Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 21:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Time to upgrade? Advice from TVS Apache RR 310 owners needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
I'm guessing you mean the hard routing for the throttle cable is getting in the way. See if you can rotate the switch housing as well. Alternatively, you can try moving the master cylinder clamp inwards along the handlebar to get more room to rotate the lever. See if that helps.
I tried rotating the switch housing but could not. I asked the SVC to do it and they said they cannot either. Baffles me that something as basic as this is such a pain to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
As a first batch RR310 owner, I can confirm that this issue has been there right since the start. They've made so much progress in ironing out most of the issues, but sadly they couldn't fix this one yet.
I've had similar heart in mouth moments as you mentioned, a few in bumper to bumper traffic and a few in the parking lots as well.
This has been apparently 'addressed' during multiple service sessions, but it crops up again everytime. I've stopped raising this issue and am just more careful since then.
Do you get a similar readout on the console as seen in the image below, if you happened to notice by any chance?

Attachment 2258196
Another RR310 on the WhatsApp group has the same issue. His bike has run only 1500km. I was hoping this issue would go away as I pile on the km, but your post has killed that hope for me!

Your console readout is better than mine, honestly. In mine, it shows as "N". If it showed blank, I would be happier! Now, I cannot trust the bike when it says N. So I always pull the clutch while starting.

In Bangalore, there is apparently one very good RR310 mechanic from a TVS showroom. I will give it to him to fix this weekend. And if still no go, I will raise an issue to TVS directly. I can be careful, yes. But if someone else borrows the bike, it can lead to a disaster. Wil keep you posted.
Old 11th January 2022, 21:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Another RR310 on the WhatsApp group has the same issue. His bike has run only 1500km. I was hoping this issue would go away as I pile on the km, but your post has killed that hope for me!

Your console readout is better than mine, honestly. In mine, it shows as "N". If it showed blank, I would be happier! Now, I cannot trust the bike when it says N. So I always pull the clutch while starting.

In Bangalore, there is apparently one very good RR310 mechanic from a TVS showroom. I will give it to him to fix this weekend. And if still no go, I will raise an issue to TVS directly. I can be careful, yes. But if someone else borrows the bike, it can lead to a disaster. Wil keep you posted.
My bike has run about 17k kms till date, and the issue still persists sadly.
Showing N on the display is even more dangerous. How often does this issue occur? For me, it's once in a two to three months, and since I don't let anyone else borrow the bike, I have fairly less to worry about.
That said, a cold start in the morning always has me worried that it might ride into the wall as I'm wearing my gear as I wait for the bike to warm up.
All the best, hope the issue is resolved soon.

Last edited by Torque_Curve : 11th January 2022 at 21:34.
Old 12th January 2022, 12:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
If you like the RR 310, why dont you look at the R15? Would save you a lot of money and will meet your needs. The RR310 will definitely be less fuel efficient than the Apache.
The R15 is a great motorcycle but it's not much of an upgrade over the RTR200, it's more of a side grade (better product in the same segment of sub 25hp motorcycles).

Something like an RR310/BMW Twins, Interceptor/Continental GT or Duke 390 would be a real upgrade.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 20:43   #34
BHPian

Have ridden an RR310 for ~400kms.

If you're looking to upgrade, would strongly suggest you go for a multi-cylinder.

Interceptor 650 fits your requirements well.
Plenty of low mileage BS4s for under 2.5L.

Leaves you with a pretty penny for Bar risers, Phone mounts, luggage, and other personalizations

Last edited by dj_666 : 13th January 2022 at 20:47.
dj_666 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks