Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 00:29   #1
BHPian

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review

Introducing Rowen !
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-1.jpg

Hello tbhpians, myself Souvik Chatterjee also known as SVK Rider as per my tbhp handle.

I am from Kolkata, and I work in Marketing profile. Apart from my regular job, I have been riding motorcycles since my college days, and this is my first ownership review in tbhp. This thread is going to be long and descriptive in my own way; please bear with me. By the time this thread will be published I have covered around 8000 kms in my CB350RS having a clear idea about the ownership along with two services from BIGWING KOLKATA.

Background
My first motorcycle was a humble Yamaha Fazer 125cc in 2004, with 4 gears no self-start no disc brake forget about modern aids like ABS and slipper clutch. However, it served my entire college life along with beginning of my professional career for 8 long years and close to one lakh kms and lots of memories had to let her go for something new.
Name:  tbhp 2.jpg
Views: 3888
Size:  28.6 KB

Going on 2012
The Second one also from the stable of Yamaha and once again it was fazer only. I loved the overall feel of the motorcycle and got myself Fazer 150 for my daily duties. It was the first motorcycle which took me to the Himalayas and gave me the actual freedom of exploration without any worries. However, after 2 years and few months felt the need of little bit more power and style so sold it off for the next one.
Attachment 2301945

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-4.jpg

Fast Forward to 2014
The next was the mighty CBR250R a.k.a Renesseme, and she will be there in my heart forever. Once again close to one lakh mark and numerous trips both long and short, with a heavy heart had to let her go. The main reason for letting CBR go is unavailability of spares from Honda and lack of proper mechanic in nearby service centre. After Honda pulled the plug off for CBR when the BS6 norms came into the picture, it was difficult to find brake pads also on time. Every small item had min 1 week waiting period if u need them and if something major needs to be replaced, I had to wait for more than 3 weeks also. However apart from this problem CBR was a bliss to ride.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-5.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-6.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-7.jpg
Memories from Bhutan!
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-8.jpg

Present Day Scenario – 2021
After a real time, detailed research for which motorcycle to be chosen for my next daily work and occasional highway rides, I came up with few final names which I needed to test ride in long term. I had a budget of Max 3/3.2 lacs for this one and based on that I start my final list.
1. Royal Enfield 650 twin – A fantastic retro motorcycle. Infact I was keen on getting a neo retro for myself after I test rode this machine only. Superb engine, light clutch, and fantastic growl. Cruising in triple digit speeds on highway is a bliss and overtaking takes hardly effort and time. Complement that with a proper retro looks made this bike really a good option for me. However, with all the pro that this bike has the cons was not at all acceptable for me. The main disadvantage for me owing a spoke rim motorcycle is lack of tubeless tyres, I have used with tube tyres extensively and I just do not want to go back there. Add on to that the tyre and rim size where finding a proper tyre is a real pain for 18” wheels plus I felt the tyres are too skinny for my liking also. I rode the interceptor both of highways and extreme city traffic also, the weight is troublesome for daily usage and the seat is kind of useless for long rides. Hence irrespective of good power and VFM I ruled out the 650 twins from RE.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-9.jpg

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-10.jpg

2. Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6/new edition – Absolutely brilliant machine and fun to ride on the highways. Really great VFM and easy on pocket to maintain. Parts are cheap, however doesn’t last long in my experience. The new gen Dominar sounds good, handles better than the previous gen Domi, great headlight throw, decent with low end torque. But I wasn’t ready to take the fuss of the service centre. My childhood friend and one of my brothers does own Bajaj NS and Domi respectively and they are really dissatisfied with the service support of Bajaj and told me on the face, if you can take their non-sense excuses through entire warranty period then it is a good bike. This statement was really evident with the bajaj sales guys only who refused to give me a proper test ride, they said that Bajaj do not give test ride bikes (Kestopur OSL and AJC Bose Road OSL and Thakurpukur OSL) and they can give me test ride in-front of the showroom for few hundred meters only, which I feel totally insufficient for choosing any motorcycle. Moreover, I was not very keen on the looks of the newly launched Dominar and the colour options were also not very attractive to me. The bike feels heavy in city traffic conditions and not that easily flickable also (Maybe I am a thin & lean guy and doesn’t have enough muscle power to handle the weight). Hence the Dominar 400 also was ruled out.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-11.jpg

3. KTM 390 Adv/Duke – Now people will start bashing me if I say I do not like the KTM’s particularly. Yes, they do have great performance, awesome handling, may be reliable in these days, however I never liked the looks of KTM. There’s a saying that “If you do not look back after parking your ride, you’ve chosen the wrong one” and I never felt of looking at any KTM admiring the beauty at all. I test rode the 390 adv, Rahul was helpful in this for arranging a good test ride. But after riding it for substantial period didn’t feel the connection with the motorcycle at all. Only thing which attracted me towards KTM is the RAW power of 390, rest nothing connected me ever at all. So even if I thought BS6 KTMs will be different and would connect me, they didn’t do any good and hence ruled out.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-12.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-13.jpg

With the major 3 motorcycle ruled out of my list I was really having difficulty to choose a motorcycle which is comfortable and can carry me and my pillion and occasionally roaming with my daughter and day to day basis office work and other necessary things. Hence, I started to shift my focus towards the new retro class of motorcycles.

4. Royal Enfield Classic 350 New Gen – Really adorable machine, royal enfield really made a great motorcycle with all the aids required in present days. I didn’t like the seating position of the Meteor 350 hence classic was the only option left from RE stable. I loved the way it looks, the tubeless tyre tripper navigation, ABS everything which I needed was there. Test rode the bike and it impressed me. However, the fun factor was missing as the bike isn’t particularly agile. It shows its weight in heavy traffic and corners. Hence, I was looking for something a bit more agile having all the qualities of the classic. I am not attaching any pictures of classic as it is quite popular motorcycle hence all of us seen it multiple times.

5. Jawa Motorcycles – I didn’t even consider them, as I didn’t like the overall feel when I took the test ride, plus the service part of Mahindra two wheelers is pathetic as per the experiences of owners.

6. Honda CB350 Highness – This motorcycle ticked almost all the boxes which I needed for my ride. Only thing I didn’t liked is the rear tyre, again a 18” and not so wide for my taste. Test rode it properly and was really satisfied, still wanted to try the RS version which actually took my heart at first sight only.

7. Honda CB350RS – The first time I saw the motorcycle in the showroom, I have fallen in love with the motorcycle. Yes, there are cons which I will be discussing in the later part, for here I am sharing my factors for which I choose this beast. The looks are attractive, the seating stance and the rider triangle was perfect for my liking. The Ground Clearance was enough for my daily usage. The tyres are fatter (150 section), all LED (though I prefer halogen for the headlamps), the neat and scrambler like seat. The tail section looks fantastic. The performance is decent, better than classic. Despite of having close to 180kgs it doesn’t feel heavy at all. The motorcycle is agile and very confidence inspiring in the corners also. The traction control really helps in adverse conditions, the ABS works perfectly, braking is good compared to the others. Only glitch I felt was lack of top end power which is negotiable for me as we hardly cruise more than 100s for long rides these days. Hence with the joyful heart decided to go with the unmatched reliability of Honda with their new machine CB350RS Red colour.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-14.jpg

Booking & Delivery – Now when everything was set and finalized, booked the bike on 9th November 2021 and asked Nilay (Bigwing Salesperson) I will take the delivery next day only.
The process was smooth and hassle free. Booked with 5000 rupees and next day on 10th November 2021 morning went to the Big Wing Kolkata showroom near Chinar Park, New Town Kolkata for the delivery. There were two freshly arrived stock with updated ECU for Red colour RS available with them and Nilay proactively showed me both to choose one from them. Checked primarily and chose one, both were perfect so anyone would have been great for me. After I choose the bike, they took it to service centre to make the bike ready with few of the accessories I bought along with the bike.

a. Leg Guard – Genuine accessory from Honda
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-15.jpg

b. Front Mud Guard – Another genuine accessory from Honda
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-16.jpg

c. Tank Pad – Genuine accessory from Honda again.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-17.jpg

Though many people prefer Zana leg guards with sliders a lot, but for me those are too wide which sticks out of the actual dimension of the motorcycle and to me it looks odd. Hence, I preferred the original Honda leg guards, which goes well with the motorcycle.

The first sight after getting ready.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-18.jpg

The total amount paid to them was INR 2,41,000.00 including everything.
Honda does provide 6 years or 81000 kms extended warranty which was also included in the total price paid.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st May 2022 at 20:26. Reason: Deleted picture, riding without protection Please always wear helmet, Thanks.
SVK Rider is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 01:05   #2
BHPian

Re: Introducing Rowen, Honda CB350RS – An Owners Perspective!

Now with all the things done and dusted, took the delivery at around 7.30 pm finally and it was the time to embrace a new journey.
Bhpian Dyutimoy came down all along for the delivery and had some good adda time with him.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-19.jpg

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-20.jpg

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-21.jpg

The name I opted for her is Rowen!
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-22.jpg

Along with the motorcycle Honda provided a small gift hamper short of which includes the Keys, one Key chain, one wrist, few stickers band and one coffee mug from Honda beautifully designed inside a box.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-23.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-24.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-25.jpg

Now with all the above introductory stuffs written, let us come to the review of this fantastic motorcycle.
Starting with the Pro’s –
1. Looks – The motorcycle looks bigger in actual than the pictures, the neo retro style perfectly suits her.
2. Excellent low and mid-range grunt - Fun to ride in the city and hills. This bike pulls from as low as 1500 rpms only. Approximately 30 NM of torque at 3000rpm is readily available.
3. Super refined and smooth engine – being a long stroke engine there is zero vibes in the motorcycle in whatever speeds you do. The counter balancer really works.
4. The sound – this is a must mention point, the sound is awesome. Loved every beat of the motorcycle when riding her.
5. Fuel efficient – being a 350cc long stroke engine it gave me around 35/36 in the city and 38/39 on the highways and trips on the mixed road conditions, which to me is great.
6. Comfort - Very comfortable for long distance rides, pillion seat is also comfortable. Overall seat length is also good. I can easily carry my wife and daughter for small spins nearby and there is good amount of space for three of us.
7. Brilliant handling and weight management – though the motorcycle is approximately 180kgs it doesn’t feel like unless you need to push the bike in inclines. The bike leans in the corners effortlessly and extremely agile than the competition.
8. Braking performance is also very good if not the best. The initial feel of the bite is missing but it stops on the perfect spot.
9. All LED lighting – to me I do not like the LED Headlamp setup as they do not provide proper visibility in rains and fogs, still for the aesthetic part it looks awesome.
10. Beefy fuel tank with 15 litres of capacity which gives a tank range for around 500/550 kms if you ride sanely.
11. Fit and finish is excellent – the overall fit and finish is flawless and paint quality in the tanks and other parts are good. However, many of the owners have complained about the rusting issue in the Facebook groups and few paint issues in the engine block section.
12. Public Reaction – No matter wherever you go, you will be asked about the bike by various age group of people including ladies. People do give huge attention to this motorcycle. I was consistently asked about the motorcycle whenever someone got opportunity speak in my trip to North Bengal & Patratu valley.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-26.jpg

Now coming to the Cons of the motorcycle.
1. Only 21 bhp of power – Many of you might not agree with me, but I do feel that Honda could have given 3 or 4 bhp more to this bike and could have made it great.
2. No 6th Gear - There is only 5 gears, however never felt the absence of 6th as the gears are tall.
3. LED Headlamps are not at all impressive in terms of visibility, I still prefer the yellow halogen lights for its versatility. The throw is also not that good.
4. Mirror Coverage is a bit less, it shows a portion of your hands while riding.
5. Top Speed is not that exciting, again these bikes are not meant for touching high speeds, rather to smooth effortlessly.
6. Horn in the RS version is pathetic. A 100cc bike does have better horn, no one will ever listen to you if you need to honk for some reason. However, this can be complemented with the exhaust growl.
7. No USB Charger and Bluetooth Connectivity as the highness – Honda is charging premium for the bike but misses out on some of the important feature like the USB charger and Bluetooth connectivity like the Highness which doesn’t makes sense!
8. No proper mud protection – Although this product was developed exclusively for India, probably Honda have forgotten about the muddy roads in the rains in India, there is absolutely zero protection from the mud. Honda does provide a mud flap for the front, but there is nothing for the rear. Honda should come up with something substantial for the mud protection for the rear tyres also.
9. Big Wing only Sales & Service – This is probably the most sensitive area for this bike. Big Wing isn’t present everywhere, hence even if one buys the product from BigWing its painful to go to Big Wing only in major cities for servicing.
10. Lack of spares in smaller towns – when you’re going for a ride or trip, you must carry few basic things like cables and brake pads and oil seals, as you will not get any spare parts in small towns or cities while you tour on the motorcycle.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-27.jpg

Target Customers for this Motorcycle – This motorcycle is mainly aimed for the relatively younger generation, who loves the retro looks yet prefers a sportier motorcycle than the highness. My personal feeling was to go with this one than the highness as it is more agile and managing through traffic felt easier in this one than the highness.
If you really want to have an all-rounder this can be your motorcycle, as you can –
a. Commute to work daily
b. Take it to the highways and long rides
c. Pillion seat is also comfortable, and your mother or wife can sit with saree sideways.
d. If you love corners, then this will not disappoint you
e. The traction control really works in adverse road conditions.
f. ABS is there for your safety
g. The seat is comfortable and non-slippery.
h. If you want a fun to ride retro motorcycle in this segment, this will bring smile in your face every-time you ride it.
Who should not buy this motorcycle?
Do not think about getting a Honda CB350RS if you want
a. Outright performance – may be Dominar and Dukes will be better bet for you
b. High Speed Cruising – if anyone looking to cruise above 110/120 better to look somewhere else.
c. Outright sporty bike – This is a retro bike having some sporty character, so if you want outright sporty bike the RC200/390, R15 and Gixxer SF250 will be a better bet in this.
d. Hardcore off-road enthusiasts – though this bike can take bad roads and no roads easily, but this bike isn’t meant to do so, it is hard to stand on the bike and mauver plus going in higher speeds on off roads doesn’t makes you smile always. This can take any roads in its own sweet pace.
e. People who want more torque and typical retro bike – this is short of a neo retro bike, for people who likes to have more torque and typical retro bike Int 650 will be better bet if you are ok with the spoke rims and 18” wheels.
Looks of the Motorcycle – One word – Awesome. The looks depart of this motorcycle is really unique and attractive. The Retro style with the modern touch like, all LED lighting and Fatter tyres with dual disc brakes. The Red & Black combination with Chrome touches makes the bike stand out wherever you park it. I do get appreciated and asked about the small details almost every-time I take her out.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-28.jpg

The looks based on timeless classic beauties, and it certainly maintains so.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-29.jpg

Side Profile also looks very subtle and classy. The overall proportionate of the bike feels longer from the side actually.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-30.jpg

Rear Profile is something I drool upon. The 150-section tyre with the thread pattern makes you look back always. Added to that the slick horizontal LED taillight complements the entire rear look.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-31.jpg

The Motorcycle does have a centre stand which is helpful during long rides and cleaning the motorcycle, along with the RS variant comes with an engine guard fitted from factory.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-32.jpg

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-33.jpg

The Leg Guard and the front mudflap were installed from the dealer itself as I prefer having genuine accessories over any aftermarket brands.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-34.jpg

The Headlamp – the headlamp is all LED unit. Looks really cool and distinctly noticeable, however they do not provide adequate visibility at night. If you need to do lot of night highway rides then a pair of aux lights is recommended, however I didn’t install any aux lights yet.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-35.jpg
SVK Rider is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 01:22   #3
BHPian

The instrument cluster – This is a very basic unit without any tachometer. The analogue digital style of the instrument cluster looks classy and gives information about almost everything you need while riding, apart from the rpm counter.
There is information about – 1. Trip A, 2. Trip B, 3. Average fuel economy, 4. Instant fuel economy, 5. Battery Voltage, 6. ODO reading can be toggled via the switch on the left side of the console.
Apart from that, the Gear Position indicator, Clock and Fuel Gauge is also given in the small area only.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-36.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-37.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-38.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-40.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-41.jpg

The Switch Gears – the switches feel good to use and durable. The Engine kill switch is a different unit than I was used to. It also gets a Hazard light switch as a factory fitting.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-42.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-43.jpg

The Pass light and high beam switch is integrated. The passing is normally positioned, but the for the high beam, you need to push the pass switch away from you.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-44.jpg

Rear View Mirrors – The rear-view mirrors or RVMs are finished with chrome and round shaped. While it looks good and doesn’t vibrate at all, however the visibility could have been better. They should have been a little bit longer in length. Most of the times you get the view of your arms if not adjusted properly. But then also you will always see a portion of your arm no matter how you adjust the same.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-45.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-46.jpg

Storage Place – Unfortunately there is no storage place in the bike for document, however now a days due to Digi locker and mParivahan we do not need to carry hard copy documents, hence there is not requirement for the same. However, a helmet lock is provided just in case you need it.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-47.jpg

Fuel Tank Cap – This is finished pretty good in chrome and doesn’t come out completely.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-48.jpg

Performance & Ride Quality – I would term the performance of the motorcycle as adequate. This is a typical Honda; no unnecessary buzz or vibrations are there in the motor in any RPMs.
Engine & Gearbox – This is the smoothest 350cc engine I have ever ridden (with respect to the others). This feels like Honda every-time you fire it up.
The engine produces around 21 bhp at 5500rpm of power and 30nm of torque low down 3000rpm range. The distribution of the torque is even and smooth. The rev build up is gradual and delivery of the torque is linear.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-49.jpg

The gearbox comes with a slip & assist clutch and is tall in gear ratio. Many people complained about lack of torque in the bottom, but I never faced this problem. This might happen if you are in wrong gears. this gearbox won’t give you crawling speeds in higher gears. if you need to overtake suddenly it’s better to shift down and then overtaking will be easy. In the hills you will find yourself in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the times.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-50.jpg

For the figures – the bike goes 0-60 below 5 secs (4.5 sec), 0-80 around 7.5 sec and 0-100 around 11 sec. Yes, it is not as fast as the square 250cc engines, but adequately fast for your city rides and occasional highway rides. The max I could reach is around 135kmph which is decent in my opinion for these bikes. You can cruise in 100/110 easily. After 120 it struggles and the progress till 135 is slow after 120/125 kmph.
The engine oil requirement is 2 lit every change oil change and the grade mentioned by the company is 10W30. Overall, I would give full marks to this engine.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-51.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-52.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-39.jpg  

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-53.jpg  

Last edited by SVK Rider : 29th April 2022 at 01:24.
SVK Rider is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 01:32   #4
BHPian

Tyres & Brakes – The motorcycle comes with 100/90 with rating of 57H in 19inchens rims for the front and 150/70 with a rating of 69H in 17inches rims for the rear.
The thread patterns are different and the rating for the tyres are for front & rear respectively.
I would say the tyres are grippy enough to inspire confidence, but it is not meant for high-speed corners. But still can manage to provide you enough smile in the hills. The thread patterns provide good grip in dry tarmac, in wet surface also the grip is decent.
In off roads it is confidence inspiring. Thus overall, I would rate the tyres as good all-rounder which can take you to places unknown.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-54.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-55.jpg

The braking duty is done by one 310mm disc with twin pot calliper from Nissin and 240mm disc with single pot calliper in the rear. The breaking bite is not that great, but it works perfectly fine. The motorcycle does stop on time. The traction control does work when needed. The ABS is a dual channel unit giving good feedback. However, for panic breaking situations it tends to give some spongy feeling overall.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-56.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-57.jpg

The Master Cylinders are also from Nissin and looks decent. The rear cylinder has an outer cover for extra protection, which is a good touch IMO.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-58.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-59.jpg

Ride & Handling – This motorcycle ride rally well. Without any short of fatigue one can ride for 150/200 kms at a goo. The tyres look beefy and round profile hence in the corners they do provide nice feedback. Apart from that, the suspension from SHOWA is set up at front and dual shock absorbers in the rear are set up on the stiffer side, resulting in little bumpy ride on the bad roads. But this was compensated in the hills and good roads where the bike feels rock solid in the black top roads.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-60.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-61.jpg

The Ground Clearance is 169mm and with a wheelbase of 1441mm and a saddle height of 800mm it is a bit taller in seating stance. Riders below 5.10 will have some difficulties in putting the foot down.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-62.jpg

Typically, this bike isn’t meant for craving corners or changing directions rapidly, however it feels rock solid in the long sweeping corners and changing directions isn’t that challenging also. Overall, the ride quality is little bit on the stiffer side and the handling is great compared to the competition.
The weight distribution of the motorcycle is very balanced; hence you don’t feel the weight unless one need to pull out from the parking or push the bike from standstill.
The pillion seat is smaller in size, however with the bigger rider seat, the pillion won’t complain about the space and comfort. Only problem is that wearing saree and seating in sideways in the motorcycle will need some additional footrest/ extra fitting with the saree guard.

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-63.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-64.jpg

Service & Accessories – This is the part which in my opinion is still a grey area. First, Honda does the sales & service from Big Wing Honda which does not have enough reach for the service set up also. So going to the remote places this needs to be kept in mind. However, they provide R.S.A and the bikers are super reliable but if any minor damage happens due to any short of incident and you need to change a small part also, that will be a bit problem from locations apart from Big Cities. And to be honest the service is pretty good, but attention to detail could have been better (In Kolkata Big Wing Service). In my second service they didn’t even wash the bike properly before delivery. Although when I pointed out they washed once more and cleaned properly, but still I wasn’t particularly happy with the finish of the bike. Normal Honda did better job when I had my CBR250 in terms of service support. There are rooms for improvement on this aspect.
I never took any pictures of the service bay or service process as they have restrictions on it, but the customer lounge is really nice place to wait and very well maintained.
The Service Charges are on the higher side than the competition, also few spare parts and consumable items does cost more than the competition. But the difference is marginal apart from the cost of brake pads. Honda brake pads costs almost double than of Royal Enfield.

For reference I am attaching the bills of the 1st Service, where I bought one set of brake pads extra for my trip. The total amount is INR 3337/- all inclusive.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-65.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-66.jpg

Final Words – In my final words I would absolutely suggest this motorcycle to consider if anyone is looking for a modern retro motorcycle which can do it all. The more days are passing by I am falling in love with this beauty.

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-68.jpg

A reliable, soothing, torquey, smooth machine which can take you anywhere is the Honda CB350RS.
Ending with some of the snaps I took of her during my rides. Will keep updating the space through time.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-69.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-tbhp-70.jpg
SVK Rider is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 05:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 07:31   #6
BHPian

Good review! My cousin recently sold his Thunderbird 500x for a H'Ness and I couldn't understand why. Took one ride and realized: he's getting older and needed something more reliable and smooth

Couldn't help but notice one thing: despite all the negative reviews against Bajaj products (from my friends too), the Pulsar NS in your photos seems to be serving it's owner really well, considering you're onto your 3rd bike in the same duration!
boniver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 10:15   #7
BHPian

Nice detailed writeup and pictures, SVK Rider. The RS is a very nice bike indeed. Just wish Honda would have worked on the suspension though. A softer setup that could absorb bumps with ease, would have been appreciated.
Grimlock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 11:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

The suspension is adjustable right! Haven't tried the RS but on the Highness it's sorted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Just wish Honda would have worked on the suspension though. A softer setup that could absorb bumps with ease, would have been appreciated.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 11:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The suspension is adjustable right! Haven't tried the RS but on the Highness it's sorted
Glad to hear it! Is the front adjustable too by any chance?
Grimlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 12:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Introducing Rowen !
Attachment 2301944

Hello tbhpians, myself Souvik Chatterjee also known as SVK Rider as per my tbhp handle.
Hello brother, nice to see you here.
This is Bappaditya.
soulfuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 13:17   #11
BHPian

I think Honda has missed a trick by not differentiating between the regular 350 and this by not giving this bike a bit more power, 25HP and 32-33NM would have made this bike unbeatable.
It still makes no sense that Honda does not offer these two across all their showrooms!
mpp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 13:27   #12

SVK Rider, thanks for the review. To be honest i had been waiting for a thread on the RS for months. Since the pillion seat is shorter but softer than hness, which one would be better among the 350RS and single seat hness 350?
Wishing you happy and safe riding with Roven ��
Cosmic_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 14:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Good review! My cousin recently sold his Thunderbird 500x for a H'Ness and I couldn't understand why. Took one ride and realized: he's getting older and needed something more reliable and smooth

Couldn't help but notice one thing: despite all the negative reviews against Bajaj products (from my friends too), the Pulsar NS in your photos seems to be serving it's owner really well, considering you're onto your 3rd bike in the same duration!
Yes indeed ! The newer lineup of the Bajaj products are way better in terms of quality than 10 years back. However my friend doesn't ride much and in this tenure my total run is more than 5 times than the NS ODO reading.
P.S. After having such a long ownership also he won't be going with Bajaj next time

Quote:
Nice detailed writeup and pictures, SVK Rider. The RS is a very nice bike indeed. Just wish Honda would have worked on the suspension though. A softer setup that could absorb bumps with ease, would have been appreciated.
Thanks a lot for your appreciation, Yes a little bit softer setup would have eased the bumps, however I preferred this as it gives good confidence in the corners and handling part. I believe this is a good trade off.

Quote:
Glad to hear it! Is the front adjustable too by any chance?
No, the front is non adjustable ones, but they are from Showa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuel View Post
Hello brother, nice to see you here.
This is Bappaditya.
Hello Dada. Good to see you here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_rider View Post
SVK Rider, thanks for the review. To be honest i had been waiting for a thread on the RS for months. Since the pillion seat is shorter but softer than hness, which one would be better among the 350RS and single seat hness 350?
Wishing you happy and safe riding with Roven ��
Well this was something I had doubts also. I am 6.1 in height and slim build, and I do not face any issues with Pillion whats so ever. However I haven't done more than 100 kms with pillion yet, so unsure about the long distance capability for the pillion seat.
SVK Rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 15:22   #14
BHPian

The bike looks stunning in the pictures. Congratulations and wish you thousands of smiles with your Rowen. From the bikes you looked at and the decision you made, this is a practical, less complex, no non sense, easy going, effortless bike to live with in my humble opinion.

The service cost though on the higher side, includes synthetic oil and is something you may have to spend if you would want to keep the warranty intact, else if you are a DIY guy, you can try sourcing the spares and do the basic service yourself post the initial two years or so as the 350s are fairly simple machines and can be worked on with little to no difficulty and can be taken to the service center for valve check interval services.
raiuday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 16:01   #15
BHPian

Congratulations!

The CB350 range definitely has a fan following.

I was bitten by the bug too. Bought a H'ness in Jan 2021, would have bought the RS if it was available then.

8000 odd kilometers done on it and I'm looking for a buyer. I need more punch ya.
nutcracker is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks