Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 13:50   #61
BHPian

Re: BMW Motorrad C 400 GT Maxi-Scooter, now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
There definitely is a market in India for maxi scooters but not at absurd prices.

If they come up with a 300cc under 3L or 200 under 2L I think there is a niche but still a sizeable market for these.

For it to happen they have to be manufactured here and for that to happen they need to know there will be decent sales. It's a viscious circle. But yamaha bringing the aeroxx might open up the market and acceptability for maxi scoots in general. Right now the consensus is still that a motorbike is 'better' than a scooter. But as the market matures they may come to realise that they're very different tools indeed. The practicality offered by a maxi scooter cannot be matched by any bike.

I was riding around in a forza300 with a top box around Thailand. Man! That thing can swallow the kitchen sink and a half under the seat and a couple of helmets in the top box. That kind of storage is just unheard of in any 2 wheeler in our country. Must see it to believe. Oh and it can do 120 all day and lean like a superbike.
Definitely is a vicious circle. Also unless our duties come down I don't see an impetus in this category. The boffins reading the numbers and customer sentiment best know about this. At 10L for a 400cc machine is plain ridiculous. I truly want the Honda to bring in their steeds too. Time will tell!
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 14:08   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

What's the target audience for a 10 lakh maxi-scooter? I'm not rich enough to comprehend, but I guess the sales guys have identified some segment.

To replace golf carts at trendy courses? Internal transport at gated communities for retired ceos, hedge fund managers and politicians? Staff movement at fancy island resorts off the coast of Mumbai and Goa? Unique ride events at star-kids' birthday parties?

Any guesses? Give it a shot guys, it'll be fun!

Last edited by am1m : 14th October 2021 at 14:09.
Old 15th October 2021, 18:17   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

Any guesses? Give it a shot guys, it'll be fun!
Not every buyer I’m sure but here is one end purpose.

5 mins of “fame” on idiot YouTube / social media channels.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Deliveries started. I guess that’s the real customer base for this Halo product.

https://Youtu.be/6umXRljOfDw
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks