Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 11:08   #16
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield's War-Inspired Motorcycles & Gear! To be sold online only EDIT: Launched at Rs. 2.25 L

How does one book this?
Old 4th June 2015, 11:50   #17
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield's War-Inspired Motorcycles & Gear! To be sold online only EDIT: Launched at Rs. 2.25 L

These are DEFINITELY the ugliest bikes I have ever seen!

Enfield is now taking tricks from the Maruti book: For Eg., the Swift Windsong edition, probably the ugliest car in India.

Some new stickers and people will buy!
john doe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 14:54   #18
Team-BHP Support

Re: Royal Enfield's War-Inspired Motorcycles & Gear! To be sold online only EDIT: Launched at Rs. 2.

Royal Enfield has priced at its limited edition Despatch range of motorcycles at Rs. 2,24,752 (on-road, Mumbai).

The Despatch edition is available in two colour variants - Desert Storm Despatch and Squadron Blue Despatch. Both come with a camouflage pattern and embossed hallmark showing the particulars of its manufacture. Additionally, each Royal Enfield Despatch comes with leather seats and a leather buckle strap to hold the air filter box. The engine, silencer and exhaust of the Despatch edition is painted matte black.

Royal Enfield's War-Inspired Motorcycles & Gear! Launched at Rs. 2.25 L, sold out in minutes!-dist.jpg

Only 100 units of each colour will be manufactured for sale in India. Customers can book their motorcycles starting 10 am on July 15th at store.royalenfield.com. After booking, customers can take the delivery of the motorcycle from the nearest company store or dealership in their city.

Royal Enfield also showcased its latest apparel and accessories inspired by the Despatch Riders of the World Wars. Materials like leather, twill and canvas in brown, green, olive, tan and blue are paired with regimental detailing such as epaulettes, plackets and gorgets.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th July 2015 at 18:45.
Old 8th July 2015, 20:06   #19
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield's War-Inspired Motorcycles & Gear! To be sold online only EDIT: Launched at Rs. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
These are DEFINITELY the ugliest bikes I have ever seen!

Enfield is now taking tricks from the Maruti book: For Eg., the Swift Windsong edition, probably the ugliest car in India.

Some new stickers and people will buy!
I totally agree with you. This move of RE worries me in their money minting strategy towards the indian customer. The bikes sure looks hideous and lacks character IMHO. Adding funny colors, some leather add on and one or two different stickers are not going to make it a special anyway. For the price they are asking, they could have done some subtle changes, adding to the utility and character of the bike. Still, i know many people will buy and line up for this edition for the specialty that is offered here, because in India that's what maruti does and has been pretty successful in doing the same
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 01:54   #20
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved the look. Sadly not in TB edition for obvious reasons.

Well priced. Should be out of stock in minutes.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 12:00   #21
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
The bikes sure looks hideous and lacks character IMHO. Adding funny colors, some leather add on and one or two different stickers are not going to make it a special anyway. For the price they are asking, they could have done some subtle changes, adding to the utility and character of the bike:
Well looking hideous or ugly would not be the right statement to make. A camouflage coloured bike would look this only. While yes functional improvements always make for a good upgrade but almost all companies do this with colors, stickers, looks to attract buyers.

Personally I wouldnt plonk the extra money on these, while a premium of ~ 5-10k over the regular colors would have been alright. Enfields are cult bikes, no one buys them for the latest technologies or fuel efficiencies, people buy them for the rich tradition, if these colors straight from the past ignite some passions among the buyers, the numbers could just fly off from the shelves.

Id say blame the new pricing strategy on the likes of Harleys & other expensive bikes selling good here. Do those bikes really deserve the prices they are sold at ? I guess not!
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 13:10   #22
BHPian

I agree with most of you gentlemen on the bike being a bit over priced but I'm sure it will sell and also command a premium in future due to it being a "limited edition" motorcycle.

I am a huge RE fan and own 2 bullets, one from 1963 and another from the 70's however I don't like this particular model that RE has come out with for the following reasons (apart from price)

1) Despatch rider motorcycles were in army olive green, in most cases matt finish in WW1 and WWII. I cant see how a blue camouflage colour option goes with the despatch theme. I have my doubts about the desert camouflage colour too - it doesn't look like WWII to me.

2) Spring seats = rigid frame motorcycles. The current RE doesn't look like a bike from the 40's irrespective of what RE says - the unit construction engine pops it into the 60's / 70s - so the seats look out of place to me. The bike would have looked better with a short seat similar to the one the bullet used to come with in the 60's and 70s.

3) Tan seat covers don't go well with the despatch rider theme. Despatch rider bikes that I've seen in photographs as well as my old side value Norton were dull green black seats.

Its an excellent marketing concept but still the same bike - would have liked to see some changes / tweaks either internal or external (apart from the colour) to make it really "different" from the regular classic.
theqca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:15   #23
BHPian

Was logged on at 10 AM. By the time I filled the details, it was sold out.

200 bikes in 4 minutes.
RAINMAKER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 19:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
200 bikes in 4 minutes.
Well damn. And here I thought that these motorcycles were a bit of an eyesore.

Personally, for that much monies or far lesser I'd get a 60's bull, now that's something far more satisfying to own and run.
Old 15th July 2015, 20:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:

200 bikes in 4 minutes.
Same here. But I had all the information ready to be pasted. Completed the form in 30 seconds and got to the cart by 10:01am but it was sold out. God knows if these were genuine bookings or just my luck. Well getting a classic 500 silver now with 10 days waiting only.
Old 16th July 2015, 18:37   #26
BHPian

Apparently it sold out in 26 mins.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/limite...in-26-minutes/
Old 17th July 2015, 16:53   #27
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield's War-Inspired Motorcycles & Gear! Launched at Rs. 2.25 L, sold out in minutes!

Even I was ready with all information. By the moment I entered the payment page at 10:01 AM, it was sold out.
May be dealers would sell it for a premium.
Old 18th July 2015, 12:16   #28
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield's War-Inspired Motorcycles & Gear! Launched at Rs. 2.25 L, sold out in minutes!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Same here. But I had all the information ready to be pasted. Completed the form in 30 seconds and got to the cart by 10:01am but it was sold out. God knows if these were genuine bookings
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaramu View Post
Even I was ready with all information. By the moment I entered the payment page at 10:01 AM, it was sold out.
Clearly this online sale was a scam, to help dealers and black marketeers make even more money. Somebody should sue Royal Enfield if there were potential customers who had registered beforehand (and had already entered their details), yet couldn't book the bike within the first minute itself. If not the company, then clearly somebody associated with it played a part in blocking orders of genuine customers. Oh, well, kindly adjust... we're like this only!!
Hawkeye269 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 11:09   #29
BHPian

It is very evident that online sale is a scam because I did visit one of the dealer in Bangalore and I was told if I pay 25k premium I'll get the bike
I mean seriously what's the point of the online sale if they can't cater to customers
I completed all formalities by 10:01 am and it's sold out I mean for the payment gateway to complete its procedures it takes couple of minutes at least
Old 20th July 2015, 13:10   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaramu View Post
I tried too :

(1) It showed 'Sold out' in 5 seconds flat!
(2) Tried again - Went to check out stage and then website reported sold-out out in 2 mins

I think the 25 mins, < 1 hour articles are paid by Royal Enfield not to get sued like the Flipkart Sale which was taken up by the media.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks