Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2023, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Review | Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTitan View Post
I was going to join the meetup on Sunday, but had to drop off at the last minute. Are you guys planning a ride again this Saturday? Can I join?
Thanks! A few friends and I were planning to go to Mahabaleshwar, we'd love to have more people!
Prayaglele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 09:38   #17
BHPian

Many congratulations @Prayaglele on your beautiful purchase. Lovely colour.

My younger brother is also interested in SM650 and he might go for it soon.
RE surely has another trump card in its hands and this will be a massive hit. Many big brands with 650 cc options are going to lose their business; just what happened when RE had launched the 640 twins.

Please keep sharing your experiences to have good understanding of this product.

Since I also stay in Pune; hope to see you sometime.

Cheers
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 22:14   #18
BHPian

Hello Congratulations on the lovely new purchase. Out of curiosity where and when exactly did you make your booking? From what I know folks who made their booking at ridermania were supposed to get first delivery but quite a few of them are still awaiting with no timelines. Just wondering how your delivery got bounced ahead if you booked at the launch. Wishing you many great miles on the new wheels!!!
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
Hello Congratulations on the lovely new purchase. Out of curiosity where and when exactly did you make your booking? From what I know folks who made their booking at ridermania were supposed to get first delivery but quite a few of them are still awaiting with no timelines. Just wondering how your delivery got bounced ahead if you booked at the launch. Wishing you many great miles on the new wheels!!!
So I booked from Baner showroom on the day of the launch and from what I can tell the early delivery was probably due to the color choice as most of the rider mania bookings were either for the astral or celestial variants.
Old 23rd February 2023, 11:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase, the bike looks absolutely smashing. RE has off late also fixed a lot of electrical gremlins that Twins had and the bikes seem to be performing well now. This should last you the distance.

I wish RE had launched one all black edition too, would have looked amazing.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 09:21   #21
BHPian

Getting the first servicing done today, after which I'll find the time to do the horn upgrade. I will also get the ceramic coating done over the weekend as well. The seat is feeling like its getting better as others had mentioned as well.
Old 25th February 2023, 17:43   #22
BHPian

One look at this has made me want to ignore my bank account and tell RE to take my money. Thanks for the review, looking forward to joining you all on rides when I get my rear in the saddle once again!
Old 25th February 2023, 17:54   #23
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayaglele View Post
The seat is feeling like its getting better as others had mentioned as well.
Yes. Though I got the touring seat installed from the factory on my Interceptor, it feels much more comfortable with use. I have 2000 kms on the odo in less than a month and the seat has adapted to my behind or the other way around

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th February 2023 at 21:20. Reason: Fixed quote.
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 18:01   #24
BHPian

So completed the first servicing yesterday. Unfortunately since a gasket was unavailable, they did not adjust the tappets. Only the oil change and air filter check was done, along with a few general checks. They've said that there is some problem with the logistics of parts at the moment and they will call me as soon as they get them. Other than that have clocked a few hundred more kilometres and closing in on the 1000km mark. Nothing eventful as such and sentiments are the same
Prayaglele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 19:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
So completed the first servicing yesterday. Unfortunately since a gasket was unavailable, they did not adjust the tappets.
It took me a week to reach the 500km mark and had the first service done. Had contacted the service and RE regarding the gasket availability and whether the SM650 service protocols were in place(as it was the first in my city). Things were completed and the bike feels a lot smoother after the valve clearance.
Could you share your feedback whether your exhaust pipe head(near the flange where it connects to the engine)is having any discolouration? Mine has a brownish discolouration on both sides and its seems normal but asking for the feedback to ease my mind. Its my first RE and ownership concerns are endless
febz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 20:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
It took me a week to reach the 500km mark and had the first service done. Had contacted the service and RE regarding the gasket availability and whether the SM650 service protocols were in place(as it was the first in my city). Things were completed and the bike feels a lot smoother after the valve clearance.
Could you share your feedback whether your exhaust pipe head(near the flange where it connects to the engine)is having any discolouration? Mine has a brownish discolouration on both sides and its seems normal but asking for the feedback to ease my mind. Its my first RE and ownership concerns are endless
Yes the discolouration is normal as far as I know and its there on mine as well.
Prayaglele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 20:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the discolouration is normal as far as I know and its there on mine as well.
I think this is due to excess heat and poor chrome plating

I had this issue with my thunderbird twin spark where exhaust pipe near engine used to get yellowish but later I got it chrome plated since then the issue resolved
Old 5th March 2023, 22:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Turbo View Post
I think this is due to excess heat and poor chrome plating

I had this issue with my thunderbird twin spark where exhaust pipe near engine used to get yellowish but later I got it chrome plated since then the issue resolved
I am concerned about the chrome plating quality since it is the initial running in period (first 500) and I noticed it right after the first service. To be honest, there wasnt much of long drives and hard revving to tease the engine as well.
Should this be addressed to RE team?
Old 5th March 2023, 22:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I am concerned about the chrome plating quality since it is the initial running in period (first 500) and I noticed it right after the first service. To be honest, there wasnt much of long drives and hard revving to tease the engine as well.
Should this be addressed to RE team?
I think it would be worth addressing it to Royal Enfield but they would try to convince you stating it’s 650cc engine and it’s common in all vehicles

I doubt if Royal Enfield would do anything about it, if they don’t then the possible workaround would be to get it chrome plated at a reputed place
TM_Turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 22:30   #30

Quote:
It’s probably due to the heat that the brownish discolouration occurs. Have seen this on the exhaust of my CL 350 Reborn as well! I don’t think RE would go the extra mile and do anything about it as it’s considered normal.
themotohead_doc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks