Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2017, 21:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RTR 200 and facelifted Victor launched

Am I the only one feels like the Apache line needs a new branding strategy? I feel like targeting the consumer who primarily wants a commuter bike with slightly more performance on tap, is going no where. Leave that to Bajaj with their Pulsar series. I feel like most of the people who buy an Apache are buying it solely for its handling and performance prowess in the price bracket it is sold in. Why not make handling and performance the top criteria for all Apache bikes and infuse so desire ability into the brand? With TVS's racing experience, I see no reason why they cannot compete with KTM's Duke 200
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 22:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Why not make handling and performance the top criteria for all Apache bikes and infuse so desire ability into the brand? With TVS's racing experience, I see no reason why they cannot compete with KTM's Duke 200
Well said!! In fact TVS had the perfect opportunity with the Apache 200 to compete with the KTM's as the 200cc mill as per TVS reports in the media is capable of going up to about 40bhp. They could have given it a healthier top end, a 6 speed gear box and if not the full 40 bhp, they could have at least bumped the power to about 30bhp. Price it a tad more than what it is currently and it would have been the perfect choice for folks on a budget. But TVS has let that boat sail away. They can mend their ways in the up coming offerings at least.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 22:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Well said!! In fact TVS had the perfect opportunity with the Apache 200 to compete with the KTM's as the 200cc mill as per TVS reports in the media is capable of going up to about 40bhp. They could have given it a healthier top end, a 6 speed gear box and if not the full 40 bhp, they could have at least bumped the power to about 30bhp. Price it a tad more than what it is currently and it would have been the perfect choice for folks on a budget. But TVS has let that boat sail away. They can mend their ways in the up coming offerings at least.
40 bhp would render it unreliable even for race application. I doubt even 30bhp could be reliably harnessed for road usage from a 200cc engine in this class. BUT a better frame, lighter materials and maybe 23-25bhp would have been great
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks