Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 14:02   #211
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson X440 Review

Does anyone here have a breakup of the bike pricing in Bangalore? I was quoted 3.5lac on road at the time of booking and it's now 3.64lac. The deliveries start in 10 days and still no breakup of the pricing. On a side note, I wonder how the difference between ex showroom and on road can be around 1 lac.
Old 4th October 2023, 16:43   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDx440Life View Post
Does anyone here have a breakup of the bike pricing in Bangalore? I was quoted 3.5lac on road at the time of booking and it's now 3.64lac. The deliveries start in 10 days and still no breakup of the pricing. On a side note, I wonder how the difference between ex showroom and on road can be around 1 lac.
Please have a look at the below thread, I shared this on 1st August, should help to answer some of your queries.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5596282 (Harley-Davidson X440 Review)
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 18:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Please have a look at the below thread, I shared this on 1st August, should help to answer some of your queries
Thank you! I wanted to be sure because it seemed so high compared to other states. Add to this at least 4-5k for fresh guard, engine protector

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th October 2023 at 18:42. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 4th October 2023, 20:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! I wanted to be sure because it seemed so high compared to other states. Add to this at least 4-5k for fresh guard, engine protector
I think the cost would be over 5k for the engine protector and Leg guard as its an accessory and not part of standard equipment. Also a back seat rest is also needed so that would also be added once available. Not sure the are providing a saree guard as that is mandatory Overall accessories would easily hit 10k.
Old 6th October 2023, 09:44   #215
BHPian

Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind a Sari guard being a mandatory part of the bike and the much more important, engine and leg guard, being an accessory? I honestly haven't ever known anyone who won't buy an engine guard and neither have I known anyone who doesn't hate their Sari guard.
Old 6th October 2023, 10:12   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestindian View Post
Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind a Sari guard being a mandatory part of the bike and the much more important, engine and leg guard, being an accessory? I honestly haven't ever known anyone who won't buy an engine guard and neither have I known anyone who doesn't hate their Sari guard.
Afaik, saree guard is mandatory in India for all bikes. Hence we always get one with the bike. Did you know you can get fined for removing the saree guard?
This rule is probably outdated and the government should consider updating it.
Old 6th October 2023, 10:14   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A saree guard is a RTO requirement and no 2W can be sold in India without it; hence every 2W, be it scooter or superbike, built in India or brought in as CBU, gets one.

Everything else is sold as an accessory, so it doesn't jack up the price of the vehicle; and can be sold at healthy margins.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 14:31   #218
BHPian

Are the deliveries from Oct 15 only for the Harley showrooms? Has anyone received any news from the selected Hero showroooms?

I called the RT Krishna autos (Hero), Bangalore to check on delivery and the person said test ride bikes will come only next month and deliveries will start from Nov 15. Either that person is not aware and randomly gave some dates or HD is not managing this properly.
Old 6th October 2023, 16:08   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Are the deliveries from Oct 15 only for the Harley showrooms? Has anyone received any news from the selected Hero showroooms?

I called the RT Krishna autos (Hero), Bangalore to check on delivery and the person said test ride bikes will come only next month and deliveries will start from Nov 15. Either that person is not aware and randomly gave some dates or HD is not managing this properly.
I was also looking for info on this. No calls yet. I had given RT Krishna as the dealer as it was fairly close compared to Tusker Harley. Wonder if that was a mistake. I did the booking maybe 1-2 hrs. after the booking link went live. So pretty sure my booking is somewhere near the top. Hope they still maintain First Come First Serve irrespective of the dealer.
Old 6th October 2023, 23:02   #220

Test Drive and Communications with Tusker Harley-Bengaluru:

I booked the x440s on 8-Jul-23 and after a long wait, finally got a chance to test drive on 9-Sep-23. It was a Saturday morning and I was the first one to take a test ride on the vivid Red variant with a pillion. The ride was around 15-20 minutes covering approx. 5-6 km. Though it's not easy to judge the performance in such a short ride, still I will try to be more realistic.

Engine Performance- The initial and mid-range pull is really awesome. You will feel the 38NM@4000 torque and the pillion needs a back-support for sure. Use any gear and it will be a clean pull. I was unable to use the top gear due to traffic situation, so can't comment upon the triple digit stability. There was no engine heat as such after the 20 minutes ride. Even, I have touched the engine post my TD and it was just a bit warm.

Suspension and Weight Distribution- Me along with pillion, the load was around 170kg on the bike. The rear suspensions are on a softer side and the front ones are on a stiffer side. Tried on few bad patches, speed breakers along with variable speeds. To my surprise, it really performed well. You won't feel the 191kg weight of the bike during normal traffic. I am more of a calm rider, so not even tested the bending/cornering stability.

Riding Comfort- I believe this is where the x440 shines. The upright posture, wider grips, punchy throttle response, optimal NVH levels, clean pull, softer gear shifts, smooth clutch- all added up to a great riding experience. I was a RE Bullet-350 UCE owner and there the exhaust thump was more calm. In comparison, x440 has more loudish-bassy note. I am in love with the thump in 2000-5000 rpm range. The all-digital display was crisp and clear.

Visuals- I liked the fit and finish of the bike. Things have improved a lot from the initial display version. The front profile is definitely a Harley-Davidson. The side profile is more like a regular commuter, majorly due to the exhaust. The long-stroke engine is definitely the plus as per visuals are concerned. The rear profile is okay but can be enhanced after installation of billion back-rest. All LED set-up is just amazing. The overall road presence can be felt for sure.

Competitors- I had extensive TD of Speed 400, RE Bullet/Classic 350, Duke 390. I strongly feel, the nature of x440 resembles more with RE Bullet/Classic 350. You will get better power, suspension, tubeless tyres and all LED set-up. However, the calmness of RE Bullet 350 is admirable. The Speed 400 and Duke 390 should be put in a different league with high-revv engines. If you are looking for a calm machine and vintage look, then RE Bullet/Classic 350 should be the choice. On the other hand, if you are looking for a high-adrenaline ride with sporty look, then Duke 390 should be the choice. The Speed 400 is more of a mid-path between the two with high-revv engine and roadster looks. I can recall the initial Pulsar 150 with round headlight after looking at the Speed 400. The internet is full of comparison between Speed 400 and x440, but I am not at all able to compare the 2 bikes apart from the roadster looks.
The x440 displays it's character with torque, comfort and most importantly the exhaust note from a single-cylinder ICE

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th October 2023 at 15:09. Reason: Minor formatting edit. Made headings bold to improve readability.
CoreDeduction is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 22:48   #221
BHPian

I am not sure if we are allowed to share link to external website hence, suggesting reading a nice article by Autocar titled 'Opinion: Who has the last laugh?'.

In short, it says - "Triumph’s booking numbers were expectedly good, but Harleys were even better."
HDx440Life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 07:56   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Man over machine preference in CMVR (Central Motor Vehicle Rules) by government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkar228 View Post
Afaik, saree guard is mandatory in India for all bikes. Hence we always get one with the bike. Did you know you can get fined for removing the saree guard?
This rule is probably outdated and the government should consider updating it.
One correction, it's the rule on bike with pillion rider capacity only. The rule is mandatory for saree guard or pillion grab rail on side or back of pillion. Also, what is your take when you said the word "outdated" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
A saree guard is a RTO requirement and no 2W can be sold in India without it; hence every 2W, be it scooter or superbike, built in India or brought in as CBU, gets one.
I doubt they are doing this check, but good if they do it as this is a safety checkpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post

Customers already are intimated about deliveries through WhatsApp, may be this person from the dealership is not aware of this update that time.

Quote:
I am not sure if we are allowed to share link to external website hence, suggesting reading a nice article by Autocar titled 'Opinion: Who has the last laugh?'.

In short, it says - "Triumph’s booking numbers were expectedly good, but Harleys were even better."
You can very well share the links of source on what you represent in the forum. I have shared the link on what you thought to share here
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 10:03   #223

I got a chance to discuss on the “accessories” and “delivery formalities” with the Tusker-Harley showroom representative. Points discussed:-

-As of now, the company is providing only mirrors, silencer heat sink plates, side-stand as default.
-Main stand is a part of accessories. Company advertised the 170mm GC without the centre stand and after installation of the centre stand the GC is approx. 155mm. But it’s really easy to pull-put the bike on centre stand (tested during TD, weight was never felt).
-Multiple showrooms requested Hero/Harley to include the saree guard as part of standard fitment, but due to cost factors, that may not be included in the initial lot (₹2.29L starting lot). But the next lot may get that as standard fitment.
-Engine guard, sump guard will be available as accessories during initial lot delivery. Pillion back-rest, saree guard, customisable foot rest, customisable mirrors, wind-shield etc. to follow.
-The geo-fencing and other connected features with top model will be available for free initially, but may be a paid service down the line (may be post 2 years)
-Showroom will call and intimate the customers as and when the vehicle is allocated by company. Customer can make payment and complete formalities during vehicle transit from plant.
-In Bengaluru, Karnataka the RTO is creating unnecessary trouble for BH-series number plate registration for Private-Company employees, though they have presece in 4+ states. But, the showroom is still checking on case to case basis with RTO.
CoreDeduction is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 13:32   #224
BHPian

I am glad if the saree guard is not included! It saves the 5 minutes hassle of removing it.

On Karnataka creating hassle in getting BH series number, I can say that it creates hassle and obstacles everywhere! FYI... Karnataka is one of the few states that does not have an option to apply for special number online. You can see the series online but need to get an agent or run around for the number you desire.
Old 9th October 2023, 22:12   #225

Finally got a price list for Kolkata. Final price is 332987
Insurance is around 24.5k and Registration is almost 40k for the top model.

Also they have provided saree guard as a standard.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley-Davidson X440 Review-1000047277.jpg  

Khukhan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks