Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 10:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Review | Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayaglele View Post
So completed the first servicing yesterday. Unfortunately since a gasket was unavailable, they did not adjust the tappets. Only the oil change and air filter check was done, along with a few general checks. They've said that there is some problem with the logistics of parts at the moment and they will call me as soon as they get them. Other than that have clocked a few hundred more kilometres and closing in on the 1000km mark. Nothing eventful as such and sentiments are the same
Congrats for the bike. No doubt it's a fantastic machine
I got mine delivered a few days back.

Wanted to ask you something about the rear brake. Do you hear a "Tak" sound when you apply the rear brake.

It happens only when you have moved the bike backwards and then apply the rear brake. After this when you move forward and apply the rear brake the sound comes. Seems like it is from the area where the assembly slides into the swing arm. It only comes once, subsequently if you apply the brake then the sound does not come until you again reverse the travel direction and apply the brake.

The whole rear disc assembly actually moves a bit back and forth and you can see it.

Do let me know if it happens with your bike also otherwise I will get it checked.

Happy munching miles and ride safe.

Last edited by Traveler : 15th March 2023 at 10:30.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 10:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Do let me know if it happens with your bike also otherwise I will get it checked.

Happy munching miles and ride safe.
I've not faced this issue as such, it may be specific to the bike you've received. If the assembly is moving it may be simply a loose screw? Perhaps an early first servicing would resolve this.

A general update : I've done a ceramic coating for the bike from turtle wax Aundh with a positive experience for 5500. I think this is essential to seal the tank design stickers in the long run.

I've also adjusted the front headlight and lowered the throw which now seems to be much better though visibility under streetlights could be better. This is more an issue with LEDs than the actual assembly to though.

The ride itself has become much smoother after crossing 1500kms and the suspension has softened as well, handling bumps in the city much much better.
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Review | Initial Ownership Report-img20230313211043.jpg

Last edited by manson : 27th March 2023 at 18:38.
Prayaglele is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 12:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've not faced this issue as such, it may be specific to the bike you've received. If the assembly is moving it may be simply a loose screw? Perhaps an early first servicing would resolve this.
Thanks, I will get it checked. Also sent you a PM. Kindly check.

Last edited by manson : 27th March 2023 at 18:38. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 23rd March 2023, 16:37   #34
BHPian

Congratulations Prayaglele on the bike, even I got mine delivered on 10th March and have about 550 KMS on odo. It brings smile on my face each time to rev it.

I have not yet received couple of accessories (Back rest and Windshield) that were ordered along with the bike on 16th Jan. My request to the dealer and RE is not making any progress. Need help from the forum here as we have our 15th anniversary ride planned and the bike was purchased for this (have a TB500 too)...

Did you get any of the accessories ordered and fitted by RE?
Old 24th March 2023, 15:46   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Congratulations Prayaglele on the bike, even I got mine delivered on 10th March and have about 550 KMS on odo. It brings smile on my face each time to rev it.

I have not yet received couple of accessories (Back rest and Windshield) that were ordered along with the bike on 16th Jan. My request to the dealer and RE is not making any progress. Need help from the forum here as we have our 15th anniversary ride planned and the bike was purchased for this (have a TB500 too)...

Congratulations on the purchase! Nearing two months on mine, I completely relate. Every time getting on it is still as much fun as it was the first time.

I too have not received the accessories yet. My understanding is that there is a problem with transport.
Old 25th March 2023, 18:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Update: Just received a call a couple of hours back that the accessories are here now and fitment will begin from Monday.
Old 26th March 2023, 01:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Just received a call a couple of hours back that the accessories are here now and fitment will begin from Monday.
Thanks for the update, will check with my dealer on Monday. By the way completed the first service and the bill came to 3.8K. Also it has come to my notice that a bike which was fueled at a Shell bunk had issues with Fuel indicator. Really enjoying the way bike reach's 80KMPH and it takes some effort to hit 120 KMPH, did not go beyond it as the bike is still without pillion back rest and wind shield. Do share your experiences.

Regard's,

Cannon
cannon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:23   #38

Quote:
Awesome. Waiting for the accessories at Bangalore. Took my bike home 10 days back. Planning to get a ceramic coating soon and buy some riding accessories as well. Posting pics of my bike
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Review | Initial Ownership Report-img20230326074044.jpg
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Review | Initial Ownership Report-img20230326071139.jpg
abouttoswift is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 07:45   #39
BHPian

So got some of the accessories installed yesterday, including windscreen, sump guard, oil filler cap and handle clamp. I didn't have the chance to go on a longer drive, but initial impressions of the flyscreen aren't great. The visibility through the screen is distorted and specifically at the viewing angle I prefer. So dodging potholes was a nightmare. That said will keep it on for a couple of days for longer rides and will comment again. The rest of the accessories are great in terms of fit and finish consistent with the rest of the bike. Still awaiting the compact engine guard
Prayaglele is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 11:46   #40
BHPian

Minor Update on the accessories :

I had the windscreen removed as visibility was horrendous due to the curve distortions, and also because after crossing 60kmph or so the wind hit to the helmet makes it shake violently making it unusable. Accordingly the accessories advisor was understanding enough to remove it and agreed to see if the meteor 350 screen fits and then accordingly if I find the display unit okay after a couple of days, they will install a new unit.

I also checked whether the horn could be replaced with the interceptor/continental unit but they have said no to it. Looks like after market by voiding the wiring warranty will have to be the way to go now.

I'll drop an update once this entire process is complete.
Prayaglele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 12:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I also checked whether the horn could be replaced with the interceptor/continental unit but they have said no to it. Looks like after market by voiding the wiring warranty will have to be the way to go now.
Hey buddy, i have installed the denali sound bomb mini on my SM650 and it works great, no cutting of wiring, just remove the old one and install this. Hope this helps.
865interceptor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 11:07   #42
BHPian

Completed a 700 KMS ride, the odo is at 1.4K. The engine performance and handling was awesome, the suspension definitely needs an upgrade. Had a tough time on the undulations and potholes on the road. The headlight throw can also be better. Looking for options to address these two shortcomings in the bike.
Old 16th April 2023, 20:43   #43
BHPian

Update on windscreen and horn :

Fitted the 350 metwor screen which works perfectly and will recommend to anyone who hasn't fitted the windscreen as well as others who are having issues with the default one. Completed two rides with it and the reduced windblast is noticeable without affecting visibility.

Also upgraded the horn to the denali sound bomb without any wire splitting and now satisfied.

Next planning to upgrade storage with single panniers or saddlebag. Yet to find a satisfactory solution. Looking for a quick mount dismount solution so I don't have to carry weight on my shoulders during inter city commutes as well as road trips. Considering tripmachine at the moment but still not sold.
Prayaglele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 22:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Update on windscreen and horn :

Fitted the 350 metwor screen which works perfectly and will recommend to anyone who hasn't fitted the windscreen as well as others who are having issues with the default one. Completed two rides with it and the reduced windblast is noticeable without affecting visibility.
Can you please share some pictures of he bike with the windshield, this will be really helpful. Thank you in advance!
Old 17th April 2023, 00:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Can you please share some pictures of he bike with the windshield, this will be really helpful. Thank you in advance!
These are the only ones I have as I havent had much of a chance
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Review | Initial Ownership Report-photo_20230417_002831.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Review | Initial Ownership Report-photo_20230417_002842.jpg  

Prayaglele is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks