Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2020, 22:49   #46
BHPian

Re: Why are there more car websites than that for motorcycles in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
2-wheelers outsell 4-wheelers by SIX to EIGHT times. And if we go by the sales numbers of enthusiast bikes - be it the cheap ones or the expensive ones - there are clearly lakhs of motorcycle enthusiasts in India.

Then, why is there a dearth of 2-wheeler websites? Sure, we have this very vibrant forum section on Team-BHP and there is XBHP, but hardly anything else. It's the same with print or TV shows where the focus is 90% on cars and just 10% or less on bikes.

So, I have been genuinely thinking about this = Why so?
Look at maybe 90% or even 95% of that market, commuters and scooters like Activa. I would guess that the average 2 wheeler owner only wants to get from point A to point B. Look at the absurd stories 2 wheeler sales guys give (I was told Abs and disk are not for women as it is risky by a Honda and TVS guy) and I think they do this because they get away with it.

Given the ticket sizes even the average non enthusiast car driver needs to be more circumspect I guess
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 16:53   #47
BHPian

Re: Why are there more car websites than that for motorcycles in India?

Like a lot of folk have suggested earlier in this thread, a group is represented by what excites its members and what they dream of. Here we are a group of dreamers always with an eye out for that next best machine which could be a 4 or a 2 wheeler!
I guess the dreams of a majority of folk who buy the standard utility 2 wheeler are occupied by other things

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks