launched at Rs. 92,596 (on-road, Delhi)

Suzuki has announced that it will launch the Gixxer SF fully-faired motorcycle on April 7, 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 24th March 2015, 15:53   #17
BHPian

Can somebody please explain to me why an air-cooled 150 with no more than +/-10hp at the wheel need a fairing?
And how does a full fairing affect cooling? Have the Japs mastered the art of jugaad ?

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 24th March 2015 at 15:55.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 17:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
And how does a full fairing affect cooling? Have the Japs mastered the art of jugaad ?
Yes they did. And that too a long time ago. They had put a fairing over a 223cc Fuel injected air cooled unit before.. Without much troubles!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 18:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can somebody please explain to me why an air-cooled 150 with no more than +/-10hp at the wheel need a fairing?

The Prospect and Possibility of selling thousands of units.. and therefore the chance of making profits.

In the end, it all depends on what the market/consumer wants.
Old 30th March 2015, 19:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Yes they did. And that too a long time ago. They had put a fairing over a 223cc Fuel injected air cooled unit before.. Without much troubles!
The japs did no such non-sense until now. If you are referring to the 'Hero' ZMR then it is purely an Indian Jugaad. Honda would never approve such a design IMO.
Old 30th March 2015, 19:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are referring to the 'Hero' ZMR then it is purely an Indian Jugaad. Honda would never approve such a design IMO.
Actually, first came the 'Hero Honda' ZMR with the Honda's PGM-Fi.
Old 30th March 2015, 20:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The japs did no such non-sense until now. If you are referring to the 'Hero' ZMR then it is purely an Indian Jugaad. Honda would never approve such a design IMO.
Quote:
I had one and was a Hero Honda!

Suzuki Gixxer SF spied EDIT: Launched at Rs. 92,596 (on-road, Delhi)-dscn0640.jpg

Last edited by Porschefire : 30th March 2015 at 20:38.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 22:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Its not really about the "need". Its about what people "want". A fully faired bike looks cool and for that price, its simply nice to have one. Its about selling something that's pretty much the same thing over and over again with mediocre corrections and dominating (or in this case of the Suzuki, still managing to be in) the bike market.

Regarding the cooling concerns. Its not really a fire breathing monster underneath. Its just a 150 cc commuter from the Suzuki who are know to make refined bikes and are in league with the Honda and Yamaha. I think a simple kit or a fairing won't ruin anything in any way but will instead sell a lot..

Last edited by msrsooraj : 30th March 2015 at 22:16.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I had one and was a Hero Honda!

Attachment 1355395
Whoops!...Yes, I have my white Tees on, so go on... hurl those eggs!

I am still somewhat skeptical though. May Hero stuck the Honda sticker when they were'nt looking .
Old 1st April 2015, 12:11   #25
BHPian

Some new snaps from XBHP.

The bike oozes class for its segment.

It surely is going to set the segment on fire if it has similar price difference like Gixxer & FZ, when compared to Fazer

Has white Lens for Indicators. I always feel colored lens is better.
Suzuki Gixxer SF spied EDIT: Launched at Rs. 92,596 (on-road, Delhi)-gixxersf1.jpg

Different Finish to the exhaust(the Gixxer's feels more upmarket) & a easily usable kick lever even with full faring
Suzuki Gixxer SF spied EDIT: Launched at Rs. 92,596 (on-road, Delhi)-gixxersf2.jpg

Terrific Fit and finish on the faring. I somehow feel, the old Karizma's console fits best in a full faring.
Suzuki Gixxer SF spied EDIT: Launched at Rs. 92,596 (on-road, Delhi)-gixxersf3.jpg

Day by day the urge to get this faring fitted on my gixxer is increasing. If its priced at 5-8k as an accessory, its going on mine without a doubt

Off Topic: Mods please change the thread title to Gixxer SF, as it is now obvious that SLK is not the name.

Last edited by swami.n : 1st April 2015 at 12:12.
swami.n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 17:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
God, this looks good. This is the Karizma replacement I was looking for - I think.

"Dated" is good! Not all of us are fans of jagged edges and funky angles!

I second that. In fact bikes such as the mid generation and some of the uncountable variations of the Pulsar have so many cuts and creases that they look terribly quirky and it is embarrassing to see poorly maintained examples with broken panels.

Less is more - and simpler bikes look much better in the long run such as the Unicorn which had minor refreshments without being weird. The older Karizma still looks so good today. Unicorn 160 looks conservative but is acceptable.

I choose this design any day over the RS200 ( though that is from a different segment) and seeing the success of the Gixxer, things shouldn't go wrong. This will be a tough battle between Honda and Suzuki who has now upped the ante.

Last edited by ciddharth : 1st April 2015 at 17:21.
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 12:15   #27
BHPian

The all new Suzuki Gixxer SF(Sports Faring) is launched today at an On-road price of

Rs.95323/- for the White & Black versions

and

Rs.97005/- for the Spl MotoGP edition Blue in Chennai.

IMO, its terrific value for money.

Also, the fared bike is just 4kgs heavier than the naked Gixxer

Suzuki has just taken the game to a new level and a whole lot of bikes ranging from the Fazer to CBR 150 to R15 and to an extent, even the RS200 & RC200 are going to feel the heat.

All we want is the Inazuma's twin cylinder mill in there and name it the GSX-R250 and price around 2lac and its going to blow the competition away.

Official Page - http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/GixxerPrice_SF.aspx

Quote:
The premium looking Suzuki Gixxer SF is a fully faired 155cc motorcycle which has aerodynamic full sport fairing. Suzuki Gixxer SF has been developed in the same wind-tunnel where the legendary Hayabusa, GSX-R and MotoGP machines are developed. The fairing has been designed to give maximum wind protection to the rider, reducing turbulence and drag, thereby delivering great aerodynamic efficiency.

Every feature of the new Gixxer SF is designed to give a sporty and premium look - from its futuristic-looking aluminum exhaust end cover, new clear lens indicators and pinstripe on the wheels gives it a sharp, edgy look, guaranteed to appeal to all motorcycle lovers!

Last edited by swami.n : 7th April 2015 at 12:37.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

The faired Gixxer looks great, and is a worthy stablemate of its naked twin (which I maintain is the best naked 150 in the country today).

That said, its really depressing to note that today 150 cc bikes are nudging one lac rupees. The price Ratan Tata wanted to launch the Nano at not to long ago .....
ebonho is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 12:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
The all new Suzuki Gixxer SF(Sports Faring) is launched today at an On-road price of

Rs.95323/- for the White & Black versions

and

Rs.97005/- for the Spl MotoGP edition Blue in Chennai.

IMO, its terrific value for money.

Also, the fared bike is just 4kgs heavier than the naked Gixxer

Suzuki has just taken the game to a new level and a whole lot of bikes ranging from the Fazer to CBR 150 to R15 and to an extent, even the RS200 & RC200 are going to feel the heat.

All we want is the Inazuma's twin cylinder mill in there and name it the GSX-R250 and price around 2lac and its going to blow the competition away.

Official Page - http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/GixxerPrice_SF.aspx
I believe the price is really good, but at the end of the day you get what you for?

Just a quick comparison (not to offend you or anyone else here) Suzuki has Carburetor fuel system over FI used in R15, has drum brakes in rear while R15 comes with DISC for both front & Rear. Suzuki’s kerb weight still about 3kgs more than R15 v2.0 and of course R15 looks superior in Max power & Torque figures as well.

All said in a country like ours fully-clad bikes are mostly likely to be a hit (I am a sucker for fully-clad bikes).

This model might very well send the sales chart up north for Suzuki India, and if their ASS can back it up with decent service then Suzuki India is going to have time of their life!!!
Chida is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 14:10   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
I believe the price is really good, but at the end of the day you get what you for?

Just a quick comparison (not to offend you or anyone else here) Suzuki has Carburetor fuel system over FI used in R15, has drum brakes in rear while R15 comes with DISC for both front & Rear. Suzuki’s kerb weight still about 3kgs more than R15 v2.0 and of course R15 looks superior in Max power & Torque figures as well.
All very valid points but there is a Rs 35,000 - 40,000 gap between the two bikes which tilts things towards the Suzuki when a budget conscious buyer is comparing. While browsing through the Suzuki website, I found that the Gixxer has won a total of 13 awards from Autocar, NDTV Car & Bike, Bike, Top Gear, Zig Wheels, CNBC Overdrive, Motoring, AutoBild and one more. That's impressive recognition.

I think the Gixxer and the SF are two smartly priced and well engineered bikes that deserve to sell well. Hopefully these two bikes set the cash registers ringing for Suzuki.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks