Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 12:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Even if we consider booking through online, who is going to do the physical delivery of the vehicle - I think it will be the local dealer?
Yes Sir

Quote:
And I believe, as per the present RTO rules...cannot do the physical delivery job !
True, may be sitting & having a long conversation can bring down the price a bit; that goes back to my old point; what % of this amount is this? If it's 1-2%, then its better to curse them within, save time & walk away with the scooter. If it's more then, have long conversation (bargain in colloquial terms) & bring it down as much as possible
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 18:43   #62
BHPian

Hi all!

My cousin bought Jupiter for his wife this Diwali.
I rarely come to this Forum of Motorbikes and now I regret it.
Because I wouldn't have missed this missing kick starter thing if I have been visiting this thread / Motorbikes forum regularly. (or have inspected the scooter before buying).
Anyways, now the time has passed and the purchase has been done so can't revert it.

Now, need guidance regarding two points:

1. Please let me know if anybody comes to know about option of fitting the kick starter.
2. Is everybody facing issue with the boot lock mechanism? If yes, can anything be done in that regards?

The seat can't be locked easily and needs to be pressed at specific spot to close.
Scooter on display had the same issue and our scooter also has the same issue.

Did we do a mistake by believing brand Jupiter?
Old 5th November 2021, 19:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hi all!

2. Is everybody facing issue with the boot lock mechanism? If yes, can anything be done in that regards?

The seat can't be locked easily and needs to be pressed at specific spot to close.
Scooter on display had the same issue and our scooter also has the same issue.

Congratulations on the Jupiter ! It's a no fuss scooter with good ride quality. Regarding the seat locking issue - do you mean you have to press the seat in the middle to lock it ? Then yes that is the procedure to lock the seat. There's a latch in the middle which locks in the rectangular hook attached to seat bottom. I suggest don't drop down seat directly, get it down by holding and press in the middle. Unless I didn't understand your issue clearly, I hope it helps
Old 5th November 2021, 19:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes & No
Yes - If you expected Jupiter to be rough & tough like one from Jap stable
No - If you treat it gentle, it has a good long life span ofcourse with tolerable niggles

Reg the seat closing mechanism, I was told it exists even from the 110 days, so don't expect it to change anytime soon. You may want to count this under one of tolerable niggles

Last edited by aargee : 5th November 2021 at 19:31.
Old 6th November 2021, 09:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Please let me know if anybody comes to know about option of fitting the kick starter.
1. I have already discussed this matter with our local dealer and waiting for his reply. I too have booked a Jupiter 125 and been waiting for the last 15 days.

2. When I visited the showroom for a TD, I checked this boot lock problem on the TD vehicle which was ok. My previous scooter (Hero Maestro Edge 110) was also having similar problems. If you drop the seat cover, it won't lock instead gently close the seat cover and push in the middle part and it gets locked easily. That was the mechanism adopted by Hero. I am not sure the same mechanism in Jupiter also. Will have to see when I get my scooter delivered to me.

+++

My booking status

I booked on 21st October and as of yesterday and according to the showroom the vehicle not yet arrived. I suspect that they are purposely delaying since I asked a break-up of the Road Tax amount calculated by them, which works out to 10.9% against the actual 8%.

I am also not pushing them as few months back, I needed a scooter urgently but with days passed by and I started using my car for all shopping needs and short distance drive, I now feel comfortable using the car(Initially, I was very hesitant to take the car for a short distance drive-stop and go shopping needs, but I have been using it since last 3 months it become my routine work and no hesitancy at all to use the car for such needs.).

I am also thinking whether to postpone the new scooter purchase to January 2022 instead of buying now, i.e. towards the year end?
nairrk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 09:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also thinking whether to postpone the new scooter purchase to January 2022 instead of buying now, i.e. towards the year end?
Hello Sir, sorry to say, we've decided to take this path despite our frantic research & aggressive TD since Sep. Reason being, this post + we're expecting slew of EV scooters, improved quality with better features on fossil fueled scooters in 2022, especially expecting silent start with Access 125.

We've handed over our age old Activa to Didar motors for clutch replacement & fixing some starter motor shaft at crank case & I hope it should cost not more than 5-6K inclusive of labor thus saving over 90K in the process.

Last edited by aargee : 6th November 2021 at 09:50.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 12:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Unless I didn't understand your issue clearly, I hope it helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Reg the seat closing mechanism, I was told it exists even from the 110 days, so don't expect it to change anytime soon. You may want to count this under one of tolerable niggles
Quote:
1. I have already discussed this matter with our local dealer and waiting for his reply. I too have booked a Jupiter 125 and been waiting for the last 15 days.
Thank you all for your kind and quick replies.
The seat lock issue: Unless you press on specific spot it won't get locked. It's like if you miss that particular point even by a cm then it won't close. Sometimes it gets irritating to do so repeatedly. I feel like I should paste a RED sticker with bold lettering PRESS HERE

@nairrk Please update us as soon as I hear anything on that. Thanks in advance.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 17:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Two-up with hard setting is certainly very hard; with soft setting & two up potholes are handled very good[*]The suspension is not as plush as Ray ZR or Access 125 or Burgman the king but for sure way better than NTorq's hardest suspension[*]We feel in a long run, potholes after potholes, the suspension setting could soften a little or we might get used to it
]
Extremely informative TD report, thanks.

I'm in the process of finalising a scooter as a family runabout. So far have been using Jupiter 110 since 2014 and very happy with it except for a bit underpowered with 2 up, and a stiff suspension. Otherwise this scooter has been niggle free and satisfying.
I also rode the Access 125 in hills with 2 up and was impress with its pulling ability and comfortable ride. But somehow I don't like the styling of the Access.

Now I've set my sights on Jupiter 125 due to its features, big boot, 12" wheels, fuel filler, low and mid end torque, and brand familiarity.

My question is how was the ride quality of the jupiter 125 vs jupiter 110? Keeping the rear shock preload at soft setting
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 18:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
My question is how was the ride quality of the jupiter 125 vs jupiter 110? Keeping the rear shock preload at soft setting
Both share the same suspensions boss, so what you experienced with 110 is same as 125.

The points I shared in that post are nearly a month ago, now there're new turn out on events. I can summarize in one sentence - better to wait for few more months before buying a new scooter.

Now I don't know what new technology HMSI is planning or if Suzuki launches Access & Burgman with silent start or TVS is planning a rivalry for Aerox, but, I hear the market is transforming current scooters from subtle to significant

Wait for 8 more months, EV scooters are going to take a giant jump
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 13:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wait for 8 more months, EV scooters are going to take a giant jump
I agree. In a few months we are going to see many EV brands introduced in Indian market. However, we still will have the charging problem which has to be sorted out first before more vehicles are being pushed into this market. Even installing more charging points may not help as charging time for a discharged battery takes most of our valuable time.

What we need is battery swapping facility and also need more service stations like what we have now for petrol variants. If these two facilities are easily available, then we can buy EV's without any worry or apprehension. Until then Petrol variants will continue to capture the market irrespective of more EV brands pushed into the market.
nairrk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 14:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, we still will have the charging problem which has to be sorted out first before more vehicles are being pushed into this market. Even installing more charging points may not help as charging time for a discharged battery takes most of our valuable time
Sir, frankly speaking, the pseudo auto journalist in YT have made such a cry. Let me see if the 80-100 Km range can be justified; below are category of folks for whom the range cannot be justified at the time of writing in 2021
  • For anyone having an office located up to 45 Km one way
  • School is located 25 Km one way (make 4 trips for pickup & drop)
  • Grocery store is located over 45 Km one way
  • EV in the hope of having lower ownership cost than fossil fueled vehicle
  • Living in isolation with nearest civilization located about 45 Km one way
  • Someone who's constantly on the move nearly 24X7 (like delivery boys) who don't have time to rest OR folks who are not blessed to have a charging station where they dwell

For all the remaining folks, charging is absolutely not an issue; even the may be one or two days in a month the usage comes to near 100 Km, but certainly not everyday. If that can be carefully planned, even that can be handled easily.

Offlate I get a feeling that, except a few reviews, YT is full of 100% unadulterated BS from folks who're riding a motorcycle/scooter for first time in their life!!
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For all the remaining folks, charging is absolutely not an issue; even the may be one or two days in a month the usage comes to near 100 Km, but certainly not everyday. If that can be carefully planned, even that can be handled easily.

Offlate I get a feeling that, except a few reviews, YT is full of 100% unadulterated BS from folks who're riding a motorcycle/scooter for first time in their life!!
Thanks. I too have seen many YT reviews which consist positive as well as negative comments. The negative comments are mainly about range dropping whilst riding.

When one starts with a fully charged battery and the range shows as 75 kms but after running say 10 kms suddenly the range drops quickly than actually what it should have been. Here we may lose our confidence of reaching our destination safely before the battery goes down fully.

May be this happens because of the rider not maintaining the mode selection and his drive properly. Most of the Electric scooters available around are the low speed ones which do not require any license or Registration. Some of these scooters underperform and battery also get discharged very sooner than what the company claims.

So, as you said maybe after some months and once the major brands EV are available everywhere, (along with easy availability of charging stations and service centres), the popularity of EV vehicles will go up.

Recently, I read a news item wherein a 15 year old girl died of an accident while riding on an electric scooter. It happened mainly because teenagers use these sort of EV because of no license required policy.(Read this story. Though the accident not due to the scooter, but the young girl who may not have enough training to ride a two wheeler met with this tragic end.
Old 9th November 2021, 16:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The negative comments are mainly about range dropping whilst riding...So, as you said maybe after some months and once the major brands EV are available everywhere, (along with easy availability of charging stations and service centres), the popularity of EV vehicles will go up...

Recently, I read a news item wherein a 15 year old girl died of an accident while riding on an electric scooter
Sir, 2 points...
1. 80% of the time we don't need even 80 Km range for everyday use
2. One young girl out of the lakhs of EV sold dies & suddenly that 1 scooter becomes the focus, we primarily forget the lakhs of EV sold which was the primary purpose of looking for a EV scooter. BTW, NIE hasn't even reported the brand of scooter, must be some Chinese make.

My point is that EV today is a lifestyle product, there's no doubt, it's like a smart phone of a decade ago. However, it can 100% meet 80% of everyday use.

Last edited by aargee : 9th November 2021 at 16:11.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 18:23   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, NIE hasn't even reported the brand of scooter, must be some Chinese make.
Baring 4 or 5 brands available today (Bajaj, TVS, Ather, Ampere) most of other/local brand scooters are Chinese but assembled in India. And 90% of them are low speed category which aims teenage groups (encouraging No License, No Registration facility).

However, I think, Electric scooters will become a more popular next year when branded companies open up dealerships with service facilities in all towns all over India
Old 9th November 2021, 21:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

TDd the Jupiter 125 drum version this morning. Most points have been covered. Few from my side...
Closing the seat is cumbersome, needs to be pressed down in a certain way.
Seat material and cushioning is softer than J110.
Acceleration till mid range with 2 up on J 125 is equal to 1 up on J110.
Brakes are quite good.
The guy who came with the bike didn't have a clue on how to adjust preload, so we tested with the lever pointing to the front of the bike. Ride quality was better than J110 but not as good as Access 125.
All versions of J125 in all colors, have not come to showroom as yet. Probably take a month or so for their production and distribution to get streamlined
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks