Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2019, 20:25   #16
BHPian

Re: 2019 Yamaha R3 unveiled

Being a Current Gen R3 user, like all, the headlight looks far better in the current gen than the 2019 version. I bought the R3 in Dec only, after looking at the 2019 version as I did not like the looks of the 2019. I would rather live with the current gen than the 2019.

Somehow Yamaha is hell bend to kill the R3 in India. Sales have been pathetic and so has been the availability of bikes. I just hope Yamaha sees this opportunity to do what Kawasaki has done and reduce the pricing of the R3 drastically. It sure is a better bike to ride with both low end and very good high end torque. I can say that I am in love with the current gen R3. My daily commute to office.
Old 6th February 2019, 08:28   #17
Team-BHP Support

2019 Yamaha R3 as a city commuter - evaluated by MC Commute -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 01:27   #18
BHPian

Sale numbers for R3 for month of May & June 19 is zero. Looks like 2019 model is not far from launch. But will Yamaha go for localization and price reduction.... is yet to be seen. Ninja 300 has got the new life after bringing the cost down. And if Yamaha considers it as a competition, than they need to follow. I believe R3 has all the capabilities to win.
Old 27th July 2019, 01:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Sale numbers for R3 for month of May & June 19 is zero. Looks like 2019 model is not far from launch. But will Yamaha go for localization and price reduction.... is yet to be seen. Ninja 300 has got the new life after bringing the cost down. And if Yamaha considers it as a competition, than they need to follow. I believe R3 has all the capabilities to win.
The R3 initial purchase price is higher than the Ninja 300 but more than makes up for the spare parts prices. It is cheaper to maintain the R3 by a decent margin.

However, Yamaha can still consider reducing the price and garner more numbers if it really wants to.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 21:36   #20
BHPian

A new retro styled bike based on the R3.

Souce: IAB

https://indianautosblog.com/a-retro-...pening-p318156
Old 14th August 2019, 06:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishkamm View Post
A new retro styled bike based on the R3.

Souce: IAB
This news can be taken with a pinch of salt. The below news is of the same bike and it was published in January 2017 and the bike was supposed to be launched later that year. IAB just dig some old rumors and revised the timelines probably because they are running out of news.
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-xsr300/27191/

In other news, a baby version of the same is supposed to come out in 2 days per many news channels.
https://autoportal.com/news/new-yama...ust-16012.html

On topic, the new Yamaha call of the blue ad campaign has all the bikes from YZF R1 to scooters, but its missing the R3. That perhaps shows that the current version is no longer on sale in India(even though the sites shows the bike). I tried calling couple of dealers in Bangalore and they said to book and wait for at least a couple of months because even they haven't got the bike nor any news from Yamaha Motor India. Some Kerala dealers though have one or two bikes in their yard which is 2019 manufactured. I don't think Indonesia(from where the CKD kits come) is going to make the old R3 just for India when the world has moved on to the new version. My only doubt is whether Yamaha India is busy making a conventional fork setup to reduce the prices or locally manufacturing some components, especially after Ninja 300 has hit it out of the park with its pricing.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 14th August 2019 at 06:56.
Old 14th August 2019, 12:05   #22
BHPian

Yamaha has been busy playing around with its 150cc engines & introduced multiple variants. But not many experiments with this 300cc. I hope Yamaha is doing so and it would be great to see an India variant priced below 3L range.

For 2019 R3 in India, I think they would finally release only the BS6 model else they will have to revise again before April 2020. The other news anyways says that Yamaha BS6 are slotted for Nov 2019.

Lets see if they do plan for some localisation and price reduction. Last time they introduced ABS and better tyres, price increased by ~30k. Now to reduce the prices, they can only revert the tyres and do some basic body changes (plastic/fibre etc). I wonder what else can help in reducing prices (unless the profit margins are pretty high)?
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 03:09   #23
BHPian

Want inputs from experts.
How good is it to go for a pre-owned R3 which is without ABS and extremely well maintained. Is there bigger advantage in ABS model compared to non-ABS one?
Old 7th September 2019, 07:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
How good is it to go for a pre-owned R3 which is without ABS and extremely well maintained. Is there bigger advantage in ABS model compared to non-ABS one?
ABS all the way. You never know when you will need it( hope to god u wont) but it'll be a life saver
Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 12:56   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In this day and age it's extremely important that you ABS, roads are full of idiots and is only getting worse. Any electronic aid that can help you along with your own driving skills is a boon.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 12:20   #26

Dear All, does anyone have any idea about the actual launch date of the new 2019 BS6 R3?
I read a zig wheels post about a possible launch on 19th Dec, but nothing was announced that day.
I am very keen to know the final pricing strategy that Yamaha India does, and the product tweaks it does to achieve that pricing.
This is a gem of an engine which gets a lot of things right, and in my humble opinion, if priced right, can make it the undisputed leader of this category of bikes!
Old 24th December 2019, 14:19   #27
BHPian

The 2019 R3 isn't Euro 5 complaint, which translates it to not being BS6 compliant.
Very unlikely that they'll bring it here.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 12:54   #28

Saw a recent tweet by power drift saying that the current R3 will be discontinued post 31st March 2020, as its not BS6 compliant. May enter again in 2021.
I find it very disappointing that there is new news about the new 2019 R3 coming to India, and that the current one will be discontinued.
Does Yamaha India expect interested consumers to either invest in the current one or wait for a whole year hoping that an updated version will be relaunched?
Just wondering!!
Old 29th December 2019, 19:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automoti-vated View Post
Saw a recent tweet by power drift saying that the current R3 will be discontinued post 31st March 2020, as its not BS6 compliant. May enter again in 2021.
I find it very disappointing that there is new news about the new 2019 R3 coming to India, and that the current one will be discontinued!
I own a Ninja 300 & I’ve heard news even 300 is going off the charts post implementation of BS6 as Kawa has no intentions of introducing BS6 engine for a bike that’s not sold internationally now, which is very much disappointing me as well. I only hope they bring in something that bridges the gap.

On the other hand, I am surprised Yamaha is taking their own sweet time as always to cater to indian market. But, looks like they are not threatened at all because their contender Kawasaki won’t be around with N300. Therefore, they might take a relaxing time off from 300cc segment until next year, for whatever lame reason that could be for.

One thing is, I have never seen Yamaha being too active with their performance based higher CC bikes to be introduced in India at all. They’re quite comfortable playing with FZ, MT & R15’s around. It doesn’t suit them! Hope they wake up and get the new gen R3 out here soon.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 09:24   #30

Amen to that Gururaj!
I have been seeing videos of YouTube by Knots Rider, I feel he captures the essence of the R3 very well.
I hope Yamaha India is following this thread and takes good calls for India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks