Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2016, 11:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
P.S. - Booked the Mojo in Red delivery end-April and bought a TB500
amitc7 mate did you buy both, if yes then awesome man. Nothing like having multiple motorcycles in one's garage and that too Value For Money ones. You will the right person to do a real time comparison of both the Tbird500 and Mojo. I think you listen to your heart(Tbird500) and brain(Mojo) both.

Enjoy.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 09:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
The bike (Mojo) sales figure for Jan had it at 64 units

For a bike priced below 2 lakhs, guess the sales numbers have to be at least 10 times (every month) of the Jan numbers to be making enough money for the company/suppliers.

Old 14th March 2016, 08:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
For a bike priced below 2 lakhs, guess the sales numbers have to be at least 10 times (every month) of the Jan numbers to be making enough money for the company/suppliers.
Early days. The bike had a severely limited launch. Also production is limited. The next 6 months may decide the date of the bike. But whomsoever had it have good things to say about it. It's also a viable alternative to RE
Old 14th March 2016, 13:40   #34
BANNED

I am really upset with the Mahindra folks for keeping us guessing.
When is this bike going to be available pan India? When is the ABS version hitting the showrooms ?
Old 14th March 2016, 14:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I am really upset with the Mahindra folks for keeping us guessing.
When is this bike going to be available pan India? When is the ABS version hitting the showrooms ?
Whilst I can't say when it will be available pan india - [Perhaps a tweet to AM can help] but they have made provisions for servicing of the bike in areas where it is not sold. You would have to ask the dealers about this.
As far ABS goes - your guess is as good as mine, I know it is under testing due to some spy pics on the net. Best guess would be a Diwali launch.
Old 14th March 2016, 21:45   #36
BANNED

I wish the Mahindra bike folks would show some of the intent that their four wheeler division exhibits.
ABS in Diwali and new stickers every New Year huh !
C'mon Mahindra...you have far more ability to produce the goods (pun unintended) than your current form shows.
I hope you haven't poached your key men from Hero Motors; that would explain the speedy approach !
Old 24th March 2016, 13:07   #37
BHPian

People,

I just got the phone from the Mahindra Mojo dealer on Poonamalee High Road near Vaishnav College, they are giving ready delivery in Chennai now. No waiting! Yes you heard it right no waiting, they have tons of bikes in stock.

Bring cash and take it in 48 hours registered and all.
Old 28th March 2016, 14:09   #38
BHPian

And the journey continues...

Its been 3+ months now, another impromptu ride- destination- Goa! twist- Couple ride!

So, how did the bike perform?... searching for words, lets just say 'BRIL#$%@I#LIANT"

We travelled upwards of 1300KM in 4 days, exhausted by the end of it, long ride.. everyday.

This time, the winds were merciful, I was able to clock 135 easily, and the pillion didn't feel a thing. Mind you, she is not someone who has ever done a long journey on a bike and its been simply unthinkable for her. Didn't feel the need to ride faster, the bike continued to give good mileage and it actually felt so inexpensive getting from point A to B. Of course, I'm comparing it to a diesel car + tolls.

We were completely unprepared, realized the need for saddle bags, picked it up in Goa, and its worth every penny. Shoulder bags are such a pain, we had to dump more than half the stuff in Hubli at a friend's place and move on.

The beautiful Chorla Ghats

Riding here, awesome experience, beautiful winding and well paved roads, some kick ass flora and fauna, if not for the oncoming traffic, this is one of the best ghat stretches I have travelled on, simply beautiful.

Exhaust note becomes Diwali firecrackers in the ghats, the constant pops is a pleasure to hear.

Continuous riding and Mr Butt had given up on the 4th day, had to coax and caress every half hour lol.

The bike itself, no sign of strain/stress/ issues or anything to complain. Its not something that gives up easily .

We intend to do a Rajasthan in the near future, invested in a SOL helmet and an Alpinestar jacket for the wife. These were sorely missed.

Its an experience we will cherish for a long long time, and it was possible only cause the bike is so good and we enjoyed every minute of it, even though some of it was tough to get through.

Here's the thing, you can take on a lot of difficulties as long as your bike is there doing its business-ride- nough said!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: My Mahindra Mojo!-fullsizerender-4.jpg  

Review: My Mahindra Mojo!-fullsizerender-8.jpg  

Review: My Mahindra Mojo!-fullsizerender.jpg  

Review: My Mahindra Mojo!-fullsizerender5.jpg  

SamuraiJack is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 14:30   #39
BHPian

Re: And the journey continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Its been 3+ months now, another impromptu ride- destination- Goa! twist- Couple ride!

So, how did the bike perform?... searching for words, lets just say 'BRIL#$%@I#LIANT"

We travelled upwards of 1300KM in 4 days, exhausted by the end of it, long ride.. everyday.

The beautiful Chorla Ghats

Riding here, awesome experience, beautiful winding and well paved roads, some kick ass flora and fauna, if not for the oncoming traffic, this is one of the best ghat stretches I have travelled on, simply beautiful.

Exhaust note becomes Diwali firecrackers in the ghats, the constant pops is a pleasure to hear.

Continuous riding and Mr Butt had given up on the 4th day, had to coax and caress every half hour lol.

Here's the thing, you can take on a lot of difficulties as long as your bike is there doing its business-ride- nough said!
Absolutely fantastic review sir.

Chorla ghat is really amazing and the stretch from wildernest to goa is heaven.

Since you mentioned butt sore, I guess aftermarket seats or rideonair sort of extra seat is also an excellent option.

What is the average kmpl you got ?

Your take on the stock tyres ?

Windblast review ?

and finally the Silencer noise was without the db killers ?

Cheers !!
Old 28th March 2016, 18:49   #40
BHPian

Q/a

Thank you all for your interest and comments, I have looked to answer your questions below-

Q.Since you mentioned butt sore, I guess aftermarket seats or rideonair sort of extra seat is also an excellent option.

A. From a rider perspective, the seat is very comfortable, the soreness is unavoidable if you ride long everyday, it was a discomfort only on the 4th day. Although, I'm contemplating increasing the seating width for the pillion, but I want this as addition without messing with the seat- something that can cushion the saddle bags to give more width.

Q. What is the average kmpl you got ?

On the highway, I'm pretty certain I get 30, in the city anywhere between 20/25 depending on the way I ride. I find it real boring to sit and calculate mileage.

Q. Your take on the stock tyres ?

A. Yes, stock, they are awesome for tar, but got to be careful on sand/mud and any surface that looks slippery.

Q.Windblast review ?

A. Depends on the wind . I found it very difficult when I did my first ride alone, but the second ride on the same road was much better. I hope we get a windscreen soon.

Q.Silencer noise was without the db killers ?

A. No alterations made to the silencer, I find it to be noisy enough.

Q. Rear tyre locking up and making the bike unstable?

A. Yes, it does, but that has to do more with riding pattern, if you are more of a back brake user, then you will notice tail spin. I had to change to depending on the front more and life has certainly been pleasurable since then.

Q. The bike is a single cylinder right? Just has twin exhausts.

A. Correct, beautifully crafter twins

Q. I own a Mojo.

A. I agree, the most embarrassing aspect. I refrain from using the name, but that does not stop me looking forward to ride the bike day after day. However, I don't hesitate saying its a Mahindra. If you can let go of what the bike name sounds like- you are in for a surprise. I recommend to ride first and then judge.
SamuraiJack is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:42   #41

I test rode Mahindra Mojo today and man i am impressed, its a great piece of engineering, superb built quality and ride. Probably this will be my next bike
samoka91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 21:29   #42
BHPian

Hello.. how's the bike now?
Old 20th May 2017, 12:17   #43
BHPian

Absolutely no issues, service support has been great.
SamuraiJack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 21:03   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

We had a Mojo behind our car, a week or two back and my friend asked whether it was a BMW! The street presence is HUGE. This guy additionally had a visor added and also had less.

Wanna check whether you had any niggles / problems in the last year of ownership. How much did you cover on the bike?
Old 21st May 2017, 16:07   #45
BHPian

I rented a Mojo for a trip to Gokarna and back, and man this is a sweet ride!

For someone who cycles on a daily basis and rents/borrows Avengers for the occasional trip, the acceleration was insane! I've had my pillion rider nearly fall over backward with his legs in the air when I revved it too hard. Superb handling on highways and ghats.

Since this was a rental bike it came with a speed limit of 100 km/h. Sticking to this limit took all the patience I had on the beautiful NH48. Looks are a stunner too. We drove on the hilly roads of Gokarna in pitch dark and the headlight lights up the road like a floodlight.

It did feel quite heavy in cities though. Had to take a u-turn on a slope and turned out to be the hardest thing ever. (Still being a relative noob and all)

The next time I rented an Avenger, it felt like a toy. I have been spoiled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks