Team-BHP - Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/161981-bajaj-pulsar-rs200-launched-rs-1-18-lakh.html)

Mod Note: Our Pulsar RS200 ride report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Bajaj Auto has launched the new Pulsar RS200 at a price of Rs. 1,18,000 for the non-ABS and Rs. 1,30,000 for the ABS version (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-2-0.jpg

High Points:

• India is the first market where the RS200 has been introduced.
• Domestic sales of this motorcycle are expected to be around 2,500 units per month.
• Bajaj has not provided the ARAI fuel consumption figures for this bike, yet claims that its Triple Spark and DTS-i technology make this bike more fuel efficient than many 150 cc motorcycles out there.
• Both ABS and Non-ABS versions are launched and will be available on sale starting today. Bajaj will tweak the supply as per the demand of either versions.
• Bajaj sells 55,000 units of the Pulsar each month in the domestic market.
• I'm no expert, but their tagline - "leave track racing to amateurs" might convey the wrong message to a lot of impressionable bike enthusiasts out there.

RS200:

• Powered by a 199.5 cc, Triple Spark DTS-i engine, this bike produces 24.2 BHP @ 9,750 RPM and 18.6 Nm of torque @ 8,000 RPM. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
• Top speed is claimed to be 141 km/h. This bike redlines at 11,000 RPM.
• The RS200 uses a perimeter frame for added stiffness.
• Dimensions of the bike are different in comparison to the NS200. This one measures 1,999 mm in length, 765 mm in width and 1,114 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 1,355 mm, ground clearance of 157 mm and a kerb weight of 165 kg.
• Fuel tank capacity is 13 liters.
• It will be available in only 2 colours - red and yellow.

Profile shots:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-p1430319.jpg

Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-2-1.jpg

Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-2-2.jpg

Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-2.jpg

Twin projector headlamps. Low beam uses a 55W bulb whereas high beam uses a 65W:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-3.jpg

Telescopic suspension with an anti-friction bush:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-4.jpg

LED pilot lamps and clear lens turn indicators:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-5.jpg

Single-channel ABS with a 300 mm diameter disc brake. The front wheel wears 100/80 R17 MRF Nylogrip rubber:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-6.jpg

Front windscreen. Notice the pointed nose of the RS200:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-7.jpg

Tachometer is placed right in the center affirming the sportiness of this motorcycle. Digital speedometer on the right side and warning + gear indicators on the left:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-8.jpg

Conventional keyhole:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-9-0.jpg

Clip-on handlebars:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-9.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-10.jpg

The fender design might seem a little over-the-top to some of you:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-11-0.jpg

In case you're wondering what RS stands for:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-11-1.jpg

13-liter fuel tank:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-11.jpg

There isn't a single 'Bajaj' badge on this bike:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-12.jpg

Interesting hexagonal rear view mirrors:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-13.jpg

Contoured split seats:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-15.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-14.jpg

Rear tyre gets a mudguard:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-16.jpg

4-valve Triple Spark DTS-i engine with fuel injection & liquid cooling:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-17.jpg

Foot rests for the rider and pillion:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-18.jpg

Nitrox mono shock absorber with canister:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-19.jpg

Midship race exhaust:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-20.jpg

230 mm diameter rear disc brake. The wheels are shod with 130/70 R17 rubber:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-21.jpg

Tiny number plate and reflector underneath:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-22.jpg

Crystal LED tail-lamps look unique:
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-23.jpg

Today, Bajaj officially launched the RS200 in India.

The Pulsar RS200 boasts of twin projector headlights along with LED pilot lamps. It has a transparent windscreen to protect the rider against wind blasts. The instruments are familiarly Bajaj and so is the clip-on handlebar.

The seats seem to have a really good design behind their evolution. The exhaust pipe, however, is shortened (and not underbelly as many would expect) keeping in mind the latest trend.

Coming to the engine, it comprises of a 199.5cc, SOHC, Four stroke, Liquid Cooled FI system that has a combustion chamber comprising of a triple spark plug. The power delivery stands at 24.2bhp at 9750rpm with a maximum torque of 19NM. It can be observed that the engine platform of the RS200 is the same as that of the 200NS, but has a bhp more of power than it's naked sibling.

The riding position is not much track oriented, it appears, as the positioning is slightly upright as compared to it's Austrian rival. Telescopic forks and monoshocks attend to the front and the rear suspensions, respectively.

However, there are two USPs of this bike.
First, it's claimed to be the fastest Pulsar, with a top whack of 141 kmph. Secondly, it's also the first Pulsar to have ABS (as an optional, though). The front brake consists of a 300mm single disc and the rear, 230mm.

Available only in two colours - Red and Yellow, the newest Pulsar on the block is priced at Rs. 1.18 lakh (Non-ABS) and Rs. 1.30 lakh (ABS). All prices ex-showroom Delhi.

With such features and pricing, the Pulsar RS200 aims to give a pretty tough fight to the KTM RC200, the Honda CBR250R and the Yamaha R15 V2 as the ultimate sub 250cc sports bike in India. What remains to be seen however, is whether it actually succeeds in doing so or not.

Eagerly awaiting the next move from the Austrians, as well as the Japanese.

All photos sourced from Google images.

Bajaj, as expected brings more for the performance enthusiasts in India! (along with KTM).

This bike is priced attractively, but is overdesigned beyond my imagination! (close the point of being called ugly) - I have no idea how a design team which could bring Pulsar 200 NS can come out with this design!

I am sure there will be people liking this as well, or tolerate its looks for the sake for performance :D

Looking forward to seeing these during the highway rides!

Looks absolutely smashing! The website is up too - http://www.bajajauto.com/pulsarrs200/launch

Quite a lot of the other bikes now seem overpriced in comparison.

The bike looks good from all the angles & I think Bajaj has priced this aggressively as well.
Happy that the pulsar brand now has ABS (at least as an option)
Waiting to get a chance to take it for a spin.
Good move from Bajaj to bring this. Better late than never lol:

A tad bit overdone! Handle bars appear too high. Also, the paint scheme belongs to Hero Moto Corp.

Should see these soon enough on roads.

Am hoping 200NS gets the upgraded engine and more importantly, ABS.

(I will be very interested in a 200NS ABS) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 3672047)
This bike is priced attractively, but is overdesigned beyond my imagination! (close the point of being called ugly) - I have no idea how a design team which could bring Pulsar 200 NS can come out with this design!

Couldn't agree more! The bike is overdone indeed!

I sold my Avventure hoping Bajaj would soon introduce its 400 Range and here I am looking at 200, which tells me that I will have to wait at least a year before I could get my hands on a bike again :'(

Nevertheless, a great attempt by Bajaj. Value for money & A good looking machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 3672066)
Am hoping 200NS gets the upgraded engine and more importantly, ABS.

(I will be very interested in a 200NS ABS) :)

The bike has a single channel ABS on front wheel only.

This bike would be a tough competitor for Duke, CBR and lot others.

Considering the target segment an overdone style may workout in their favor. The main issue faced with Bajaj Pulsar is ageing. A 2 or 3 year old bike feels very old while driving it and not to mention the rattles.

Difference is ABS and non ABS is only 12k, as against in CBR250 which has 25-30k difference. Bike is poised to be a superstar :) Overly done headlight, though.

I do agree with the notion that some parts of the bike seem overdone. But then, have to give it up to Bajaj for redefining the sub 250cc category with this bike. The competition just became more nastier and compact.

I'm a KTM owner, but being completely neutral, the RC200 has a very bleak chance of outshining the Bajaj. ABS, design and comfort are the things about the RS200 that need to be written in bold. The Japanese however, surely need to learn the art of pricing a product from Bajaj!

I think we are concluding too much, only based on the price. Agree that ours a price sensitive market, but I still strongly say that AFA is performance is concerned, CBR and DUKE way ahead.

I did a test ride when Duke 200 was launched and same for cbr 250 and 200NS. Undoubtedly, 200NS was a big break from Bajaj, but it still cannot match DUKE and CBR at performance IMO.

All in all, good for those who value only looks, curves and sharp edges.

I would be more interested in a 400 version as that would be the real beast at very very VFM price.

In one of the adverts (from the launch event), it says: Leave track racing to amateurs.

Now, this is the kind of stuff from manufacturers that gets my goat!
Isn't this an indirect way of promoting traffic light GPs? :deadhorse

Source - http://www.bajajauto.com/pulsarrs200/launch/

Any idea how this single channel ABS works? Is the front wheel speed compared to the actual bike speed from the speed sensor?

[EDIT]: Yes it does. Just found out that the system does compare the wheel speed with the actual speed of the bike.

http://www.bosch-motorcycle.com/en/d..._light_1.html#