Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2022, 22:07   #1576
BHPian

re: The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!

Episode 2 | The Adventure Commences | Touchdown Antarctica | Royal Enfield x BBC StoryWorks

amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 09:19   #1577
Team-BHP Support

My clutch cable had seriously deteriorated and so I picked up a new one on my way home.

It costs less than 200 rupees.

The steps for replacing the cable are very beautifully described in this video.

It is in Malayalam but language will not be a barrier in understanding it.

If your cable is older than 2 years, I highly recommend replacing it. Since the entire job is less than 20 mins, any DIY guy will absolutely enjoy doing it.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:46   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Let me be a bit more useless - bright enough that you can see a difference between this & the stock ones. But not bright enough to have an overall significant impact on visibility. I do not recall the lumens and temperature figures.
I installed the same bulbs and yes, after a month of usage I report the same observation. Visibility is not that revolutionary a change from stock bulb but certainly has a better throw and brightness. Nighteye is just too bright and might catch the attention of the cops like the Kerala ones for aux lights.

Quote:
The person claims that the same key is able to start multiple Himalayans. Could the members here please verify and update on the same?
I know Rajesh (Kalki) well, he had accompanied us on a group ride to Dandeli and is not very attention seeking like other youtubers. But the claim is suspect - he says this happened at the showroom with the other bikes of 2022 make. I immediately contacted Srinivas, the GM of Kwality mobikes service centers in kadarenahalli and yelachenahalli- he says the hype had been made up and customer wasn't aware until pointed out. I'm inclined to think this was a small issue quietly resolved by them but not that serious.
100Kmphormore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 09:52   #1579
BHPian

Hey Akk, I am facing the infamous stalling issue on my 2022 BS6 Himalayan. I don't face it in the 5th gear etc. My issue occurs when I'm decelerating and downshifting (I rev match as well), either in the 3rd or second gear when I pull in the clutch towards the lower RPMs, the engine cuts out. This also happened once in the 4th gear when I pulled in the clutch. The RPM needle dips below 1000 and cuts out.

Here's a video link of the problem that I'm facing. This other guy on youtube was facing the same issue too:

You'll find it at 1:28. If any other person here has faced the same issue, I'd request your inputs. Thanks!
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 12:12   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Hey Akk, I am facing the infamous stalling issue on my 2022 BS6 Himalayan. I don't face it in the 5th gear etc. My issue occurs when I'm decelerating and downshifting (I rev match as well), either in the 3rd or second gear when I pull in the clutch towards the lower RPMs, the engine cuts out. This also happened once in the 4th gear when I pulled in the clutch. The RPM needle dips below 1000 and cuts out.
I had written about this in my post number 1213 on this same thread. It seems that RE had issued an update to all of their authorized service centers to resolve this issue.

I was able to find a link of it online. Hopefully it helps

https://indianautosblog.com/bs6-roya...tified-p320775

A quick update on my Himalayan

Completed a ride to Statue of Unity and then onto Daman before circling back to Ahmedabad. It was an impromptu trip; i was bored at home so thought i will ride out and give the Himalayan a bit of a run.
Attached Thumbnails
The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-20230108_120051.jpg  

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-20230107_164045.jpg  

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-20230109_093139.jpg  

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-img20230108wa0005.jpg  

rahul4321 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 18:48   #1581
BHPian

Thank you! I've texted the Service Manager at the Company Owned SVC at BTM Layout. I'll take my bike in for a check this weekend. Your bike looks actually smashing by the way. Looking forward to more content from you!
Old 19th January 2023, 22:25   #1582
BHPian

Bit of a weight loss program on my Himalayan since it's no longer being used for touring purposes -

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-pxl_20230118_151803301.jpg

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-pxl_20230118_151757625.jpg

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-pxl_20230118_151744711.jpg
shyamg28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 13:48   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
!
The issue seems to be sorted to an extent after increasing the "COLD" idle RPM, a wee bit i.e. 100 to 150 RPMs and cleaning the EVAP canister hoses, have kinda sorted these issues on some Himalayan where I live in. Hope it helps.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:09   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
I had written about this in my post number 1213 on this same thread. It seems that RE had issued an update to all of their authorized service centers to resolve this issue.

I was able to find a link of it online. Hopefully it helps

https://indianautosblog.com/bs6-roya...tified-p320775
Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
The issue seems to be sorted to an extent after increasing the "COLD" idle RPM, a wee bit i.e. 100 to 150 RPMs and cleaning the EVAP canister hoses, have kinda sorted these issues on some Himalayan where I live in. Hope it helps.

Cheers!
VJ
I took it to the RE Service Centre at BTM Layout yesterday, and they took it for a spin and told me nothing is wrong. It didn't stall for them probably because the engine wasn't running hot yesterday when they took it. They told me to come back if the problem persists. I wasn't satisfied and took it to Art of Motorcycles. I told Zoheb about the problem and he took it for a test ride, let it idle for a while to get the engine heated up and then found that the issue did turn up. Zoheb told me that there isn't an Idle RPM screw in the BS6 2022 Himalayan and they couldn't adjust it as is mentioned in the article. He said that the most likely cause, as VJ mentioned was the EVAP tube being clogged and cleaned out the tube. He also said that he has made an additional small hole (or enlarged the existing hole, I dont remember now) to ease the pressure a little bit. One the way back home (With the bike running hot), the bike didn't die on me at all when I tried to simulate situations in which the bike stalled on me earlier so it seems to be working. I will use it for a few more days and then update the thread here. Cheers!
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 18:46   #1585
BHPian

Friends,
I had purchased RE-H (I named it Bagheera) in Wk1-Nov22, intro link here :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5435049

Across 2 weekends, I did 2 breakfast rides (one of it was till Hotel Ahura - Mumbai folks will recon), and completed initial ~450 KM, gave for 1st service. Post the service, again did a short ~150 KM trip to ensure all was well.

Then I did a week long Solo trip to Rajasthan (main attractions being Om Banna Temple at Jodhpur, Jaisalmer city, Khuri sand dunes, Tanot Temple, Longewala, Munnabao) in Wk3-Dec'22 covering ~2900 KMs, didn't face any issue. Im yet to compile those videos for my YouTube!!
Upon returning I gave the bike to RE workshop for some minor works (oil change, chain adjustment, air filter cleaning).

RE supplies a (large) folded leaflet "Quick Start Guide" along with bike. I got that leaflet photocopied and scanned.
Attached is the soft copy of that QSG for handy ref, you can store on your mobile.

regards,
Pranav
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RE Himalayan QSG (Nov22).pdf (519.3 KB, 440 views)

Last edited by pcpranav : 30th January 2023 at 18:48.
pcpranav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 13:02   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Out of curiosity, I went ahead and got the Apollo tyres.
Rear - Actigrip R6 120/90 17.
Front - Actigrip F6 90/90 21.
Hi shyamg28! How has your experience with the Apollo tyres been? The rear tyre on my Himmy is due for replacement (the front is only about 50% gone) and I’ve been weighing my options. Also, a rookie question: Would it be a good idea to switch to a different tyre (brand and tread pattern) on the front and rear if I go with the MRF or Apollo at the rear while keeping the stock CEAT at the front? How viable is it to switch from a 120/90 section to a 130/80 section (Yezdi Adv tyre size)?

Appreciate any/all help on this. Thanks in advance!
Old 31st January 2023, 13:45   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Hi shyamg28! How has your experience with the Apollo tyres been? The rear tyre on my Himmy is due for replacement (the front is only about 50% gone) and I’ve been weighing my options. Also, a rookie question: Would it be a good idea to switch to a different tyre (brand and tread pattern) on the front and rear if I go with the MRF or Apollo at the rear while keeping the stock CEAT at the front? How viable is it to switch from a 120/90 section to a 130/80 section (Yezdi Adv tyre size)?

Appreciate any/all help on this. Thanks in advance!
@sunejarahu, I have maybe done 2000kms with them, so I can't comment just yet. But...I've already had a puncture on the rear tyre
Now according to me, punctures are more circumstantial in nature, so I won't go into whether it was because of the poor tyres or a stray nail on the road.
I have had a rear tyre puncture on all 3 sets - CEAT XL Gripp, MRF Mogrip and the Apollo Actigrip.

Grip and longevity wise, I felt that the MRFs were the best. They're also more road focused than the other two. The CEATs are good for rough terrains. I only went for the Apollos because of curiosity.

I was nearing end of life on my first set of CEATs, but the front had about 3000kms left, so I just got the rear replaced with MRFs, finished a trip and then replaced the front. These set of tyres being relatively inexpensive, I might just be happier to replace the pair at once.

I have not attempted going up a size on the Himalayan, so cannot comment on that. However, I did do that on my erstwhile AS200 and all was well. So I don't see why not, provided it fits! If you do proceed, please drop a note on how it went
Old 3rd February 2023, 20:48   #1588
Team-BHP Support

I did a 3500 km ride from Hyderabad to the North Eastern States.

Even rode up all the way to the Nathula pass.
The bike handled it beautifully and the only issue it encountered was the front windscreen getting loose.

The mileage I only checked at the first tank fill and it was around 33kmpl. The worst milage I encountered was the climb to Nathula where it drank almost half a tank for the less than 100 kms.

My friend was on his Interceptor and while I love my Himalayan, the lack of power compared to the Interceptor was a constant niggling problem. Good thing was that he is a prolific smoker and would take more breaks than I needed.

In case you want to read about the trip you can see my https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...g-nathula.html (The Cold : A bike ride of over 3500 kms to the North East including NathuLa) report.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:22   #1589
BHPian

Hey All!

RE Recommends 10k as a replacement period for brake Pads but I doubt that because my rear brake feels like it lacked whatever little bite it had in the first place. How long do you recommend that I run a set of brake pads in terms of kilometres run. Mine are the first set of Brake Pads and I hit 6k Kms this morning.
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:37   #1590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey All!

RE Recommends 10k as a replacement period for brake Pads but I doubt that because my rear brake feels like it lacked whatever little bite it had in the first place. How long do you recommend that I run a set of brake pads in terms of kilometres run. Mine are the first set of Brake Pads and I hit 6k Kms this morning.
I replaced my first set of rear brake pads at 5k. Bad foot placement.

The second set is still going strong at almost 30k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks