Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 21:18   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
If any of you have been following the wonderful lady adventure solo rider Noraly from Netherlands (Youtube Name- Itchy Boots) who bought a Himalayan in Delhi, named the bike Basanti and rode off into the sunset...

Fortunately, her bike has remained in one piece unlike the recent frame episodes!
I must ask the question I asked on the other thread about the recent Himalayan "frame episodes".
Do you know of or have any evidence that these failures were on the recently made motorcycles, or were these all on the first production versions?
I strongly suspect that these, "recent episodes" are showing the first production Himalayan's which did have a problem with the joint at the front of the frame at the headstock.
Anyone having one of these 1st production Himalayan's should ask Royal Enfield to strengthen the problem areas. I'm sure they have a program for doing this. (If they don't, they should because by warrenty they must correct known problems like this and if they don't, they are setting themselves up for a big class action lawsuit.)
ArizonaJim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 18:44   #1067
Senior - BHPian

This is a worth a watch and quite a spot on video, by Hemant.

Describes the anomalies in detail.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 02:02   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I got the same run around in Hyderabad.

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/g...talog/1990208/

Visiting my parents at Chennai and I suddenly decided to call the nearest RE show room and ask.
When they confirmed it's available, I rushed and picked it up within 30 minutes.
I inquired about the same today at Gurgaon Showroom and they had no clue what I was asking for. Considering that the shape and the upper frabic is same as per pic you shared, is it just stiffer foam ? Awaiting feedback

The link you shared above isn't working. So share pic of part# and price on box if possible. Thanks in advance
Old 8th September 2019, 06:04   #1069
BHPian

Hi kunwar,

Please try using
https://catalogue.royalenfield.com/#p=30
I browsed through RE website --> accessories--> catalogue and browse to Himalayan.
Or you can even use this URL
https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/1990208/
Balaji31582 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 08:43   #1070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
I inquired about the same today at Gurgaon Showroom and they had no clue what I was asking for. Considering that the shape and the upper frabic is same as per pic you shared, is it just stiffer foam ? Awaiting feedback
Yes.
It's stiffer foam.
On the old seat it used to feel as if I am sitting on the frame itself. Now it feels like there is an actual seat underneath me.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 12:46   #1071
BHPian

Thanks for the details @Balaji31582 & @bblost . This upgrade is definitely needed. My BS4 July 2018 is at 8500km now and changed to K&N air filter and NGK plug about 100kms back. Decent improvement from filter change, but plug change is good firing improvement. Next upgrade is HID projector in HL. Have worked on it.

Waiting for the OEM connectors which I had to order 5 from Aliexpress as wasn't able to get locally

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...24a04c4dYaojGc

Once I get it, will do the wiring and then work on the Headlight extension bracket due to the inclusion of the waterproof HID projector. Will share once the project is completed
Attached Thumbnails
The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-capture35.jpg  

kunwar.g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 13:35   #1072
Team-BHP Support

Removing the rubber on the foot pegs helps a lot in getting a comfortable position on the seat.

Since its a simple fix, I highly recommend everyone try it out.
The toolkit has the spanner needed to unscrew it.
Old 11th September 2019, 15:22   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Removing the rubber on the foot pegs helps a lot in getting a comfortable position on the seat.

Since its a simple fix, I highly recommend everyone try it out.
The toolkit has the spanner needed to unscrew it.
It also helps during offroad trail drives to have traction on your boots. i do it everytime i head to a trail.
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 16:48   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Hi kunwar,

Please try using
https://catalogue.royalenfield.com/#p=30
I browsed through RE website --> accessories--> catalogue and browse to Himalayan.
Or you can even use this URL
https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/1990208/
The part number mentioned on the catalogue is different from what they have on box and seat. Got the seat today. Did about 20km ride post that. Will need longer to feel the difference. As of now seems they have just added the 3D Mesh tech they are claiming. The foam density is definitely same. Costed 2300.
Attached Thumbnails
The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-1568459908693.jpg  

kunwar.g is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 21:17   #1075
Senior - BHPian

I am considering the Himalayan as a second motorcycle. Planning to use it for light off-road and short touring on country roads. Need a simple & cheaper machine and the Himalayan fits the bill. Its also cheap to insure and fairly easy to maintain without spending $85/hour at a dealership. The 2 year unlimited mileage warranty is also peace of mind.

Assuming there is no major difference in quality and components between the domestic and export versions. Without going through 70 pages, what are the major items I must be aware of? Are there any must check/replace items right out of the showroom?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 26th September 2019 at 21:23.
Old 30th September 2019, 08:41   #1076
BHPian

So I'll be buying a used Himalayan in a few days. It's BS-4, Oct '17 model. The bike has around 2200 kms on the odo. It looks good and rides fine. The guy got the oil changed in July this year.

I was wondering if I should get the oil changed again or should I wait a month or two? Also, anything specific that I need to look at? As I said, a visual inspection pegs the bike to be alright. And it rides fine, no excessive vibes etc.
Old 30th September 2019, 11:51   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
So I'll be buying a used Himalayan in a few days. It's BS-4, Oct '17 model. The bike has around 2200 kms on the odo. It looks good and rides fine.
It would be prudent to understand WHY this person is selling a 2200 km run bike. If the answer to that is believable then it should be a good deal if it rides well and does not seem to have suffered any major accidents.

Cheers
Old 30th September 2019, 12:22   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
It would be prudent to understand WHY this person is selling a 2200 km run bike. If the answer to that is believable then it should be a good deal if it rides well and does not seem to have suffered any major accidents.

Cheers
The guy doesn't ride it enough. I also went through the service record, no accidents. Just routine stuff.
Old 30th September 2019, 13:02   #1079
BHPian

My Himalayan has had only 4000 km on it after 18 months. I'm just not finding the time to go anywhere, and I don't even have a daily commute. I'm also inclined to let go of it, although I keep telling myself I'll find the time.
Old 30th September 2019, 20:29   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Had a blast ripping through some trails a couple of weeks ago with 2 Himalayans for company. Some drama towards the end with one of the Himalayans going turtle in a ravine

Got it all on video too

Urban_Nomad is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks