Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 14:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25

Japan joined the exclusive stealth jet club with the successful test flight of its first radar-evading aircraft -- a prototype called the X-2.

The test pilot described the flight as "extremely stable," according to manufacturer Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Link

I just relied on the test pilot's opinion and got myself this:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-bike1.jpg

I have been a member of this forum for over 7yrs now and this is my first motorcycle ownership report. I guess that kind of sets the tone for what to expect on this thread.

Basically, I am not a biker by heart:

The Bugatti Chiron still pulls the strings in my heart more than a Kwacker H2 would.

So to keep it crisp and in line with the tradition, I have split this thread into the following sections:

- The Beginning
- The End (Almost)
- The Re-kindling
- The Present

The Beginning

I got my first bike as a birthday gift in 2002 and it was the original "Definitely Male" a.k.a Bajaj Pulsar 150:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-pulsar150.jpg

My dad had sold his bike to buy me this, and this emotion was way stronger than my biking passion. I kept this bike for over 6years and clocked ~40K kms.

Right from my first biking days, I have always altered the cosmetic looks to my liking. So the bike was transformed with 5 spoke alloys, fat rear tire, clip on handles, a free flow exhaust, etc. The whackiest thing that I had done was stick BMW logos over the Bajaj ones, which was such a good fit that it actually looked like no other bike on the road.
I was almost pestered by many motorists regularly to share the details of the showroom I bought the bike from.

The End (Almost)

It was towards the end of 2006 that I was involved in a horrible accident. Though it could have probably been the end of everything, fate was kind enough to let me slip through. Long story short, my leg was shattered and even standing up on my own legs was history, let alone biking.
It took me over 4 months of rehab & recuperation, but that was long enough for me to ditch my biking entirely.

So the bike was sold and that was quite literally the last time I would ride a bike for over 5yrs.

The Re-kindling

The year was 2013 when the office runabouts were proving a bit too cumbersome and costly in a petrol car. I started scouting around for a 2 wheeler, though family were not very convinced.

I have always preferred performance over 'Kitni Deti Hai' factor. But I was still a bit apprehensive about biking and the scary memories of the accident was still vivid. So decided to go with a proven and reliable machine, and bought my first Japanese:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-dsc_3104.jpg

P.S - In all its 4yrs of ownership, I could only manage this and couple more snaps of the bike. So that was 'The Biker' in me !!

One of the primary reasons I bought this bike was for that wide rear tire and its uncanny resemblance to my Pulsar 150 design, that I had envisioned.

The ownership was quite fuss free, until one day I gave this bike to a road-side mech, which quite literally destroyed everything. Since this mistake, there were issues with the throttle, clutch, brakes etc. Considering the fact that my wife also uses the bike for short runabouts, this was getting quite bad. So decided to get the issues sorted and sell the bike.

The Present

Irony of the FZ16 was the it was one of the most sort after bikes in the 'Used Bikes' market. Considering the fact that I had not clocked more than 20K kms in over 4yrs, the bike was sold in just a week.

Now that I was a bit more confident and way less scared of the nightmare accident, I wanted to look at a baseline of 200cc+ and a price bracket of max 2 lakhs.
So I started shortlisting my favourites:

Honda CBR 250R

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-cbr250r.jpg

Love

- Proper quarter litre stance
- Only fully faired 250cc bike in this price range
- One of the most reliable engines
- Designed for the open roads
- I am sucker for an analogue & digital combo meter console

Loathe

- At 1.95 Lakhs OTR for non-ABS, it is insanely overpriced
- Though I can live with the dated looks, the USP is fast diminishing with the new launches
- Lethargic and almost "Take it or Leave it" attitude of the showroom folks
- Meter console was good, but not interesting
- Apparently, quite expensive after sales

Benelli TNT 25

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-tnt-25.jpg

Love

- One of the best looking quarter litre street fighter on sale in India today
- If CBR 250R had a good meter console, this thing just had the best
- Pretty comfortable riding posture that was confirmed by my wife as well
- Chunky tires (150 rear) is just as good as the segment leader (KTM)
- Feels quite peppy and sounds pretty sweet too

Loathe

- At 2.05 Lakhs OTR for non-standard, it is a bit steep
- Because of the first point here, it did not quite pull the string for me
- Very short (every 3.5K kms) service intervals and apparently quite expensive as well
- This Italian seemed like the Korean (Hyundai) to me, offered everything but did not excel in anything

Bajaj Pulsar RS 200

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-pulsar-rs.jpg

Love

- THE BEST looking Bajaj on sale today
- Comfortable and upright seating position
- Light and flickable
- Funky meter console, backlit switches, dual projectors, triple spark plug, etc
- Pretty good sounding note and brilliantly refined engine

Loathe

- At 1.45 Lakhs OTR for non-ABS, it is just <20K cheaper than the Dominar 400
- Loads of defects, most of which were related to quality and manufacturing
- What Swifts are to cars, Pulsars are to bikes...just too many on road !!
- Even if you buy the ABS version, it is a single channel one at ~1.60 lakhs OTR Bangalore
- Wife did not even want to get on the saddle

Bajaj Dominar 400

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-dominor.png

Love

- The most powerful Bajaj ever in India and probably "The Bullet Killer"
- Power cruising and how
- Forget the first in segment, this bike was the first in the country to have all LED headlights
- Bassy and refined engine growl
- Dual channel ABS on offer
- Chunky tires (150 rear) is the widest by Bajaj yet!!

Loathe

- Loads of manufacturing defects and quality reported by owners
- Bajaj seems to be under-quoting the kerb weight. This damn thing seems to weigh as much as a 600cc bike
- If you are looking at this bike for the first time, never approach it from the rear. It looks pathetic and probably worse than some of its lesser siblings
- Waiting period of about 2 weeks

Reading the reviews and the TDs only added more confusion to my purchase. I had to go back to the drawing board and list out my priorities correctly. And this was what I came up with:

- Would I be touring on this bike? - NO

- Should I buy a fast bike which only warrants investing on all the safety gear? - No

- Would I use it for my highway runs? - Noways dude, got the GT for that.

- Should I even ponder over putting in so much moolah on a machine that will not even run 5k Kms in year? - Nah

With all these bikes crossed out, I was back to square one, but the need for a 2 wheeler was very high. I did not want to jump the queue and take a hasty decision.
Almost like God sent, the news of Yamaha's quarter litre bike started floating around and I was watching.

The price was a shocker !!

Yamaha FZ25
Ex Showroom - INR 1,21,624
Insurance - INR 3,238
RTO & other charges - INR 19,223

Final OTR (Bangalore) - INR 1,44,935 Lakhs

This was cheaper than the 200cc bikes from Bajaj. But only the ones who were part of the launch event actually got to see the bike in flesh. Even after a month of its launch, none of the dealers in Bangalore had even a display bike.

During this time, KTM surprised everybody by launching the Duke 250.

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-duke-250.jpg

Even the most ardent critic cannot complain about the looks of this Austrian machine. Everything about it just looks sharp and sexy. The icing on the cake was that the KTM showroom on the Langford road had the display bike within a few days of its launch. The moment I saw the bike in flesh, I booked one in the White shade and was assured a delivery within a month.

Love

- One of the most powerful quarter litre bikes on sale
- Just like its siblings, nothing else on sale gives you the BHP per Buck like this
- Evolved seating position and a lot more humane saddle
- Bassy and 'so not like any other KTM' kind of engine sound
- Encyclopaedia integrated into the console
- Slipper clutch, chunky tires, bigger better seats, black rims, 14L tank...seemed like I myself had designed the bike!!

Loathe

- The saddle was a bit high and I could not put both my heels down. For reference, I am 6 feet
- The waiting period was uncertain, though the projected time was a month
- I am being finicky here, but the price of 2.08 Lakhs OTR was a bit over my budget

Now that I had booked the D250, the waiting was killing my daily chores more than my patience. I could not use my GT for short runabouts and the need for a 2 wheeler was now.
The waiting period was actually a blessing in disguise as I got to re-think on my priority, which was not to go berserk with the bike purchase. At INR 2,07 lakhs, the Duke 250 slowly started making no sense to me.

One of the following weekends of my D250 booking, me and wifey visited the Yamaha showroom (Perfect Riders) on Lalbagh road, and were quite surprised to see the FZ25 display bike. It was the proverbial Love at First Sight sorts, and the feeling resonated from my wifey as well.
The moment the SA cranked the engine, I was sold and I am not even close to exaggerating here, but I swiped my card as part of advance payment!!
The dampener was that I was informed a waiting period of a month at least, which was an absolute NO NO for me.

Just when all hopes were lost, I somehow got hold of the MD of Perfect Riders, Sabina. She is one of the most courteous and professional people I have spoken to, and was patient enough to listen to my ordeal. She promised me that if make the full payment/maximum downpayment, she can get me a bike in couple of days flat. It was a DEAL!!

I made a full payment on 3 March '17 and one of the first FZ25 was delivered on 6 March '17.

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-bike3.jpg

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-bike4.jpg

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-bike5.jpg

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-bike6.jpg

So coming to my Japanese X-2, the things I...

Love

- Looks bigger than what the specs actually indicate
- One of the best sounding engines from the Japanese stable
- A mix of comfortable & sporty riding position
- Healthy torque available from low revs
- All LED headlights, very light weight, flickable, stable and deceptively quick
- Big 14L tank and quite a healthy mileage
- Low saddle height that is almost a replica of the FZ16/S. Particularly appreciated by Wife

Loathe

- The gearing/gear ratios somehow feel eerily similar to the regular FZ16/S. Have had instances where I felt the need of the 6 cog !!
- I know the bike is still in its running in, but I have to really struggle to find N at times
- The seat is not the softest around, and all it takes is a B2B rush hour for my posterior to start hurting
- Though Yamaha boasts about the first all LED headlight, it is not half as good as the one on Dominar. This Bajaj can actually dominate Day & Night
- The headlight remains turned ON if you turn Off the engine using the Kill Switch. You have to switch OFF the ignition entirely to turn OFF the headlight.

Who must buy the FZ25?

At the time of writing this report, my X-2 has clocked in ~700 kms, and before I get blown away for this sort of usage, let me clarify that this is ONLY to get past the run-in period.
I have heard/read many reporters and reviewers emphasise the fact that this bike is for mature riders. I think every bike rider must have the maturity to respect the machine as unlike the relatively safer car, very little can come to your aid(protection) during a mishap.

The FZ25 is probably not going to set your pulse racing like the Duke/RC, but in good hands, this can give any 250cc a run for its money.
Even if you consider various favourable factors that influence the Powerdrift to post a sub 9s timing for 0-100, it feels great to know that this bike is one of the most affordable performance machines on sale in India today. With an added brownies of Blue Core Technology that gives mind boggling FE and one of the most reliable Japanese engines, very little can go wrong with this machine. Also, I cannot emphasise enough on the fact that this bike actually looks bigger than its segment and sounds great as well.

So is this like THE BEST THERE IS?? Nope, not quite!!

To begin with, the seats are wide and quite good, but the cushioning could have been much better. If you are the kinds who would want to tour on this bike, please ensure you add some soft elements, else you may have to take frequent breaks. One more factor that may limit the touring ability is the cruise-ability. The gearing is not tall and the 5th clog feels too short at times.

Stopping Power
Yamaha have thankfully equipped this bike with dual discs and they do their job quite well. The feel from the front discs are quite similar to the lesser FZs albeit a bit more biting power, while the rear one is more softer and predictable.

Tyres
FZ25 comes shod with MRF Zappers that is identical to the lesser FZs. In fact, the first tyre is identical to the FZ16/2.0 at 100/80- 17M/C 52P.
The rear tire however, gets a higher speed rating and a slightly bigger wall:

FZ16/2.0 - 140/60- 17M/C 63P
FZ25 - 140/70- 17M/C 66S

Tyres are quite grippy and though I would have liked a bit more wider rubber, this is quite manageable for the city runs. The grip levels are satisfactory, but I have not taken it out on any highway runs or on wet surfaces, so cannot comment on the same.

Does it Get hot?
Yamaha have equipped the FZ25 with a mix of Oil cooling and air cooling, which works very well. However, if you are the kind who would commute during the peak B2B rush hour, you will definitely feel the heat of the 250cc mill on your inner thighs. But it is by no means uncomfortable.

Riding Posture
The ones graduating from the FZ16/2.0 will feel at home, and probably a bit more comfortable I may add. The huge fuel tank actually makes you bend ever so slightly, but not as much as say a CBR 250R. I have not experience of touring on this bike and would reserve my view on a long ride comfort.

Final Thought
This makes much more of a learning bike for folks willing to venture into the bigger capacity bikes eventually.

One of the USP of FZ25 is the segment first (probably ONLY) all LED headlight. Honestly, if you end up buying this bike, you are bound to have a snob value of this feature, BUT ONLY UNTIL a dude in Dominar 400 passes by!!

Some shots of the beam in dark:

Low Beam

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-led2.jpg

High Beam

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-ledhigh.jpg

In case you guys missed it, yep that small bump in the beam is the HIGH BEAM

- LED tail lights looks sweet

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-ledtail.jpg

However, it is not all bad with this cheapest quarter litre bike though.

Japanese thoughtful elements:

- Since this is a BS-1V compliant bike, the headlight switch is not available and the moment you crank the engine, it lights up. I just love the way this cluster has been designed:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-switch.jpg

In comparison, the other bikes usually get a wide blank spot here:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-r15.jpg

- The core of the matter

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-bluecore.jpg

- And the significance of the above technology

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-avgfe.jpg

- If the fuel level drops really low, the 'Distance to Empty' starts flashing. This only comes up during such an instance:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-low.jpg

P.S - This is an image of the the R3 console, but the indication on the FZ25 is an exact replica.

- The 'Pass/Flash' switch is unique and personally much easier to use than the conventionally placed ones.

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-switchpass.jpg

- 2 trip meters on offer is great.

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-trip1.jpg

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-trip2.jpg

Ironically, my GT TDI has only one.

- Pillion seat is designed very well. Though it appears elevated, the pillion site fairly straight, thereby reducing fatigue and improving comfort.

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-pillionseat.jpg

- Comes with a Center stand, probably the ONLY 250cc to offer this(?)

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-centrestand.jpg

- A nice drain hole for any water that seeps into the cowl:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-groove.jpg

I always customise my Bike/Car, and it is always very minimalistic as I hate loud/jazzy changes.
So here are few things that I have changed for now:

- Got rid of the tire hugger:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-rear_view.jpg

The flip side of this is that the saree guard had to go off as well.

Since Yamaha offered the Headlights/Taillights as LEDs, I took the liberty of changing the rest of the bulbs to LEDs as well.

- LED Pilot lamp in the dark

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-pilot2.jpg

- LED Pilot lamp during the day

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-pilot1.jpg

- I have changed the blinkers to LED as well and will post a video of the same in the next post as I have run out of the images limit.

Signing Off:

I am not a biker at heart and probably my updates will be few & far between. There are hard core bike experts on the forum and their inputs/suggestions/advises may be much more valuable for the beginners.

For all my highway runabouts, I can never think of anything other than my Red Devil

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-dsc_3632.jpg

So would I recommend this bike to others?

YES - As long as you understand and respect the whole purpose of this bike. It not going to set you pulse racing like some of its competitors, but surely it will please you with the refinement and predictable power delivery.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2017 at 12:18. Reason: Changing "Dominor" to "Dominar", as that is the correct spelling :)
Vik0728 is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 11:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25

The Competition

Yamaha is universally regarded as one of the most trusted & reliable motorsport brand. So when they launched the much awaited FZ25, they stirred a Giant Hornets nest by pricing it below some of the smaller capacity engines.

However, they could have easily priced it a bit more premium and offered some more of the modern bits such as 6 Gears, proper liquid cooling, 4 valves, more informative console, and so on.

Here is how this Japanese Street Fighter stacks up against some of the segment's best:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-screen-shot-20170411-2.01.54-pm.png

In the above comparison, I have highlighted the best in the segment in Blue shade, while I have retained the red highlight for the limitations of the FZ25. It is very clear from this comparison the secret behind the conservative pricing by Yamaha. In fact, much of the parts/specs such as the rear mono shocks, tyres, gearbox, front disc, etc are just a Copy-Paste job from the lesser FZs which is a complete non-sense i believe.

It is all the more obvious when you realise that there is NO ABS even as an option here.

IMHO Yamaha should have launched FZ3 (?) and should have borrowed more components from the bigger R3. This could have greatly reduced the R3 pricing and made it a bit more believable, in comparison to the mighty RC 390. Engine sharing and part sharing would have really worked wonders I guess.

This way they could have nailed 2 targets with on shot:

- Duke 390 customers would have taken a keen interest in the FZ3
- RC 390 customers may have considered the R3 with a reduced price tag

So is it too little too late for Yamaha? Well, i think they have actually gone for the mass market and are targeting the 200cc customers here, rather than its immediate competition.

So if you look at the chart in that perspective, things seem to look up for the FZ25:

My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25-screen-shot-20170411-2.25.41-pm.png

- I have no clue what the marketing team at TVS were smoking when they launched the RTR 200V FI campaign over a year back, as there is not a single one on sale since.

- The KTM Duke 200 seems dated now even with a refreshed painted scheme.

- The NS200 has had a reincarnation and it looks much smarter and arguably the only real competition to the FZ25 here. My first bike was a Bajaj and I was fine with the quality of parts & service during my 6yrs ownership. But many believe that the quality has deteriorated in the last decade or so.

So where does that leave the FZ25?

- Is it the best in quality of parts and service?
To an extent it is one of the good ones, but I would not term it the best out there. In fact, I think Benelli/Kawasaki still do it much better when it comes to putting a machine together.

- It is a better buy than any of the other segment options?
Not really!! It is a good offering and the 250cc has been renowned for its reliability globally, but in today's competitive market, performance plays an important aspect. The game was upped to all new level with the KTM bikes and has become the benchmark. FZ25 is a great buy, but it will not keep a speed junky happy for very long for sure.

- Is it a VFM then?
Too early to comment on this since I have not even had the first service. Will reserve my opinion on this for now.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2017 at 11:41. Reason: D200 = Duke 200 :)
Vik0728 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 10:25   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My White Japanese X-2 : The Yamaha FZ25

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorcycle Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Many congratulations on the purchase. FZ 25 in white looks stunning.

The topic about the headlamp beam, did you check with the service guys if the beam throw can be adjusted (more parallel to the road)? In my opinion it feels focused too near to the vehicle.
vidyasagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 15:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yours is the first ownership report of the Fz25.
Expecting one such thread from Sheel Bhai as well.

The Fz25 is the real all rounder in it's category. It is one of those bikes, which does everything well.

Just like you said, not everyone wants mad power delivery and outright acceleration.
This feels like a perfect stepping stone for people who were very content with smooth unicorns and never upgraded because they never found such calm in anything else.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 15:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post

Many congratulations on the purchase. FZ 25 in white looks stunning.

The topic about the headlamp beam, did you check with the service guys if the beam throw can be adjusted (more parallel to the road)? In my opinion it feels focused too near to the vehicle.
Thank you vidyasagar.

It is quite weird to be honest. When I was finalising the purchase of my GT TDI in 2014, I wanted white badly but had to settle for Red as there were no stocks of the white left.
And here I had to settle for White when I actually wanted a Red colour, as Yamaha never thought of offering the Red shade on FZ25!!

The headlight beam actually is not totally bad and the spread is really great to a large extent. I wanted to capture the beam on a wall and hence that picture.

As I have posted above, the LED brightness must have been just as much as the ones that Dominar 400 offers, as that is in a different league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post

Yours is the first ownership report of the Fz25.

This feels like a perfect stepping stone for people who were very content with smooth unicorns and never upgraded because they never found such calm in anything else.
Thank you abhishek and couldn't possibly agree with you.

FZ25 does not really do anything very wrong to be fair here, but its just that there is no "XING", "WOAH", "HOLY-COW",... sort of factors/moments it offers.

Then again, Yamaha may well quote the price as an excuse for not offering all these.

IMO they must have offered these and priced it at about 40-50K more and then we would have had a True Blue Blood (Core) bike

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2017 at 12:18. Reason: Same as previous edit.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 15:20   #7
BHPian

Good review mate. I am in a similar dilemma. Four things stopping me from taking the plunge to FZ25 are the seats, power delivery compared to Pulsar 220 (This is my current ride), built quality (loads of plastic is a recipe for rattling noises) and fuel efficiency.

I do not ride a lot and want something reliable/worthy compared to the Pulsar 220.
Old 12th April 2017, 15:45   #8

Excellent review Vik
Completely agree with all the good and the bad you have pointed out.

In addition I would like to add, the quality of plastics used at certain places are questionable, like beneath the seat, black cowls next to pillion seat, rear number plate holder, all flex too easily, only time will tell about their durability.

I still ride my 15 years old RX which is in top condition, so high hopes on Yamaha

Since I'm yet to receive my manual, I want to know what does 3rd or 4th mode on console shows (I think it's just before avg. fuel consumption), I always see this blank.

Enough power, refinement, comfort, easy going and looks best describe this bike which is exactly what I needed.

Did you also receive first aid and tool kit during delivery? I still haven't.

Last edited by skyliner34 : 12th April 2017 at 15:48.
skyliner34 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 16:44   #9
BHPian

Congratulations and a Nice review.

Hope you were not serious about skimping on the gear when you said "- Should I buy a fast bike which only warrants investing on all the safety gear? - No" and have actually invested in a adequate cover.

Have fun, ride safe, All The Gear All The Time....
Old 12th April 2017, 17:55   #10
BHPian

Congratulations, Vik!! FZ25 looks killer in that white shade!

I have been hearing a lot of rave reviews about the exhaust note, including you. Would you mind trying to shoot a video (probably?) to capture the exhaust note and share it with the folks here?

I tried checking it out on YouTube but did not find anything as exciting as the feedback we have been hearing/reading across the web.

Ride safe, mate! Cheers!
R-Six
Old 12th April 2017, 18:22   #11
BHPian

Many congratulations on your recent acquisition. Just like you, I too started with the 'Definitely Male' bike Pulsar 180 and then moved on to a Japanese (Honda). But somehow the craze and feeling of my first bike was never carried forward to the second.

Poring through all these new bike ownership threads has sort of rekindled the old biker fan in myself and I constantly see myself evaluating all new launches with the possibility of owning one.

Not sure if you mentioned anywhere, but does your bike come with ABS? Is it single channel or dual channel. And what about the service? Is it still at 2k intervals? Any indicative costs?
Old 12th April 2017, 18:58   #12
BHPian

You got a long life mate. Just 2 -3 hours back, i quoted your post on other thread and than deleted the post thinking about your promised ownership thread & here is the promised thread.

For Headlights, you need to use adjustment screw for better long throw in high beam. It is there towards right or left side of headlight assemble & can be adjusted via a simple Philips head screw driver. still that does not solve the problem of not having a wide throw. IMO it is a pointed throw in high beam. Did you try exploring After market lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Not sure if you mentioned anywhere, but does your bike come with ABS? Is it single channel or dual channel. And what about the service? Is it still at 2k intervals? Any indicative costs?
Taking liberty in answering your Questions -
  • does your bike come with ABS? No. It is a non ABS.
  • Is it single channel or dual channel. Non ABS as wrote above.
  • what about the service? Is it still at 2k intervals? - First service at 1000 KM;s. rest all to follow at 5000 KM;s standard or 6 months I think .
  • Any indicative costs? - Not sure yet but looking at other forums, it is being reported as less than 1000Rs .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 12th April 2017 at 19:02.
.sushilkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 19:09   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
Since I'm yet to receive my manual, I want to know what does 3rd or 4th mode on console shows (I think it's just before avg. fuel consumption), I always see this blank.
Just realized it's real time fuel economy display hence it's always blank when not in motion.
Old 12th April 2017, 19:58   #14
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride Vik0728. It looks butch without that tire hugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I have changed the blinkers to LED as well and will post a video of the same in the next post as I have run out of the images limit.
Even I am also planning to change the blinkers to the LED ones, your inputs would be helpful. What do you think about the dual horn?
Old 12th April 2017, 21:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post

Good review mate. I am in a similar dilemma. Four things stopping me from taking the plunge to FZ25 are the seats, power delivery compared to Pulsar 220 (This is my current ride), built quality (loads of plastic is a recipe for rattling noises) and fuel efficiency.

I do not ride a lot and want something reliable/worthy compared to the Pulsar 220.
Thank you Pratzgh1.

I have not actually tried my hand with a P220 so I wouldn't want to comment on that buddy. Regarding the build quality, Yamaha have deliberately kept the weight down by adding loads of plastics, many (if not most) of which appear quite low grade. But I can assure you that these have been put together quite well and I have not noticed any "Rattling" issues as such.

Upgrade from a P220? Well, I think you must consider the KTM 250/TNT25/Mojo. If performance is your quest, FZ25 may not be your salvation.

Quote:

Did you also receive first aid and tool kit during delivery? I still haven't.
Frankly bro, I actually don't remember these stuff. But I will do a double check and update this thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Congratulations, Vik!! FZ25 looks killer in that white shade!

I tried checking it out on YouTube but did not find anything as exciting as the feedback we have been hearing/reading across the web.

Ride safe, mate! Cheers!
R-Six
Thank you R-Six.

I have actually recorded a video of the LED beam in action along with the LED indicators that I have swapped. I will post it soon on the thread and record the exhaust note and post it here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

You got a long life mate. Just 2 -3 hours back, i quoted your post on other thread and than deleted the post thinking about your promised ownership thread & here is the promised thread.

For Headlights, IMO it is a pointed throw in high beam. Did you try exploring After market lights.
Thank you Sushil

As I have mentioned many times on the thread, my FZ25 MAY NEVER see a highway tarmac anytime soon, and even if it does, surely it will be an early morning or bright sunlight.

So the OEM beam is quite manageable within the city and the spread is really good on badly lit roads. Since the Dominar 400 came much before the FZ25, I think we were really expecting the 'All LED' lights to be just as good, but in comparison this just fades.

On its own however, it is quite decent.

Quote:
Just realized it's real time fuel economy display hence it's always blank when not in motion.
I was wondering if you were confused with the 2 trip meters there, as you mentioned you saw 2 empty displays there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post

Congratulations on the new ride Vik0728. It looks butch without that tire hugger!
What do you think about the dual horn?
Thank you 337699gsd.

Though I would have loved to see a 150 profile rubber, I have to convince myself to the fact that the bigger R3 also gets the same rubber!!

The horn is one thing which I want to get rid of, though I don't use it that often. I am planning to get this swapped next month along with adding the switch for the hazard lights.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2017 at 12:19.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks