Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Honda scooter spotted testing. EDIT: It's the Grazia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Dont get swayed by the looks etc...go purely by performance first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Better performance for what? Traffic light gp? Or track days? Or canyon carving?

Lets focus on the use case of these scooters. Grocery shopping or office commutes on pathetic roads.

I did, and am very happy with the jupiter. The grazia was horrid in every department.
Performance not necessarily mean in racing terms. When you compare both, the engine is, a little bit eager, a little less stressed, and its obvious because it has a little bit more in engine department.
Jupiter is indeed a really all round product. I recommend it to anyone looking for a new scooter. The main plus point being ride quality. I've had experience of most TVS scooter, right from Pep to Jupiter, adding up thousands of kilometers. So, I know a thing or two about them. The only thing you have to keep in mind is, rigorously follow maintenance schedule. Otherwise it may show on your engine. Honda's a little less brutal in this department.
Old 12th October 2019, 15:45   #47
BHPian

After having used the Honda Dio for approximately 4 years I thought the Grazia would be the best option for an upgrade. So I sold my Honda Dio and bought the Grazia in 2018 which was the first year of their launch without taking a test ride. After having owned the Grazia for a year now I feel that the Honda Dio was a better built scooter in comparison to the Honda stable. I had not had a single issue with the Dio in the four years that I had used it. The only change was a a new battery after 3 years. The Honda Dio had really well fitted body panels, the scooter just felt solid in all aspects.
Now coming to the Honda Grazia , the first issue was the brake levers which are horribly loose and rattle on every bump, sometimes I feel they will fall off. During the 1st service I had informed the service advisor of the problem but he mentioned that this is how it is supposed to be.
The next issue is the starting up the bike. I know that all scooters or bikes have this issue but on a brand new scooter which was just a few months old, one fine day it just refused to start. Though after each service the problem goes away but then magically reappears.
The body panels are not well fitted on the Grazia and seems loose in some areas when you do a thumb press. Don’t get me wrong the Grazia is a phenomenal looker for a scooter with an excellent engine which is really peppy and sharp.
I also had a fuel leak a couple of months ago which obviously was rectified at during the scheduled service.
The recent issue that I had with the Grazia is that the self start just would not work. The service advisor mentioned that the battery was dead and offered to replace it for free within 15 working days. He mentioned that this was a Tata battery and this particular battery had this issue. Surprisingly for Honda not to take this up seriously. So instead of a replacement and waiting for 15 days and riding the scooter without a battery I decided to just buy a new battery of a different make rather than wait for 15 days.
Another thing to mention is the pathetic service Honda service centre’s where issues are never addressed properly , they take more bikes than they can handle. The bikes are never cleaned properly on delivery after each service.
This is all for now. I will update this thread soon.
raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 15:52   #48
BHPian

Have been plagued with the startup issue with my Grazia which i bought on launch. Changed battery, starter etc but only works for a day or two when in comes from service center. Have to manually kick start it every time. Is there a light switch on grazia? I have never been able to find one and the low beam always stays on. Don't know if it affects the battery or not.

Should have bought Activa 4G instead.
Old 12th October 2019, 20:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Have been plagued with the startup issue with my Grazia which i bought on launch. Changed battery, starter etc but only works for a day or two when in comes from service center. Have to manually kick start it every time.
Most common cause in auto scooters from Kinetic Honda days is the vacuum hole getting blocked in the intake pipe. I hope the service center looked into that possibility. Such a scooter will have trouble starting with the self motor but will start normally after some 6-8 'heavy' kicks. Activa 4G (or any scoot with auto fuel cock) is prone to this problem.

Quote:
Is there a light switch on grazia? I have never been able to find one and the low beam always stays on.

No, AHO.

Quote:
Low beam always stays on. Don't know if it affects the battery or not.

According to Shop Manual, even in Activa 110cc with 35W halogen, around 13.5-13.6V is available to charge the battery with the engine around 5000 RPM and headlight on highbeam. Most of us use the scooter weekly or biweekly and for extra short runs, that might not charge the battery sufficiently.
Old 12th October 2019, 23:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Should have bought Activa 4G instead.
You will not believe this, I was at the service center today and a brand new Honda Activa 4g which was barely 2 months old refused to start. It did not even start with the kick start. The owner was in disbelief while the service advisors were trying to get the engine to life. It was shocking to see this happen. It seems the Tata battery is not fit for bikes or scooters with Day time running lights. It’s high time Honda checks this issue and improves the quality of the their products in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks