Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 10:04   #46
BHPian

Re: KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390

Can someone please shed some light on following queries;

1. Is RTO passing and registration same process or different?
2. What all things I need while taking delivery of Duke without registration?
3. Is it safe to use the bike without registration?
4. Dealer is saying getting vehicle registration number takes anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks in Pune. However the insurance is already done, I received SMS last night. Which registration number is referred in the insurance documents? or is it a temporary insurance.

The wait to get the delivery of the bike is unbearable
Old 30th March 2016, 15:30   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Post and subsequent replies moved from RE Himalayan thread. Please ensure that you post on the right thread.

A duke 200 modified for Sara kashyap who is participating in the desert storm rally now. Credits to her Facebook page.

KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390-1459331983318.jpg

Now that's what I call an adventure bike.

Last edited by noopster : 2nd April 2016 at 20:15. Reason: Refer mod note inline
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 15:49   #48
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan Test-Ride Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
A duke 200 modified for Sara kashyap
This is a rally prepped bike- more along the lines of the XR250 being run by a Pune competitor in the same rally- an adv bike is like a Versys 650, Tiger 800, HyperStrada or the insane MultiStrada.

And adv bike eats miles immaterial or road condition- and this part, i think the RE guys overlooked.

Its amazing how willing the people are to over look poor quality finish and are willing to accept such nuts, welds, edges- Why could the company not pay attention to detail?

Just in point- If you see Ms Kashyaps bike, and see the modifications- see the neatness of work done, and am sure she would be proud of how the bike runs and how it looks too. Its just attention to detail- to do a job well.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 15:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
A duke 200 modified for Sara kashyap who is participating in the desert storm rally now. Credits to her Facebook page.

Attachment 1492132

The rake on that bike definitely isn't , just like the other enduro mods on some 390 s we've seen. I'm not a fan of the H 's performance but I wouldn't bet my life on such a mod . Dangerous high speed maneuverability over rough patches with the risk of crackin the head stock. The duke frame is a lightweight steel unit that wasn't designed for off road applications
howler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:07   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah well yes it's more Enduro than dual purpose or adventure. I confer. Will still kick the himalayans behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
The duke frame is a lightweight steel unit that wasn't designed for off road applications
If this bike survives the DS, then I think it will do okay with the dirt trails common folk like me will encounter. I am not going to Boulder hop, and full on off-road applications are best left to jeeps, plenty of which I have done. This bike looks brilliant and light enough to explore lovely little trails in the middle of nowhere.

KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390-1459334158275.jpg

This one's sweet. From Indimotard. If ktm doesn't do any adv model by 2018 for India, I know who I am going to.

Last edited by Red Liner : 30th March 2016 at 16:16.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Ah well yes it's more Enduro than dual purpose or adventure. I confer. Will still kick the himalayans behind.

This one's sweet. From Indimotard. If ktm doesn't do any adv model by 2018 for India, I know who I am going to.
I'd exercise some caution I don't think this example fared too well , I had got in touch with them when I first saw this. I was told later by some guys in the know that this one had some issues , I'm open to correction though
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:49   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd exercise some caution I don't think this example fared too well , I had got in touch with them when I first saw this. I was told later by some guys in the know that this one had some issues , I'm open to correction though
Well off topic now, but thanks for the heads up, will check with them too. Have to give it to them for the attempt.
Old 30th March 2016, 17:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup - This one actually hit its underbelly on some rocks and lost all its oil. I remember seeing pics of this bike when it had just been built. It was for some MMA fighter person based in Bombay

But IIRC, at that time the bike had the stock plastic belly pan and not the Al bash plate we see here now. Maybe it would have fared better with one on, who knows
Old 1st April 2016, 09:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Can someone please shed some light on following queries.
Sorry for late reply, I guess you would have already got delivery of Duke. Congratulations.

1. Yes, these 2 are different process. Getting RTO passing done quickly is better, allotting a number takes time depending on work load at RTO.
2. Not valid anymore, but I guess KTM bikes don't demand separate PDI document unlike RE bikes. TBHP PDI is enough.
3. It's safe once RTO passing has been done. Cops generally allow usage upto 500kms without registration number, but it also depends on their whims.
4. Dealer is right, registration number will take 10-15 days. About insurance document, they would be using chassis number anyways. But, interesting to know about it being without registration number. Does insurance company update it with regi. number later & issue updated policy?
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 14:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Sorry for late reply, I guess you would have already got delivery of Duke. Congratulations.

1. Yes, these 2 are different process. Getting RTO passing done quickly is better, allotting a number takes time depending on work load at RTO.
2. Not valid anymore, but I guess KTM bikes don't demand separate PDI document unlike RE bikes. TBHP PDI is enough.
3. It's safe once RTO passing has been done. Cops generally allow usage upto 500kms without registration number, but it also depends on their whims.
4. Dealer is right, registration number will take 10-15 days. About insurance document, they would be using chassis number anyways. But, interesting to know about it being without registration number. Does insurance company update it with regi. number later & issue updated policy?
Thanks but not taken delivery yet. The 4 days govt holiday has delayed the processing
1. Hoping that passing would be complete today. Even if it doesn't happen, tomorrow is the D day
2. Yes, have referred to multiple threads for PDI.
3. Agree.
4. Will get more clarity on Insurance tomorrow.
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:06   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
4. About insurance document, they would be using chassis number anyways. But, interesting to know about it being without registration number. Does insurance company update it with regi. number later & issue updated policy?
Took the delivery yesterday.
It's a mind blowing machine.

In place of the registration number, it's mentioned "New" in the insurance document. Chassis and Engine number is mentioned. SA mentioned that during policy renewal, the registration number would be mentioned.
mp417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 22:48   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Urban_Nomad

Any news on the April launch of the updated dukes in the market?
Old 19th April 2016, 14:12   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery yesterday.
It's a mind blowing machine.
My Duke 200 (MY2016) ownership thread is active. Link

Quote:
Hey Urban_Nomad

Any news on the April launch of the updated dukes in the market?
Which updates you are referring to?
KTM has already launched the MY2016 Duke in February.
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which updates you are referring to?
KTM has already launched the MY2016 Duke in February.
Congrats!

Does yours have the adjustable front brake and clutch levers? I checked with my SA here and he confirmed every single change listed on page 1 of this thread, except the front levers

So, are yours adjustable or fixed ones?
Old 19th April 2016, 16:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Mods - apologies for the back to back posts. Edit window had expired

Checked with yet another service advisor. No adjustable levers. This guy also was aware of every single change listed on page 1, but not the adjustable levers

Looks like this has been omitted. Very disappointed. I was looking fwd to retro fitting these on my bike. Guess the only option now is those rattly Ebay ones

:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks