Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2018, 20:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rajiv Bajaj says the Discover 100cc was the biggest mistake of his career

Ah, so my guess was right! What are the chances Regarding Kawasaki bikes, I had the KB100 RTZ from 1991 to 2004. Maintained throughout by Suresh at AutoAssembly. Sold it in immaculate condition for 6K (It was like brand new). But it was such a pain to maintain. I have spent a fortune on parts alone. Caliber was a good bike and very reliable. I know, since many of my friends use it, till date. Hoodibaba bike, they call it!
So AutoAssembly will service Honda scooters? I know where I'm going to take my Activa. We should catch up, buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
My mechanic was Giridhar

Last edited by Sebring : 19th December 2018 at 21:05.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 20:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
TVS.

Bajaj products do not age well. A two year old Bajaj offering will look and feel like a ten year old Honda or Yamaha, and will be less reliable than them too. What sells in the commuter market is the "fill it, shut it, forget it" kind.

We can generally go to the spare parts shop and buy a spare for two wheelers, but not for Bajaj. One will have to dismantle the part and take it to the shop to get an exact match. There are so many variants.
I beg to differ on the first part. My Pulsar 150DTSi has to still fail me after about 100k kms. Yes the finish of parts may not be top notch but my bike has been fill it and forget it types.

I agree on the second part that you have to dismantle the whole thing and take it to the shop and find an exact match.
Old 20th December 2018, 13:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
I eagerly await the day when Mr. Bajaj regrets:

(2) Launching Pulsars below 150cc (and diluting the Pulsar brand)

That one did not happen. The Pulsar 135 did not affect the other Pulsars (150 cc and plus)

In fact currently the Pulsar 135 has been discontinued and no longer there in the Bajaj Lineup
Old 20th December 2018, 13:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Discover series initially had good number of takers, but quality was just terrible. When taking the mighty splendor head-on they should have paid attention to quality, but they decided to play the VFM card and messed up.

Our market's future is surely 150+cc bikes, Bajaj needs to replace the ageing pulsar range and hope for more volumes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks