Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2024, 22:33   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDx440Life View Post
Yes, the showroom did call me and ask to visit for the change. I did not get a chance to visit them as of yet. May go next week.
Got it done yesterday. It was hardware update(battery cover change), and a software update (firmware update for bosch ECU) for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Does anyone know about break in period? The user manual just explains all the features of the bike without going into riding and breaking-in of the bike. Anyway, keeping below 4K rpm till about 500-750kms.
See Page 26 of HD X440 user manual available online on Hero's website. Section "BREAK-IN RIDING RULES"

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th February 2024 at 22:43. Reason: As specified in the post
tkwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 00:47   #347
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson X440 Review

I forgot to include the prices in my previous post. Here is the price break-up

Ex-showroom price: 2,69,500
Registration and road tax: 56,907
Handling charges: 8,840
Insurance: Acko (Comprehensive with zero depreciation and Personal accident cover for rider and passenger): 18,644
Total: 3,53,391
Accessories: 4869

I was reviewing the receipts today and noticed some discrepancies. Following is the receipt I got for the ex-showroom price.

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-invoice_masked.jpg

As you can see, the invoice is for 2,67,501. Clearly, either the invoice is wrong or I need to get 2K refund!

Also, check the road tax receipt below:

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-road_tax_masked.jpg

The sale price mentioned in 2,79,500. This is also wrong since the invoice is for 2,67,501. So the road tax should be on this amount.

I have asked the dealership SA about this but frankly, don't have any hope for a reply. Will reply to HD official email ID.

Has anyone else noticed this in their invoices and tax receipts?

In other bike related news, I took a ride with my wife today and this bolt rolled from the bike as soon as I put it on the main stand. Does anyone know where this belongs to? I looked everywhere on the bike but couldn't figure it out.

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-bolt.jpg

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th February 2024 at 21:05. Reason: Minor typo. Fixed as requested. Also, please use caps where needed (e.g. i —> I)
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 18:13   #348
BHPian

Back to biking after a long long time...I had a first gen pulsar 180 which I sold after doing about 50K kms in 2007. Since then its been mostly car and occasional ride in suzuki access and BIL's pulsar 150.

I am planning to buy a bike and am stuck between Harley Davidson 440X and Honda CB350 DLX PRO. To decide the eventual choice, rented out 440X first. Will be renting Honda next week.

Rental was from Royal Brothers for 2 days and did a good 150 kms. Rode it in what would be daily commute road (kanakapura road > JP Nagar > BTM > Kora) and also did a fairly longish trip on NICE road and then to pyramid valley (a place I had never been to since its inception, despite being a local boy

Good:

- Torque, not having to shift to 1,2,3 at low speeds
- awesome pickup
- ease of handling

Not so Good:
- I am not used to "only toe shifters" and this caused a pain in the foot and ankles. Irrespective of bike, how do you deal with this problem?
- After about 1-1.5 hours of continuous ride, noticed slight hot air blowing on the right side
- had a difficulty in falling back to neutral. Both these issues could be related to only this particular rental bike. I had also tested it out from primea at Hosur Road, did not encounter these issues on the bike..

Folks, already owning the bike a question to you:

Is it possible to attach heal shifters ?
How comfortable are touring seats?
Attached Thumbnails
Harley-Davidson X440 Review-img_9537.jpg  

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-img_9506.jpg  

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-img_9515.jpg  

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-img_9514.jpg  

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-img_9505.jpg  

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-img_9532.jpg  

pranxter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 23:38   #349
BHPian

Quote:
As you can see, the invoice is for 2,67,501. Clearly, either the invoice is wrong or i need to get 2K refund!
Has anyone else noticed this in their invoices and tax receipts?
As expected, i haven't got any response from HD official email ID. But surprisingly, my SA was super quick to respond, although the answers weren't convincing, i appreciate his enthusiasm.

As per him, the tax amount is always calculated at prevailing ex-showroom price . In my case, it was 2,79,500. I don't agree but it is what it is.

As per the 2K, dependency in the bike invoice, he mentioned that some discount voucher is given for introductory prices and cess is calculated on new price. Anyway, i am not convinced but have decided to let is slide and just enjoy the bike

Quote:
In other bike related news, i took a ride with my wife today and this bolt rolled from the bike as soon as i put it on the main stand. Does anyone know where this belongs to? I looked everywhere on the bike but couldn't figure it out.

Attachment 2571838
Turns out this is from the main stand. The nut has fallen off and only the bolt was remaining. Tuskar harley was able to screw it back again!
Old 16th February 2024, 00:00   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the price break-up

Ex-showroom price: 2,69,500
Registration and road tax: 56,907
Handling charges: 8840
Insurance: Acko (Comprehensive with zero depreciation and Personal accident cover for rider and passenger): 18,644
Total: 5,53,391
Accessories: 4869
There seems to be a typo in this as the Total amount seems way higher for the X440 and doing rough maths it doesn’t add up.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 01:35   #351
BHPian

Quote:

As per him, the tax amount is always calculated at prevailing ex-showroom price . In my case, it was 2,79,500. I don't agree but it is what it is.

As per the 2K, dependency in the bike invoice, he mentioned that some discount voucher is given for introductory prices and cess is calculated on new price.
Hope you have seen this post that discuss how introductory prices are handled for deliveries after offer period
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5657358 (My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review)
Old 16th February 2024, 21:10   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
There seems to be a typo in this as the Total amount seems way higher for the X440 and doing rough maths it doesn’t add up.
Thanks for noticing the typo. I have got it corrected.

Also did anybody else receive this message for a voucher?

Looks like HD is giving free accessories. But I have already added everything except the windscreen!

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-null20240216wa0010.jpg
Old 16th February 2024, 21:13   #353

Got this whatsapp update from Harley Davindson India today. I had got all these accessories already installed. Why company came out for this offer so late. May be to discourage cancellations by those who are still waiting to get X440 delivery.

Last edited by tkwin : 16th February 2024 at 21:43.
Old 19th February 2024, 17:55   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwin View Post
Got this whatsapp update from Harley Davindson India today. I had got all these accessories already installed. Why company came out for this offer so late. May be to discourage cancellations by those who are still waiting to get X440 delivery.
Not everyone has got the same. I did my booking in July, but did not get this offer message. Also I paid 5k and have already got all the accessories installed at the time of delivery.
Saw the latest video from Happiest life and it was an eye opener I was surprised to hear and see that Hero service centre has spares available and service and repair charges are also low when compared to HD service centres.

Has anyone got service done in local hero dealership. How’s the experience?.In our HD what’s app group I saw few folks call out that first service at HD Tusker is costing 3.4K.

Last edited by Dushie : 19th February 2024 at 17:57.
Old 21st February 2024, 10:53   #355
BHPian

I went, I saw and I booked

Following up on the rental experience above, I tested CB350, it was good. But the weight management, Torque at low speeds and ride experience was differentiator.I called up Tusker and they said wait time is 3 months, somewhere in this thread, bhpian mentioned that there were few bikes at Hero showroom. So I called up the closest dealer and went there to check.

Anyone wanting to book, Hero Motors (Sai Hero) at Banashankari 3rd stage has few bikes available for sale, he is one of the authorised dealer. These are manufactured in 2024..
pranxter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:39   #356
BHPian

I just got a couple of aftermarket accessories installed and feel the bike is complete now. I got a larger wind screen installed, as my kid sits in front sometimes, and this larger screen will protect him from the wind blast.

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-hdx3.jpg

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-hdx2.jpg

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-hdx1.jpg

It's been 4 months since I got delivery of my bike and have not missed my KTM even once! That's the kind of power and handling this bike offers... It grows on you, and you fall in love with it.
HDx440Life is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 22:51   #357
BHPian

HDx440Life from where in Bengaluru did you get it done? What all did you fit? can you give the breakup of price as well. Visor looks better than the original one from HD.

I am planning to get Backrest, touring seat, bash plate and engine guard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDx440Life View Post
I just got a couple of aftermarket accessories installed and feel the bike is complete now. I got a larger wind screen installed, as my kid sits in front sometimes, and this larger screen will protect him from the wind blast.

Attachment 2575506

Attachment 2575507

Attachment 2575508

It's been 4 months since I got delivery of my bike and have not missed my KTM even once! That's the kind of power and handling this bike offers... It grows on you, and you fall in love with it.
Old 23rd February 2024, 00:22   #358
BHPian

Touring seat, bash plate and engine guard are genuine OEM accessories. I got mine fitted at Tuskar Harley. They said backrest needs to be installed outside.

Is anyone else having issues connecting the mobile app to the bike? Mine partially connects and shows fuel, kms etc. I can also scan and geofence and track the bike. However, turn by turn navigation and call/music does not work. My phone did connect to the bike while taking delivery and SA showed me on the console my phone battery and mobile signal strength. However, the app hasn't connected to the bike ever since.

The folks at Tuskar Harley asked me to clear app data and try. But still doesn't work. It just says 'Disconnected' and keeps trying to connect. I get an option to 'Connect' and clicking that doesn't have any effect.
Old 23rd February 2024, 01:42   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranxter View Post
HDx440Life from where in Bengaluru did you get it done? What all did you fit? can you give the breakup of price as well. Visor looks better than the original one from HD.
Got it done from Favorite Care & Bike Accessories, located at #3, 1st Cross, Journalist Colony, JC Road, Bangalore. Cell # 7019005450/9886067281.

The Visor was for Rs.1920
Large size back support for Rs. 1360
The Carrier & fitting plate for Rs. 1560+450

This is the smoky visor. They also have a clear and complete black one. Got this as it allows me to see the road ahead and does not block the view. The visor gives the bike a big bike feel. I suggest getting the engine bash plate from Harley. You also get sturdy crash guards at the Favorite shop.
HDx440Life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 01:44   #360
BHPian

Do you have a iPhone? I've heard some people getting issues with Apple devices; however, the bike software update seems to fix the issue.

Last edited by HDx440Life : 23rd February 2024 at 01:46. Reason: This is in response to naveenvenkatesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks