Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2019, 13:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995

A new teaser released by TVS Motors suggests that the company is planning to launch a facelift version of the NTorq scooter.

TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-2020tvsntorqfaceliftteased.jpg

The teaser reveals the scooter's new headlamp, which consists of an LED setup instead of halogens and a T-shaped LED daytime running light. The front fairing of the scooter also appears to have red decals.

Reports suggest that the NTorq facelift might also come with a revised instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity and features like GPS and caller ID.

At present, the TVS NTorq is powered by a 124.5cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 9.25 BHP @ 7,500 rpm and 10.5 Nm @ 5,500 rpm. It is expected to be upgraded to comply with BS-VI emission norms.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 16:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TVS NTorq facelift teaser out

Interesting, that is a very quick upgrade in looks department as well. This scooter has one of the best sounding exhaust, i hope that does not change with BS6 compliance.
Old 18th September 2019, 19:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

LED headlights were the only thing missing in this dynamic scooter. Hope the unique sound and pick up remains the same. Exciting things to come!
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 20:04   #4
BHPian

I hope the LED lights are good enough. Have a feeling that many existing owners will get it retrofitted if it's a plug and play modification.

I don't see a need as such for TVS to give the Ntorq a facelift barely a year since launch.
Old 18th September 2019, 20:11   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
I hope the LED lights are good enough. Have a feeling that many existing owners will get it retrofitted if it's a plug and play modification.

I don't see a need as such for TVS to give the Ntorq a facelift barely a year since launch.
This was the first thought that came across my mind. But the shape and mount might not match and wiring for sure would be different.

An upgrade coming quite fast. An FI version would make it better and the cold start issue would also be taken care of.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 21:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
LED headlights were the only thing missing in this dynamic scooter. Hope the unique sound and pick up remains the same. Exciting things to come!
ABS as well.
That's the only thing holding me to buy one.
Old 19th September 2019, 09:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
An upgrade coming quite fast. An FI version would make it better and the cold start issue would also be taken care of.

BSVI engines probably will get "Fi".. so we might bet to see Splendors, Activas and even the XL 100 Moped with Fi by April 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
ABS as well.
That's the only thing holding me to buy one.

Don't see that happening till the rule makes it mandatory..

Safety Concerns among consumers? Come on be realistic. Our consumers HATE to put helmets unless they have to shell put huge fines.

Last edited by payeng : 19th September 2019 at 09:56.
Old 19th September 2019, 10:04   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

It’s a superb ‘almost’ fully rounded scooter. Only if they could ‘Fi’ it would be great. For emissions and the for FE which is now really bad.
Old 19th September 2019, 14:19   #9
BHPian

It's apparently just a race edition with a new headlamp and graphics
porsche_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 14:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995

TVS has launched the NTorq 125 Race Edition priced at Rs. 62,995 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-ntorq-race1.jpg

The Ntorq 125 Race Edition comes with a new LED headlamp with a T-shaped LED daytime running light as well as a hazard light. It is available in a new triple-tone colour scheme of black, red and silver with new decals.

TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995-ntorq-race2.jpg

The NTorq 125 Race Edition is powered by a 124.79cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 9.27 BHP @ 7,500 rpm and 10.5 Nm @ 5,500 rpm. The scooter rides on 12-inch alloy wheels and has a 220 mm disc brake at the front and a 130 mm drum brake at the rear.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 15:20   #11
BHPian

Re: TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition launched at Rs. 62,995

I seriously can't understand this strategy of TVS. Make an important update to an existing model and launch it as a special edition first selling alongside the existing variants, instead of refreshing all variants. They did the same with Jupiter, not once but twice. First, the Grande edition was launched in 2 variants with an all new speedo, LED headlights, adjustable rear suspension etc in addition to the usual cosmetic stuff that they add for a special edition. Few months later, they added Bluetooth to the new console and a new color and voila, another new Grande edition was born.

Isn't it so much better to just update the entire lineup with these features at first, which I'm sure they will eventually do.
BigBrad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 19:26   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Isn't it so much better to just update the entire lineup with these features at first, which I'm sure they will eventually do.
I believe the idea is to serve the wide price range. The Jupiter is available from 72xxx to 82xxx with a price range covering 10k with a lot of variants. It can get confusing for the customer as some variant is not available in a particular color or a particular color not available in a particular variant. Same with the disc brakes optional variants. Unnecessary confusion created. Instead it should have been all variants getting all option even if the price spread is 12k instead of 10k.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 20:27   #13
BHPian

NTorq is kind of all-rounder in looks, performance and gizmos which appeal to a lot of youngsters. That LED headlight is a welcome addition. To make it look like a complete package, TVS, please add "FI".

I still remember following an NTorq on initial days of launch just to have a look at it and hear it's exhaust note. But the lady riding it felt as if I was looking at her (I swear I was not). Of course, I apologized to her and cleared it off at the traffic signal halt.
vijayshouree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 05:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

This launch was just to clear BS4 stocks, by adding a LED headlight and stickers. When is the BS6 NTORQ coming?
Old 21st September 2019, 09:15   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
It’s a superb ‘almost’ fully rounded scooter. Only if they could ‘Fi’ it would be great. For emissions and the for FE which is now really bad.
Agree. One of my neighbor sold his NTorq within 6 months due to the engine starting trouble. His was mainly weekend usage and the service folk also washed their hands off saying a daily usage is required for a trouble free morning start. FI might solve this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks