Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 02:54   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chassis snaps on a Royal Enfield Himalayan |

This thread really makes my blood boil.... even though it's an old and almost forgotten about issue now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsto_keny View Post
While I was washing my bike, It came to my notice that near the footrest there is a crack which is extending back to the swing arm area. Since there was no rust on the crack area I confirmed that this was developed very recently.
Could you please share pictures of this crack in the frame...

EDIT: Had these 2 videos saved

Here, a bike rental guy says of the 17 Himalyans in his fleet, 4 have suffered a frame-break !!!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th September 2023 at 11:35.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 15:28   #62

Re: Chassis snaps on a Royal Enfield Himalayan | EDIT: RE to replace chassis & damaged parts for fre

Quick update guys.

Got the bike last week, the company decided to waive off all charges. Didnt have to pay a penny. The advance amount I paid was used for clutch replacement and coneset replacement. Hence everything is balanced.

How did I pull this trick?

While posting here I had also dropped a mail to support@royalenfield.com and tagged them on twitter.

Make your mind believe that you will not get warranty and you will have to pay for the bike, so that you can be prepared for the worst case scenario. And things will come in as a surprise. LOL

Attaching the photos during and after the work was completed.
Chassis snaps on a Royal Enfield Himalayan | EDIT: RE to replace chassis & damaged parts for free-out.jpg

Chassis snaps on a Royal Enfield Himalayan | EDIT: RE to replace chassis & damaged parts for free-dismantle.jpg

Chassis snaps on a Royal Enfield Himalayan | EDIT: RE to replace chassis & damaged parts for free-work.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th September 2023 at 18:27. Reason: Adding some formatting changes
winsto_keny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 08:32   #63
BHPian

Re: Chassis snaps on a Royal Enfield Himalayan | EDIT: RE to replace chassis & damaged parts for fre

Such issues are indeed very concerning, particularly when you have a brand that markets itself as a stable and reliable marque, and a vehicle that is shown as rough and tough. Chassis breaks are no joke, and only more concerning if the bike breaks in the middle of nowhere and leaves you stranded.
This, as others have pointed out is an issue unique to the Himalayan, as other bikes are not facing it. I own a 1990 Bullet, which has seen some of the worst roads and taken them all while loaded to the gills, and even today the chassis is strong. My RX 100 has endured similar conditions and that too has nothing wrong with its chassis. The point here being if such bikes with 30+ years of age are not showing such weakness, then it is a matter of shame for such a new vehicle to have this happening to it.
High time that RE pulled up its socks and reworked the chassis design in a way that such breakages and cracks go away.
Vaastav is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks