Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2020, 07:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 250. Edit: Launched at 1.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
I saw a video claiming Svartpilen has 13.5 ltr fuel tank and Vitpilen has 9.5 ltr. Can you please recheck?
Both have the same tank capacity at 9.5 liters. The specs on their website also lists the same.
itisravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
Both have the same tank capacity at 9.5 liters. The specs on their website also lists the same.
Yes it is 9.5 liters indeed. The youtube video creator (Dino's vault) has provided the correction in comments section, which I missed.
Old 23rd March 2020, 10:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
I saw a video claiming Svartpilen has 13.5 ltr fuel tank and Vitpilen has 9.5 ltr. Can you please recheck? If it is true, Svartpilen should have an excellent tank range. Any thoughts on seat comfort?
Its 9.5 litres only! while i couldnt do the test ride, seat seems to be surprisingly comfortable...even pillion should be able to ride for couple of hours without stopping for a break.. will check once the test ride vehicle is available
IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 15:56   #49
BHPian

No reviews of these beauties by any of the well known media houses yet?
dezpo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 15:20   #50
BHPian

Happened to drop into my neighbourhood KTM dealership and noticed a Vitpilen on display.

Initial thoughts for me
- Looks like nothing in our market right now (CB300r comes close but currently not available)
- It's tall with a very aggressive stance (Think of it as an RC without the fairing)
- A bit intimidating. Once astride you see nothing of the bike in your line of sight. The only thing that greets your vision is a tiny circular console and it looks like it's floating in air. The feeling is eerie and hard to describe. It's like you are getting ready to perform a trapeze or high wire act or getting ready to jump off a cliff. I have a feeling people with vertigo or fear of heights might have a problem ( just my unfounded opinion).
- Elicited a tingly feeling down my spine just sitting on it.(Good sign)

Who this bike might appeal to(my opinion)

- Someone looking for a neo retro cafe racer
- Someone looking for a city scratcher and also stand out from the crowd
- Someone not interested in the numbers game and just needs a nimble bike to hoon around in and look cool without a fairing ( the hipster crowd)

I have no clue how the bike rides or handles but I strongly suspect it will be a hoot to ride in the city, B roads and ghats. Anyway the current situation has rendered highway riding for leisure not possible and the only way to scratch that riding itch is to use a motorcycle in the city for essential activities. Now this got me thinking and I'm on the fence between the Vitpilen or the R15. I'm curious to know if I will go down this path at all.

And oh! I hope no one in my family is reading this. If they get an inkling that I'm even contemplating another motorcycle there will be hell to pay for.

Last edited by deepfreak15 : 6th June 2020 at 15:49.
deepfreak15 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 11:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 250 reviews

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 22:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

I’m sure Svartpilen with high rise handlebars are going to be stunt favorites for sure, because of its agility and short wheelbase.

Unconventional styling - for sure a unique spot on the road

Regards

RV
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 12:56   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Low ground clearance seems to be an issue based on real world feedback. As I said before, for the Indian market, KTM were better off doing the opposite of what they did - they should have launched the Adv 250 and Husky 401 twins.
Old 17th August 2020, 13:12   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Low ground clearance seems to be an issue based on real world feedback. As I said before, for the Indian market, KTM were better off doing the opposite of what they did - they should have launched the Adv 250 and Husky 401 twins.
Both of those will come. Husky 401 are already built and exported from here. The 250 adventure is due this Diwali or thereabouts. The Husky 250's were built to extract a price advantage and not make people baulk at the pricing with the Husky brand launch. Plus the 250's are a nice mellow engine, good to bring new buyers into the KTM family.

A husky 401 adventure would be very interesting from a styling angle.
Old 17th August 2020, 13:57   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Both of those will come. Husky 401 are already built and exported from here. The 250 adventure is due this Diwali or thereabouts. The Husky 250's were built to extract a price advantage and not make people baulk at the pricing with the Husky brand launch. Plus the 250's are a nice mellow engine, good to bring new buyers into the KTM family.

A husky 401 adventure would be very interesting from a styling angle.
The Adventure 390, as good a bike as it is, has turned off many a buyer with it's high sticker price and what is perceived to be further straying away of the value for money tag by KTM. But a Husky 401 priced Rs 30-35K (ballpark numbers given the Rs 23K price drop with the 250) below the Duke 390, would have been a runaway success for people who want the goodness of the 390 platform without the squidy image and at a wallet friendly price point. Monday arm chair management musings from my side.

Anyways back to the Husky 250s, the combination of sky high seating and low ground clearance arent the best combination for us Indians. Lets see how the market reacts to these bikes. The price point is certainly very attractive.
Old 17th August 2020, 14:11   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Adventure 390, as good a bike as it is, has turned off many a buyer with it's high sticker price and what is perceived to be further straying away of the value for money tag by KTM. But a Husky 401 priced Rs 30-35K (ballpark numbers given the Rs 23K price drop with the 250) below the Duke 390, would have been a runaway success for people who want the goodness of the 390 platform without the squidy image and at a wallet friendly price point. Monday arm chair management musings from my side.

Anyways back to the Husky 250s, the combination of sky high seating and low ground clearance arent the best combination for us Indians. Lets see how the market reacts to these bikes. The price point is certainly very attractive.
Are the husky 250's cheaper than the Duke 250? I haven't bothered to check. I sat on the husky and found the seat height quite low. And a very very light bike to manage as well. Just felt extremely compact and tight as a package. And that Husky 401 will come like i said... Its not like they will never launch it. They probably have a product map and will follow that timeline.
Old 15th October 2020, 13:26   #57
BHPian

If this Bikedheko news turns true, Bajaj is about to give a 200cc Husqvarna!! Hope they don't plonk 125cc mill too in future

https://www.bikedekho.com/news/break...eline-revealed
Old 12th July 2021, 18:19   #58
BHPian

Hi,
I would like to share my 2 paisa about the Husqvarna Svartpilen which recently a month back a friend of mine a non T-BHP’an bought. He was out in the market looking for motorcycle in the budget of 3L. After all the research I had almost convinced him to hop on the ADV bandwagon either the baby GS or the KTM 390 Adventure.
One weekend when the lockdown restrictions were relaxed a bit and the showrooms were allowed to open we visited the KTM/ Husqvarna store and this guy rather than looking at the Adventure went gaga over the Husq. I for one was stumped. I could not understand this guy! What the actual hell is he looking at. First impressions of the bike did not catch my liking.
Now this guy liked the Svartpilen so much that he booked it immediately and took the delivery within the next 2 days.

I had a chance to ride the bike for a good week during the time he’s owned it.
The bike is rev happy for sure! Once the RPM crossed 5k it’s a hoot. I’m for one not a fan of the exhaust note. Maybe I riding the interceptor have no chance of liking a single cylinder note.
The ergos are top notch if the whole and sole purpose of the owner is urban riding. Decentish fuel economy. Yaa need to look at that as petrol doesn’t come cheap these days. The footpeg positioning is a bit weird to my liking. I did not have any issue with the seat height as some might have mentioned. The tyres provided by MRF are decently adequate for city riding as well as light off roading. Someone said that you can do good saddling on the motorcycle. Even though I being short I found it hard to grip the tank while saddling. Need a pair of risers for sure. It’s hard to find accessories for this motorcycle. Maybe I’m again spoilt as there’s plethora of customization options out there for the interceptor! Lastly I don’t want to say this but the rear looks like an elder brother of the Honda Navi! Did anyone not notice that!
Attaching some pics from last weekends ride to Igatpuri a decent 100km one way ride from Mumbai.
Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 250. Edit: Launched at 1.8 lakh-342e0a48b7794df0b0a19cab2552e839.jpeg

Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 250. Edit: Launched at 1.8 lakh-9a104f674f1542bfa619e7861ab5ffc3.jpeg
BikeDevil44 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 17:36   #59
BHPian

Today saw the actual bike and thanks to its unique design, it does stand out from the crowd (of regular bikes). It’s a head turner for sure.
One question did come to my mind, what was their strategy/logic behind the complicated naming for the bikes?
Husqvarna wasn’t enough to pronounce, they named Vitpilen and Svartpilen!!!
Company should start offering discount who ever pronounce it right
Old 30th August 2022, 18:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

The Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 will soon be available in a new Blue Moon shade, replacing the current grey colour.

Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 250. Edit: Launched at 1.8 lakh-20220830_182521.jpg

Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 250. Edit: Launched at 1.8 lakh-20220830_182523.jpg

Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 250. Edit: Launched at 1.8 lakh-20220830_182525.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks