Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Best 150cc bike in India !!
Honda Unicorn 61 30.65%
Bajaj Pulsar 150 60 30.15%
TVS Apache 47 23.62%
HH Achiever 2 1.01%
HH CBZ Xtreme 29 14.57%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 10:51   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
Anyone tried TVS Apache RTR-Fi?
yeah this is what i am inquiring about...the RTR has been on the road for like 6 months +..but the eFI is nowhere to be seen...
Old 5th March 2008, 11:13   #77
BHPian

My choice - apache RTR. This bike has been getting rave reviews on most auto magazines. like the low profile looks of this bike
Old 5th March 2008, 13:56   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
My choice - apache RTR. This bike has been getting rave reviews on most auto magazines. like the low profile looks of this bike
it would be my choice too..the reviews are good, looks are smashing. But i think the fuel injected version is worth waiting for..and its optional with a back disk..
Old 5th March 2008, 13:59   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
optional with a back disk..
What's a back disk?. Did you mean a rear disk brake?
Old 5th March 2008, 14:20   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What's a back disk?. Did you mean a rear disk brake?
yeah..rear disk brake.
Old 6th March 2008, 02:56   #81
BHPian

tvs apachi rtr 160 all the way best in class
Old 6th March 2008, 12:23   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
tvs apachi rtr 160 all the way best in class
true...but i thought i would hold out for the FI version..anyone know the approx cost?
Old 6th March 2008, 15:23   #83
BHPian

Hiya,

According to the Hindustan Times (HT Cafe, 5th March, Page 15), the cost of the RTR FI should be around approx Rs 63,500 (Ex-showroom)....
Old 7th March 2008, 01:47   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
Hiya,

According to the Hindustan Times (HT Cafe, 5th March, Page 15), the cost of the RTR FI should be around approx Rs 63,500 (Ex-showroom)....

have they already launched it ????
Old 7th March 2008, 11:14   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
Hiya,

pune price? im looking for the price in bangalore..
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:27   #86
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which is the best 150cc bike???

Torn between FZ-fi, CB Hornet 160R and GSX-R Fi.

I would like to buy a 150cc bike to commute. Would primarily want a fuel injected bike which is naked. I know the FZ fits the bill but are others good or lets say, better than FI?

The GSX-R FI has that fairing and is only available with that blue color.
Old 22nd December 2016, 21:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Torn between FZ-fi, CB Hornet 160R and GSX-R Fi.

I would like to buy a 150cc bike to commute. Would primarily want a fuel injected bike which is naked. I know the FZ fits the bill but are others good or lets say, better than FI?

The GSX-R FI has that fairing and is only available with that blue color.
Riding the carb Gixxer for the past 2 months. Not the one with the fairing. Feels its plenty for the city and dont miss the FI for the city run about. Pretty torquey low end and mid range for the city runs. Posture feels better for my height than the FZ that I had earlier owing to the better designed tank on the Gixxer. Very smooth engine and carb tuning from the factory seems spot on! Unless you do not allow the service centers to mess with it, it will be as sprightly and good as the FI bikes in the city.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 21:33   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Riding the carb Gixxer for the past 2 months..
Is the posture more upright than the Apache, Abhinav? How are the gear shifts and braking? I am seriously thinking of trading my RTR 160 for a Gixxer.

A detailed review from you would be great

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 22nd December 2016, 23:00   #89
BHPian

I think you should get the FZ. Gixxer is too overhyped. Sure it looks good and handles well but the engine though grunty, doesn't feel that high tech like the Yamaha's mill. Also, FZ is lighter and handles little better due to it.

Also, Suzuki A.S.S. ain't that good in Bangalore at least.

P.S. I own the gixxer since last 2 years and these are my honest comments.
Old 23rd December 2016, 00:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Is the posture more upright than the Apache, Abhinav? How are the gear shifts and braking? I am seriously thinking of trading my RTR 160 for a Gixxer.
The posture is definitely more upright than the RTR and even the foot pegs though rear set are more comfortable for the B2B city traffic. I have had it for about 1300kms now and all of it is within the city. I have not had any shoulder pain, neck pain or low back pain so far. The front suspension is better than the RTR and you dont feel any shocks transferred to your shoulders.

The gear shifts are well weighted and sure slotting. I am using the single disc brake variant. The front brakes offer good bite and slow down the bike well in time. I seldom use the rear brakes and when I do, they are like any other drum brakes and you cannot rely solely on them.

The tyres offer very good confidence in wet as well as dry and only gravel is the place where you have to be slightly careful. Cornering on my regular office route is a breeze with a few corners that I am well aware of. I can lean at pretty much the same speeds as the RTR in the same corners.

The clutch is pretty light for city traffic and requires very less effort in engaging it which is a boon in city slow moving traffic. Though it is a carb bike, it has always started in one kick in the mornings even on days when it was left unused for 3 days at a stretch.

The main let down that too since you own an RTR is the headlight throw and intensity. Both are lacking a lot when compared to other bikes in the segment. RTR comes with the Fiem reflector which is the best in the business at least locally. The Gixxer ones are not a patch on the Fiem's and leave you wanting for a lot more during intra city rides at night. I am perpetually on high beam at night nowadays. I dont like it but in order to ensure i dont end up in a fatal pot hole, I have to resort to the high beam.

Service costs are pretty much similar to the RTR. My first free service costed around 450/- of which 300/- was the Suzuki recommended Idemitsu oil. Spare parts are about 100 to 200/- cheaper to comparable bikes in the segment as per my talks with the Service Head of Advaith Suzuki.

Happy to answer any other queries that you might have.

EDIT: @The_Brutailer, since you are a long term owner, it would be good if you could explain what you mean by high tech engine like Yamaha? From the specs sheet the FZ has the same engine that it had earlier and makes almost 1.5BHP lesser than the older version while it adds Fuel injection. So I am unsure what is high tech about it.

One more point I forgot to add above: I owned the FZ16 some years ago. While it was a good bike on its own, I found it very difficult to find a good seating position owing to my height. Also the handle, seat, foot peg geometry was certainly screwed up for my particular case. The tank design is probably to be blamed I guess. Add to that, I landed up with a lemon, had to sell it pretty soon. So try the Gixxer and FZ both and get the one on which you feel the most comfortable.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 23rd December 2016 at 00:52.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks