Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2023, 11:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 - Ownership Review

I would like to know whether it is good to get PPF/Lamination done on the bike. which one to choose and what areas to cover?

I am planning to own the bike long term (my pulsar 150 is still going strong after 16 years), so would not mind spending some extra money to keep it in good condition.
Old 14th February 2023, 12:03   #47
BHPian

Status changed to Ready to delivery this morning. It was showing booking confirmed till last night.

Checking with Sales person but looks like he is also clueless (or a bit lazy). Would try to visit dealership on my way to home.

Any idea when this message appears from past experiences.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 - Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20230214-11.58.23.jpeg  

Old 15th February 2023, 15:10   #48
BHPian

Visited dealership in the last evening. They had received the bike in stockyard yesterday morning.

Could not do proper PDI as it was still packed. I would do a check day before delivery.

All the payments done and delivery date promised to this Friday.
Old 15th February 2023, 17:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
Status changed to Ready to delivery this morning. It was showing booking confirmed till last night.

Checking with Sales person but looks like he is also clueless (or a bit lazy). Would try to visit dealership on my way to home.

Any idea when this message appears from past experiences.
Congratulations! In my case, the app updated after I had received the bike. Infact almost two days later, while I received the mail a couple of hours after the bike had actually arrived. But I've heard of others who got it perfectly. In short I believe the reliability of the tracking is questionable
Prayaglele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 13:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasist View Post
Hi All, as mentioned earlier, I am updating the impact of the solutions after around two weeks of usage.

1. Suspension change:
The short summary is that it makes a lot of difference! I was expecting the swap to be a straight forward procedure. However the the new units were about 3 to 4 mm slimmer than the stock ones. None of the YouTube videos mentioned it. I guess they just pressed the clamps tight with pliers. The service advisor however suggested I get custom made bushes to fill out the extra space. He was willing to get it machined from one his contacts. I went ahead with his suggestion and everything else was quite easy. I have set the preload on the lowest setting on the new units as well, and now the ride is super soft. To the extent that it bottoms out on big bumps with a pillion on board, but I don't mind it.

2. Fego Float air seat:
Enough has already been discussed about this in the forum, so will not repeat the same. Installation is quite easy, just need to pass the loops below the seats and done. It does what it claims, isolates the rider from jerks. But you always keep bobbing around when braking and accelerating. After about a week though I got used to it and it doesn't bother me. The biggest issue with this though is the constant fear of it getting stolen when parked in public spaces. If only there was a better way to secure it.

3. Handlebar riser:
This one was pretty hard to source. Legundary customs makes a wonderful pair for the Meteor, but has been out of stock for almost a month. The rest of the ones are of pathetic quality. Please stay away from the ones sold on Amazon, they are flimsy and won't align properly. In my search I came across a beautiful pair of risers from Carbon Racing, made for Interceptor 650. Checked with them if it would fit the Meteor as well. The response was affirmatory, so went ahead and purchased a set. They fit perfectly well on the Meteor. Quality is amazing and price is super reasonable. Plus extra brownie points for their customer support team, who I felt were honest and transparent. The riding position feels a lot better now and I don't have to stretch to reach the handlebar.

In conclusion, all the issues I have been facing seem to have been resolved to a great extent, and I no longer face back pain. This one seems to be a keeper

Attachment 2276644
Notice the custom bushes next to the suspension head.

Attachment 2276646
The canister needs to be pointing forward.

Attachment 2276647
The canister on the left slightly fowls with the chain cover, but is not a major issue.

Attachment 2276695
Fego float air seat.

Attachment 2276696
Is slightly upswept since I have the touring seat installed. Would be more comfortable on a normal seat.

Attachment 2276699
Handlebar risers from Carbon racing

Attachment 2276698
The amount of lift it provides.

Attachment 2276700
The stock headlight was pathetic so got this cool looking unit from HJG. It works surprisingly well. Beam spread and throw is good, and did I say how cool it looks.

Attachment 2276701
Bye for now.
Congrats on the upgrade! Very true, the top of the list that you had, suspension. I did upgrade on my bike to Gas shocks and it made a lot of difference in ride comfort compared to the stock suspension. After making changes, i could not feel the odd jolts on road, bridge links and overall it is very smooth. I fitted with endurance gas shocks.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 - Ownership Review-img20230205102505.jpg
Left side

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 - Ownership Review-img20230205103417.jpg
Right side
silverstreakcbe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks