Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 11:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing in India

Revealed completely by Rushlane. This has be the worst Yamaha design in India till date.

https://www.rushlane.com/yamaha-faze...-12242747.html

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-img20170730wa0009.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-img20170730wa0013.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-img20170730wa0010.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 11:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
This has be the worst Yamaha design in India till date.
+100 CrAzY dRiVeR

Considering some of the light weight parts that Yamaha has used on the FZ25 to keep the weight down, I can only imagine the material the fairings could be made of.

IMO, Yamaha should to retained the old Fazer design, and swapped only the low beam with the LED, which must have made this a lot more desirable "Faired" quarter litre.

With this iteration, Fazer 25 is now the Fully Flared quarter litre bike!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 12:29   #18
rbp
BHPian

The fairing reminds me of the one below, Ray ZR. Yamaha seems to have even beaten the Bajaj RS200 as far as ugliness is concerned

rbp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 13:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Revealed completely by Rushlane. This has be the worst Yamaha design in India till date.
I still cant get away with the sick feeling I got seeing the color scheme. Ray suddenly went and sat into the fairing, the gold fairing. huh.

I wont hesitate to say, this is plain ugly to my eyes.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 14:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

This has potential to be moved to the Weird & wacky thread. What a horrendous design ! A scooter like front fairing, gawdy colour scheme and a really awkward design.

I don't understand why the cheaper Fazer 150 gets far better styling with dual headlamps while the more expensive Fazer 25 gets a horrible design and headlamps carried forward from the naked FZ25 to keep costs low.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 15:15   #21
BHPian

Hideous. This has surpassed the new level of wackiness. This is as funny as the 125cc bug eyed Fazer if not more. Considering the response the motorcycle is getting, it would make sense for them to get back to the drawing board, and re-do the front. Wishlist as below,

1. A wider set of twin headlamp. Halogens would be fine considering the illumination provided by the current set LED's.
2. Increase the length of the windscreen. This one seems to be just a cm higher than the handle bars. A joke for a tourer.
3. ABS

Everything else is perfect. I have tried to visualise how the bike would look with those modifications.

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-fazerw.jpg
Old 31st July 2017, 18:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol, this looks like the Deadpool Edition Fazer 250!

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-20161025_n_nerdistnews_deadpool2director_1x1.jpg

Suddenly the Pulsar RS200 doesn't look all that bad

I'm sure the "dhoom machale" crowd would still pick this bike up in decent numbers, considering that the RS200 sold reasonably well despite its poor design philosophy.

As someone else also mentioned in this thread, they should stick to the old Fazer 160 design and give it some oomph by providing it with an all LED headlamp setup and a few minor design updates. The older Fazer 160 design was already too big (design-wise) a bike for its engine size.
praful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 21:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Lol, this looks like the Deadpool Edition Fazer 250!
More like a wannabe Iron Man with that red and gold theme. It looks hideous in my opinion. We knew they would share the parts bin with the FZ25 but did they actually keep the same headlight unit and put a fairing around it? Sad to see that this bike will be sharing showroom space with beauties like the FZ16 and the R15 V2.
Old 31st July 2017, 22:56   #24
BHPian

Cant believe a company like Yamaha can design anything so bad, I mean what are their designers thinking ? This looks like underpaid designer's revenge. I have seen 100 CCs with Hayabusa like bodies, and this reminds me of just that.

I am sure they are trying to woo the Indian customer who likes super sporty looks on a bike but have failed miserably here.
Old 1st August 2017, 06:33   #25
BHPian

Wow! How did Yamaha manage to mess it up so badly on design? From some of the most beautiful fairings on their 150cc offerings to this. I was really hoping for something along the lines of 150cc Fazer.

The fairing shape and design looks like it was inspired by Pulsar RS200, but what works for Pulsar's target audience is probably not going to work for Yamaha loyalists.
Old 1st August 2017, 12:03   #26
BHPian

From the front, it looks more like a scooter than a fully faired quarter litre motorcycle.

I owned a Fazer previously, and was drooling over its looks when I saw it every time. Can't say the same for this design.
Thirugnnanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 12:06   #27
BHPian

Am I the only one who thinks this is unique and not outright ugly. I believe the road presence would be amazing and if the same headlight keeps the price in check, why not! I do agree that the leaked images look a bit weird in that colour scheme. But, I think it would look amazing in dark grey and black. Heck, even white would look amazing. I would wait to see this motorcycle in person and then take a call on how it looks.

If the price is as sweet as the FZ 25, this would be an amazing choice for people who want a faired motorcycle in a budget with sufficient performance. In fact, I think the design is uniquely Yamaha. Reminds me of VMax from front.
Old 1st August 2017, 16:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this is unique and not outright ugly.
In fact, I think the design is uniquely Yamaha. Reminds me of VMax from front.
No you are not I think the design looks good and we might get a better picture when seen in flesh. I like full-fairing bikes and the difference they make when riding on highways in windy conditions cannot be explained. Hope this one is wind tunnel tested as well (like Suzuki Gixxer SF)

I did not like the color combination, red-golden Yamaha ? That is not Iron man, but a cheap Chinese toy combo ! The black-grey one looks mature.

Also, I hope they make the headlamp more powerful and have better throw for high beam, it is the only thing I did not like about FZ250.
Old 1st August 2017, 16:37   #29
BANNED

Wow! More plastic, perfect recipe for the Indian market. With the FZ25 I was sceptic but this straightens things out.

Though from a road presence point of view this is definitely a killer, I just hope the fairing offers better performance rather than just aesthetics.
Old 1st August 2017, 16:42   #30
BHPian

Although previous Fazer150 was decidedly better at the front, I think the pics posted are from closer and higher than the bike itself adding to the strange look.

These bikes also miss out on the rearview mirrors. I am of the opinion this is not a great design but certainly we will need to see more pics to make a decision.

I agree with Ninja hope the lamps are functionally good as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks