Team-BHP - Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon launched at Rs. 64,000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon launched at Rs. 64,000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/212063-bajaj-pulsar-125-neon-launched-rs-64-000-a.html)

According to media reports, Bajaj is likely to launch a 125cc version of the Pulsar in the coming months. The NS 125 that is sold in international markets was expected to be offered in India, however that does not seem to be the case.

Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon launched at Rs. 64,000-pulsar-neon.jpg

It is believed that Bajaj may have taken the decision to introduce a smaller capacity Pulsar, since 150cc bikes have become more expensive in recent times. The rise in prices can be attributed to safety regulations that mandate ABS on these bikes. On the other hand, 125cc bikes are only required to have combined braking systems, which are comparatively less expensive. Besides, prices are expected to go up further once the BS-VI regulations come into effect.

Reports suggest that the Pulsar 125 might look similar to the Pulsar 150 Neon and could get a single seat instead of a split seat design. It is expected to be powered by a 125cc engine similar to the one on the NS 125, which is a 124.45cc, single-cylinder unit that puts out 11.8 BHP and 10.7 Nm of torque and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.

Source: NDTV

Link to Team-BHP News

125, 135, 150, 160, 180, RS200, NS200, 220F... that's not an arithmetic progression. That is the Pulsar line up for you. Pulsar is the next Discover.

Refer to this excellent post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4472920

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4619244)
It is believed that Bajaj may have taken the decision to introduce a smaller capacity Pulsar...

Hmmm...Bajaj doesn't need a reason to introduce. Being a Bajaj is enough. :D

Sorry, but couldn't resist posting this.

I remember Bajaj PR once saying that their strategy was to split bikes into three brands: Platina for bikes <125 cc, Discover < 150cc and Pulsar for 150cc and above. Looks like they themselves haven't stuck to their words. A little disappointing actually.

A brand usually should move upwards, like Pulsar series moving up the ladder with 160ns, 200ns in terms of power or tech offered, but this step appears retrograde, especially if they are plonking a commuter engine from the Discover. It would be a different story if they did something like KTM's 125 cc bikes.

I cant understand the concept of selling so many Pulsars with slight engine capacity variations. I can understand the difference between the Pulsar 150cc and 220cc but 150 vs 125cc ? I'm confused. Is the mileage different or a easier way to introduce a mildy different product using 70% existing parts and launching a " new" bike, targeting customers. A layman may choose a newly launched bike when compared to a similar one in existance for the past few years. What do you feel ?

End 2018 -

Quote:

Rajiv Bajaj says the Discover 100cc was the biggest mistake of his career
Quote:

“Greed came in. Marketing people said if the 125-cc Discover sells so much then how many would a 100-cc Discover sell? We went ahead and made the 100-cc Discover. We lost our position and five years later we lost our performance too..."
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...is-career.html

Mid 2019 -

KTM 125 range introduced to cash in on the brand image of the 200 & 390 twins (With good initial success too, though long term brand impact remains to be seen). Now Pulsar goes to 125cc. Whatever happened to learning from mistakes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4619489)

I would say the biggest mistake of Bajaj is exiting scooter market. If one were to go by interview on economic times yesterday, looks like Bajaj is also going to miss the EV train.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...bajaj/70167216

It looks like the fresh out of college MBA hires are at the helm of product strategy in Bajaj again. I look forward to the imminent launches of the
- Pulsar 100 that will be followed by the
- Discover 180,
- V20,
- Dominar 150,
- Avenger 125 and
- CT390

Oh wait, I better confess that this post is made tongue in cheek, lest one of the above mentioned new hires stumbles upon my post and uses it as a business case to launch all the above.

How the mighty have fallen.

Whoever understands & explains logic behind engine variants of Bajaj bikes should be honoured with a Doctorate by Chancellor err Chairman of Bajaj Auto.

Bajaj sales team needs to remember more numbers than stock market experts lol: Imagine the logistics nightmare when a part from Discover 139.55cc needs replacement.

Bajaj is going with the KTM route for Duke range similarly bajaj wants to position their flagship Pulsar range across engines, pulsar 100,125,180,220.
Rather then this their previous range of platina100,discover125,pulsar 150,180,220 and cruiser range of 180 and 220cc was doing good for them.Making market all the more confused with their lineup.

I think that I can understand the Issue for Bajaj here.

With ABS norms kicking in Bajaj would soon have the relegate its Top position that the Pulsar 150 currently occupies in terms of pricing. Unless of course it wants to continue to sell at a loss.

The VFM "NEON" variants are a stop gap arrangement according to me. And that's why the Pulsar 125 could fill the Gap in terms of pricing. Does anybody realize that the Pulsar 150 NEON is the cheapest 150 cc in the country that comes with ABS?

>> The Pulsar 150 NEON (with Single Channel ABS) has a price tag of Rs 67K INR

>> The Next Cheapest variant is the normal Pulsar 150 (with Single Channel ABS) at 77K INR

>> The Next one is the CB Unicron 150 (with Single Channel ABS) at 80K

Obviously the NEON 150 is a model that doesnt make much money. FYI the best selling 125 cc, the Honda Shine 125 comes at 60K INR... therefore a Pulsar 125 at around 65K INR could make economic / business sense.

What about Branding and diluting the Pulsar 150 brand?

Well it certainly is tricky and even risky to be experimenting with the brand / model that re-built Bajaj i.e the Pulsar 150.

A Pulsar 125 that looks identical to the current Pulsar 150 could kill the Pulsar brand in the way the Discover 100 killed the once promising Discover 125..

But then again the Pulsar 150 is getting the Pulsar 180's clothes.. so a Pulsar 125 that looks like the current Pulsar 150 "NEON" variant could make sense.. also according to me the Pulsar 135 did not make much impact as it looked different. Ie. Did not get accepted as a Pulsar because of its looks (the Pulsar 135 was a lively performer with much better handing than the Original Pulsars).

.. and also if KTM can sell the 125 Duke /RC125 then is a Pulsar 125 worth the gamble?

Also I forgot to mention BSIV norms that are coming in 2020 Apr will only push the prices further up.

So I guess the rumored Pulsar 125 that looks like the current (Original) 150 might not be a bad idea after all from a business point of view

Its here:

The Pulsar 125 has been seen in Showrooms before its official launch

Source: Zigwheels

Interestingly Rajiv Bajaj has quoted in an interview as Discover 100 being his biggest career blunder.

Will the Pulsar 125 Repeat History or Create History?

Videos of the Pulsar 125 in showrooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?edufil...&v=WaThJAnxUEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?edufil...&v=UxsSTap59Wo

I seriously do not get what Bajaj is trying to do here?? In the last 19 years we have seen Pulsar 180, Pulsar 150, Pulsar 200, Pulsar 135, Pulsar 220, Pulsar 200 NS, 160NS, Pulsar 200 RS and now Pulsar 125. And all the design permutations-combinations possible on the above. Now even the Pulsar 200 NS and Pulsar 200 RS have become old and dated.
In terms of product life-cycle, anyway the "Pulsar" brand is on the fag end of its life.

If Bajaj wants to milk the brand Pulsar even more, it's time to do some ground up R&D and come up with something fresh instead of 10-25cc variations and sticker jobs!
A 125 cc pulsar will only dilute the brand further more which was already diluted after Pulsar 135LS.

Pulsar brand is being diluted and we have a Boxer 150 now! What do these guys smoke at Bajaj?

They need to overhaul their Product strategy and branding/ Marketing teams.

Even with the Dominar, they totally lost the plot on positioning with their stupid Not for babies/ Dominate the night campaign and then further scored own goal with the stupid jibes on Royal Enfield.
Now no one knows where the Dominar stands in terms of product positioning.

Same mess has been created with the Avenger, so many engine variations and just cosmetic and sticker changes in the name of an "upgrade".

Hope better sense prevails and we see some good launches from Bajaj soon.