Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2023, 17:02   #76

Re: OLA S1: Front Suspension breakage issue!

Has anyone been able to get the front arm replaced? I have been trying to schedule an appointment but keep getting a message saying no available slots.
Old 14th May 2023, 22:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
So the blog does not give clear information on the boundary conditions of the simulations. ...

One gripe I have is the new design starts with grey color and becomes blue while the older one starts with blue and shifts toward red in high-stress concentration areas. In the absence of an index, it is difficult to judge whether the same colors are used to indicate the same stress levels or not across the two designs. They should have been more thorough in regard to their engineering data presentation.
Hello advsteak,

Thank you for such an indepth analysis.

With this stress diagram, I am sure OLA has not tested/validated the earlier design. And they must be such scoundrels to hide the index. For one, without the color index, no one can judge the values. For one they could have applied lower forces got the second picture. Even without the index, the second picture shows that the design is under utilised to a large extent. why?

Sigh, losing more faith in OLA.
Old 15th May 2023, 16:38   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Hello advsteak,

With this stress diagram, I am sure OLA has not tested/validated the earlier design. And they must be such scoundrels to hide the index. For one, without the color index, no one can judge the values. For one they could have applied lower forces got the second picture. Even without the index, the second picture shows that the design is under utilised to a large extent. why?

Sigh, losing more faith in OLA.
I think its a little harsh to judge them to be scoundrels. Lets understand that no manufacturer will give out ALL details. Mistakes have been made by other manufacturers too. The important thing is to see how they react. At first they totally bungled it up with reports saying that it was not a defect. However, with the fix available to older vehicles also, they are sending an unspoken message that they accept the issue. The intent of the blog was to convince customers and people that they have actually fixed the issue and they are not just saying something in the air. That was the intent for which they gave out the design issue and the fix. Perhaps we will never be fully able to validate it.

However, looking from our (as customers) perspective, I believe that Ola has genuinely fixed the issue. And the proof is in the pudding. So, lets wait and watch for issues if any. That would be the single best way to say if the fix is working well or not.

Last edited by deep_bang : 15th May 2023 at 16:39.
Old 10th September 2023, 20:53   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
This is what happens when a software engineer runs an automobile company
No offence to any software guys but in my work related interaction with the IT Departments of all companies I've worked in the experience has been the same. Give them 3 problems to solve, they'll solve 2, say they'll revert with the solution to the 3rd an in the process of resolving the first 2, they'll introduce 3 more problems.

Quote:
decides to skimp on testing and QC so that he can ship the product faster with the assumption that improvements can be brought in through subsequent sprints.
Testing was probably done extensively by the Etergo Team and it appears that there is nothing wrong with the design. The issue here is almost certainly QC.

Quote:
Looking at the never ending issues and information available, you've got think twice before you buy an Ola scooter.
Well it looks like that problem is solved. There haven't been any more incidents of late.

Quote:
A big fool would be the venture capitalists who think that Ola under the leadership of Bhavish is a good place to invest - he's incapable of accepting criticism for his products and instead blames and threatens their customers.
His arrogance is one reason I wouldn't want to buy his products even though I say the first generation S1 Pro is an extremely well designed product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Unfortunately its me the impacted user.
Sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Anything designed and engineered in India is better than anything else in the world.
What's the basis of this statement?

Quote:
Let's not get into the cost cutting etc.
I'd say that was the primary cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
This is OLA S1 Air. They should had used the same front suspension right from the launch rather than risking there customers to be the beta testers.
I would disagree with that. Look the the Gen 2. The forks don't look so bad but the redesigned rear swingarm looks like a roadside garage modification.
The original design was really good. They just needed to improve QC and not do cost cutting.

Quote:
Full Marks to the team who handled the post accident phase till delivering the vehicle back to me.
Did they install the updated fork?

Quote:
See the area marked in Green, well that was an addition later from the original design which came with the scooter to me in Jan'22
Quote:
Now, I am told that the extra beefed up joint support is the new design for the front fork (Pointed by Green Arrow)

Looking at the evolution of the Front Fork, if there were no issues why did they change the design and when they did the change, why are they not going in for a mass recall to rectify the issue for all of us who trusted in the product ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev_junkie View Post
https://Youtu.be/zc-w53_6sCA

Looks like ola will be doing a recall for its scooters.
Finally a good move by Ola if this is indeed true. Need to wait for an official confirmation though.
Quote:
It is a compulsory upgrade, all impacted users were informed via registered WhatsApp and Email
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Not according to the communication. It is "optional" for those who have "concerns".
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUVwanderer View Post
Has anyone been able to get the front arm replaced? I have been trying to schedule an appointment but keep getting a message saying no available slots.
Whats the status of this? Have they replaced all the forks of the old scooters?

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 10th September 2023 at 20:54.
Old 11th September 2023, 10:11   #80
BHPian

Post the incident they replaced the front fork which eventually turned out to be of the old design itself. And then when they did an official recall( lot happened in the backend to make it happen though) for replacing the Front Fork Arm, I replaced it again with the new improvised Form Arm.

Barring couple of design flaws, which they could have fixed in version 1, they chose to ignore and few got addressed during Ver 2 and Air, but a perennial problem of a center stand still exist. It works pretty well for a point A to B City commute.
The mounting point for the Centre stand is a major design flaw, which will ensure that the GC of the vehicle reduces significantly thereby causing impact on the chassis each and everytime you cross the lunar surface ( read speed breakers of Namma Bengaluru) with a pillion. In comparison Vida V1 has such a well designed stand, built for purpose.

Last edited by soumobakshi : 11th September 2023 at 10:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks