Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 22:46   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yamaha RX100 restoration - From bits & pieces

Mr.Boss, digressing your thread here since this is the current most active RX100 thread.

Where in Bangalore can I get a RD350 handle-bar ? This is for a cousin's RX. A specific shop name will help, since I am not familiar with RX parts.
Old 18th September 2021, 22:39   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Mr.Boss, digressing your thread here since this is the current most active RX100 thread.
NO worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Where in Bangalore can I get a RD350 handle-bar ? This is for a cousin's RX. A specific shop name will help, since I am not familiar with RX parts.
I'm not familiar with B'lore, but one trusted store is Gee Bee Autos (Commercial Street)
https://www.facebook.com/GeeBeeAutoSpares/

Or you can check with Seana Auto Spares (Udupi, you can refer my name)
https://www.instagram.com/seana_auto_spares/?hl=en
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 11:56   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I'm not familiar with B'lore, but one trusted store is Gee Bee Autos (Commercial Street)
Since I had got this ref on a FB page, and also that he is in BLR, I messaged him.

His Q: High torque or low torque. Wasnt aware of this difference for the handle ...

Last edited by condor : 19th September 2021 at 11:58.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 22:11   #94

@Mr.Boss

Fellow Coimbatorian here, and just found your project. Would you please let me know the mechanic name and address you used for this restoration project? I would love to talk to him and see if I can resurrect my 1986 RX -100. Appreciate your help.

Thank you!
Scion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:11   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
Fellow Coimbatorian here, and just found your project. Would you please let me know the mechanic name and address you used for this restoration project?
All my restorations were done when I was in Chennai. I hope you are looking for references in and around Coimbatore, I'm yet to identify a reliable source here.
Old 23rd January 2022, 10:33   #96

I don't know whether it's right to post it here.Moderators please help. My cousin closed his YAMAHA dealership in Davanagere 3years ago and was left with ton of spares .All genuine .He wants to dispose them off. Much of the spares belong to Rx family carrying 36L and 4TL part no.s. I find my fellow brethren finding hard to find spares for Rx family vehicles.I don't want to let these spares go to a greedy spare dealer who wants to exploit the nonavailabilty factor.Enthusiasts can contact me if Teambhp finds it legitimate and doesn't violate the guiding principles of Teambhp.They are for a price as they are not mine.
Old 24th January 2022, 12:53   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviroclan View Post
My cousin closed his YAMAHA dealership in Davanagere 3years ago and was left with ton of spares.
Please let me know how to reach you or your Cousin.
Old 24th January 2022, 13:38   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My cousin closed his YAMAHA dealership in Davanagere 3years ago and was left with ton of spares
Same question here - kindly let us know how to reach out please. Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 13:42   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know whether it's right to post it here.Moderators please help. My cousin closed his YAMAHA dealership in Davanagere 3years ago and was left with ton of spares .All genuine .He wants to dispose them off. Much of the spares belong to Rx family carrying 36L and 4TL part no.s.
Please let us how can we reach either of you.
Thank you.
Old 24th January 2022, 13:58   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Enthusiasts can contact me if Teambhp finds it legitimate and doesn't violate the guiding principles of Teambhp.
Hi, I'll be restoring my RX100 this year, and I'll need a lot of parts. Please let me know how to contact you.
Old 24th January 2022, 19:20   #101

Quote:
I don't know whether it's right to post it here.Moderators please help.
======Enthusiasts can contact me if Teambhp finds it legitimate and doesn't violate the guiding principles of Teambhp.They are for a price as they are not mine.
My mail ID is jagadeeshmh@gmail.com and cotact no. 9980318619. Whatsapp.included.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th January 2022 at 19:34. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Enviroclan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 03:15   #102
BHPian

I currently ride a 27 year old yamaha rx 100 after restoring to original glory .
I have driven it around 2300 kms post the rebuild.
I need a piece of advice regarding the mileage which has stubbornly refused to go above 24kmpl .
The friendly mechanic a true gentleman is blaming the carburetor which is non oem to be the culprit.
Morever ,It has started giving me starting trouble during cold starts in the morning wherein it is splutters and shuts off as if engine is gasping for fuel .Once is engine has acquired the operaing temperature its business usual and it needs a gentle kick to come to life.
Secondly what should be ideal mix ratio of 2t oil .
Old 13th February 2022, 12:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
My mail ID is jagadeeshmh@gmail.com and cotact no. 9980318619. Whatsapp.included.
Can vm26 carb be used in stock rx 100.
Old 28th June 2022, 09:42   #104
KPR
BANNED

Anyone has used spare disc brake setup of Gladiator? I need one complete set to install in my Libero G5.

Last edited by KPR : 28th June 2022 at 09:44.
Old 21st August 2022, 13:26   #105
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
I have recently fulfilled my wish of owning an RX and bought a RX 135 4 speed (year of make - 2000) from one seller. This bike has been through 4 owners and i am the 5th one. I am a noob in 2 strokes.
I purely took the bike on my own risk.
The previous owner had kept the bike only in running condition and i am assuming that he only depended on his mechanic for all the work.
After taking delivery i noticed that the bike is getting choked when giving full throttle (i cannot overtake anyone if i have to).
> Few things i have done on the bike:
> Normal Service with oil change and carburetor cleaning.
> Changed the kick.
> Got the oil pump repaired and running (previous owner was using only premix with fuel).
> Changed all 4 indicators (Swiss Company).
> Changed the RX100 monogram with RX135 (but not original)
> Removed carbon from silencer (by burning) and installed new Flute

Note: The bike is fitted with MICARB carburetor.

Now the bike is running much better. I also went to purchase a 2nd hand used RX135 (part no 4TL01) mikuni original carburetor, but since i had the same issue. I suspect the carburetor had some issue as it had some white marks on the venturi side (suspect it was removed from a water logged bike or must have been stored incorrectly for a long time).

Then i contacted another mechanic and told him my issue and told him to swap my MICARB carburetor with any of his customers original Mikuni carburetor. Please note that this was done only to rule out that my current carburetor is fine or not. When the mechanic removed he carb from my bike, he looked and said the carb is of RX100 and thats why the choking issue.
After he put the orginal mikuni carb and i went for a trial, i could feel the difference immediately. I could not open throttle the bike as it was raining heavily that day and most of the area where i live was water logged, but still i tried to pull the bike uptill 50-60 and it didnt choke at all.

Now currently my dilemma is, should i still keep a lookout for 2nd hand carburetor and try and experiment with them or go for a brand new one. The shop fellow told me he can get a new Mikuni carb, but its not made in japan and will cmoe in original yamaha packing. Kindly let me know if the latest Yamaha parts which are available in the market are genuine and i can go for it blindly.

I am currently at work offshore and this project of carburetor will be done only once i am back home. But before i reach home, i need to make sure that the part is arranged and ready for installation.

I have issues trusting online sites as i have already been cheated by one site **The One Custom ** but the amount was not less than 1000.
Need suggestion of genuine yamaha part suppliers and who will repond if any issue arises.

Future mods planned:
Gladiator Disk Setup
Change rear shock absorbers to Bajaj Platina ones (dual springs).
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RX100 restoration - From bits & pieces-img20220730wa0011.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 restoration - From bits & pieces-img20220730wa0012.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 restoration - From bits & pieces-img20220730wa0013.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 restoration - From bits & pieces-img20220730wa0015.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 restoration - From bits & pieces-img20220730wa0016.jpg  

daredemon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks