Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 19:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: High security number plate in Karnataka?

Friends, I got a 2020 registered car from other state in to Karnataka and got a KA number. I tried to get a HSRP number plate but since there was not much info available I have got normal IND number plate for the time being and want to get the HSRP in the meantime.
I have been told that only dealers can get you the HSRP plate. Is it true or are there other avenues like Godawari?
Old 19th July 2022, 09:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

My 2002 Enfield Bullet is due for it's FC in September.

I was wondering if the HSRP plates are required when taking the bike for inspection and if yes, if I can get it done from any number plate shop?

Apologies if I have missed this topic discussion.
Old 19th July 2022, 09:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

I was wondering if the HSRP plates are required when taking the bike for inspection and if yes, if I can get it done from any number plate shop?

Apologies if I have missed this topic discussion.
Legally, it's not. But if you go alone without the help of an agent, the inspector will ask you to get HSRP lookalikes installed and come back the next day. You can then argue with him because the HSRP rule for old vehicles hasn't been introduced in Karnataka yet, but i didn't do that and just complied.

Better to get it done before you go for inspection. Again, all this applies if you're going without an agent.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 11:06   #49
BHPian

Anyone knows how if its possible to get replacement HSRP sticker for Karnataka? Say in case of windshield replacement?
debugged is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 05:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debugged View Post
Anyone knows how if its possible to get replacement HSRP sticker for Karnataka? Say in case of windshield replacement?
Were you able to get this sorted? I could not find any info on bookmyhsrp.com for Karnataka stickers, and the RTO site didn't have much info either.
Old 11th October 2022, 11:29   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavm View Post
Were you able to get this sorted? I could not find any info on bookmyhsrp.com for Karnataka stickers, and the RTO site didn't have much info either.
This was for a friend, and no, He wasn't able to figure this out either. He drives with replaced windshield without the sticker.
Old 11th October 2022, 12:10   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
This was for a friend, and no, He wasn't able to figure this out either. He drives with replaced windshield without the sticker.
I had earlier purchased the full HSRP set for my MH car from https://www.bookhsrponline.com

But, it seems they now cater to only Rajastan, Diru/Daman, and Dadra/Nagarhaveli as per their website, not sure why. But, it is still worth checking out if they can accept order for other state HSRPs.
Try to call their contact number and check if they can provide only the sticker.

Edit: Just googled about this company and it seems they are mired in some controversy and are not legal. So, please proceed with caution.

Last edited by Everlearner : 11th October 2022 at 12:16.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 20:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post

Edit: Just googled about this company and it seems they are mired in some controversy and are not legal. So, please proceed with caution.
Fair point. Most of these sites look shady, and it is unfortunate that there is no info regarding the process on tbe RTO web sites. Folks should be going through some authorized vendors only, given the security and privacy aspects.
abhinavm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 09:12   #54
BHPian

It is now 2023 and i still have no clue on who these “authorised” vendors are. My sister replaced both the cars in their family with a new tata (tigor ev) and kia (carens) and hsrp was already fixed during delivery for both the cars. I bought a new hyundai (alcazar) and i am currently driving around with a paper stuck with my permanent registration number because i was given some bull**** about hsrp having to be dispatched by the government.
Old 11th May 2023, 14:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Hi tharian, can you let me know if this HSRP plate was required for the FC? I am going through the FC process currently and I dont have the HSRP plates.
masterChief007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 15:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
Hi tharian, can you let me know if this HSRP plate was required for the FC? I am going through the FC process currently and I dont have the HSRP plates.
Yes, I got it done before the FC. It is better to get it in case they find that as a reason to delay the FC and the agent I went through also said it was required.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 23:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I got it done before the FC. It is better to get it in case they find that as a reason to delay the FC and the agent I went through also said it was required.
Did you go to a generic number plate shop and got the HSRP looking plates? Or is it some authorized provider. In case if it was some authorized shop can you give the details for the same.

I wonder why isn't there a clear guideline for a thing on which cops are giving challans on ! Some later date the cops will start catching "fake HSRPs" too
Old 12th May 2023, 06:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
Did you go to a generic number plate shop and got the HSRP looking plates? Or is it some authorized provider. In case if it was some authorized shop can you give the details for the same.

I wonder why isn't there a clear guideline for a thing on which cops are giving challans on ! Some later date the cops will start catching "fake HSRPs" too
It's not genuine. It is just look alike's. I ordered it via Amazon. You can get it done through any number plate shop.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 22:02   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tharian, I am also about to take my 2008 RE Thunderbird for FC in the coming week and planning to change the number plates before that as currently I have a hand written one. I will also order them from Amazon as per your suggestion. Just want to confirm that you got this white colored ones (no blue color , blue logo stars etc on the side of the number plate) ?

Also, if you can share from which Amazon seller did you order from ?
Attached Thumbnails
High security number plate in Karnataka?-screenshot-20230626-9.54.26-pm.png  

Old 27th June 2023, 06:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Just want to confirm that you got this white colored ones (no blue color , blue logo stars etc on the side of the number plate) ?

Also, if you can share from which Amazon seller did you order from ?
Yes, it is the same style that I got. It was from the below link, but it says not available now. You can order it from another seller too since they look the same more or less.
https://www.amazon.in/Automotive-Emb.../dp/B09BF4L5LJ
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks