Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 19:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj launches the RS200. Tough sleep for CBR250/RC200/R-15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmoya2007 View Post
If Yamaha is going to launch the R25 in India, now is a good time, I guess.
Don't really see Yamaha being able to do it.. anyway Yamaha customers are happy with the R15.

Also don't see any significant numbers that the R25 might do if launched in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
A rear wheel skid is savable to a certain degree where the front wheel skid is not.

Exactly.. its near impossible to recover from a front wheel lock. Rear wheel lock/slide can be controlled to some extent

In bikes like the new Triumph Tiger 800 XRx/XCx, in Off Road MODE only the Front (Single Channel) ABS works only.. allowing the rider to slide his rear wheel.

Last edited by payeng : 26th March 2015 at 19:58.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 19:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
There is a price difference of about 30k between the Standard CBR and ABS version, here the difference is almost half.
Also factor in the fact that the CBR uses a combined ABS (C-ABS) system which is far superior in terms of effectiveness than the ABS system you'll find on the 390 Duke or RC 390. That might account for the price difference. Saying the effectiveness part from my experience as a 390 owner.
anilp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 19:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

re: Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh

Overdone but a bike that is sure to click with the Pulsar fan club.

While specifications suggest a high 11,000 rpm red line, the tachometer is still marked at 9500rpm.

I really like the stepped ring for chain adjustment. Much faster and easier to sort out chain tension.
Old 26th March 2015, 20:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Also factor in the fact that the CBR uses a combined ABS (C-ABS)..
True. I overlooked that particular fact that may contribute to the price.

Any bad experience from your side regarding the independent ABS system of the 390?
Old 26th March 2015, 20:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
While specifications suggest a high 11,000 rpm red line, the tachometer is still marked at 9500rpm.
The Red Lined Zone starts at 9.5K. 11000RPM might be where the Rev Limiter kicks in.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 20:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
It scores over the NS200 with Fuel injection and ABS. The design however is too busy for my liking. Wonder if the NS200 will also get the FI and ABS, maybe not to keep the RS distinct.
I guess you misread it but the Pulsar RS200 does not get the FI. It is the same triple spark technology of the NS200. ABS is where it scores over the NS.
Old 26th March 2015, 20:24   #37
BHPian

Bajaj has overdone the design. Its Too bulky for a 200cc mill. They have done a good job in providing abs as an option though but they should've done it with ns too. The tail lights look weird imo. To each their own. Some might like it, some might not. I'd prefer rc200 design any day over it.
Wish they had optional abs for the duke/rc200 too.
Cheers!
Old 26th March 2015, 20:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Any bad experience from your side regarding the independent ABS system of the 390?
Not really, I've not faced any problems with the 390 ABS. However, to give the devil its due, the CBR's ABS is far superior.
Old 26th March 2015, 20:46   #39
BHPian

Lave track racing to amateurs?????? What is wrong with bajaj?? Are the trying to promote rash riding ?? trying to take race to streets by the "professional IDIOTS"
Attached Thumbnails
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-rs200.jpg  

Old 26th March 2015, 20:50   #40
BHPian

The single channel ABS will not add much to safety IMO.

Duke 390 owners will agree that it is far easier and more frequent to activate/feel the ABS engaging on the rear brake in comparison to the front brake. During braking, any two wheeler transfers weight onto the front and this ensures the front wheel almost never steps out of the line.

On the contrary, during braking, rear becomes very light and the rear wheel locks up very easily. The most common reason of a fall during emergency braking is the locking up of the rear wheel resulting in fish-tail and ultimately a fall.

EDIT: It's fun to see those cool looking creatures that convert from an alien to a car in a movie, it's ugly to see this bike actually on the road though.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 26th March 2015 at 20:58.
Old 26th March 2015, 21:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
EDIT: It's fun to see those cool looking creatures that convert from an alien to a car in a movie, it's ugly to see this bike actually on the road though.
Seconded. The overall front design as well as the tail light is mind boggling, to say the least. A worthy successor to the new ZMA.
Old 26th March 2015, 22:05   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

From a marketing perspective there are two very big standouts

1. No Bajaj logo on the bike - It just goes to show that the Pulsar brand carries a lot more weight than the Bajaj brand. I am sure Bajaj has the marketing research to prove it.

2. Leave track racing to amateurs - Market research across metros, Tier II and Tier III cities would have shown Bajaj that their bikes (P220, P200 and the rest) are not 'sporty enough' as compared to fully faired offerings from the competition - R15, CBR 250 / CBR 150 etc: Owners of these fully faired bikes who stop by an auto driver in a good mood while wearing full riding gear are sure to hear the "Oh, going racing is it?" quip. That's how many Indians view fully faired bikes.

For quick riding on the streets (which is where 99.9% of owners will spend 100% of their riding) go for the RS200, they say. In the real world, all you need is a RS200. Turning a negative into a positive. Why should Bajaj bikes be sporty enough for track riding when track riding is only for amateurs and wannabes and posers, right? Right? OK so that may not work on many forum members but Im sure it will be an effective strategy for Bajaj.

Purely as a marketing move, it is a really smart one. Is it a responsible one? Definitely not.

P.S - I almost forgot, my eyes! My eyes! Save me, save me! If this is the natural adverse reaction to seeing a picture of one, I cant imagine what will happen to me if I see one in the real world. A black may make things better though.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 26th March 2015 at 22:07.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 22:10   #43
MSC
BHPian

The bike really looks good for the price it is asking.The engine configuration too looks good. With Hero Motocorp close to release its HX250,it seems that indian bike makers are hell bent on kicking the Japanese bikes out.
It is too early to comment about performance of Pulsar and HX250,still both of them look mean machines.
If they can match fit and finish along with performance with that of Japanese bikes,soon we are all looking at fierce bike war in 300 cc category.
Also,buying a Pulsar or HX250 strengthens our economy as precious foreign exchange is retained in country itself.
Do we see PM's "Make in India" succeed?
Might be.
Old 26th March 2015, 22:16   #44
BHPian

Looks pretty ok, esp, when compared to contraptions like ZMR Not something that will blow you away like the R15 2.0 (When Launched) or something clean and timeless as the CBR. But for sure is a looker.

Some complain about the rear tire hugger, but isnt that whats on all the bilkes these days ?

Might look much better in black, may the red too without those tacky Vinyls. I would have preferred a cleaner design.

Wish they had brought out the 400 Series as well along with this! Could have been a double bang!

Tagline! yes doesn't sound very responsible depending on how one deciphers it. But then, how many actually read/pay attention to it? And the ones who ride rash will ride that way with or without the tagline.
anand.shankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 23:57   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess I am one of those few who liked the design. Somehow this does appeal to me. I do NOT know much about bikes, so will wait for a comparo with the other fully faired bikes of similar spec.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks