Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 11:24   #16
BHPian

sabretoothe-thats a beautiful restoration done without going overboarding in modjob, congrats.
Old 15th August 2007, 12:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
sabretoothe-thats a beautiful restoration done without going overboarding in modjob, congrats.
Thanks a lot...the idea was to keep the bike as much stock as possible and at the same time adding correct after market accessories..
Old 15th August 2007, 14:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

now that's a helluva job. Congrats! When's phase2 starting?
Old 16th August 2007, 00:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
now that's a helluva job. Congrats! When's phase2 starting?
thanks again...actually phase to requires a lot of brainstroming,mix and match and trial and error methods...hence we are currently trying to attach the Pulsar 200 wheels to the existing suspension...and then figure out a way to fit the Pulsar220 tyres...

There was a little glitch with the engine...the bike had stalled suddenly...everything was fine...only that it wont start...we invited Kinetic's Service Engineer Mr.Chandra Shekhar to Anil's workshop where both Anil and Mr.Shekhar after 2 hours of problem hunting figured out that the magneto key was broken...now Mr.Shekhar has assured us that he will arrange the tiny part...also he will try to arrange an original gear shifter kit of the Gf125...currently I'm using the one from Karizma(again mix and match)...
Old 16th August 2007, 15:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Thanks a lot..straight line stability is perfect..cornering will take a little practice though..
You might want to lower the rear ride height a bit. Although it looks cool, it will help little with cornering; since the entire bike's weight is pushed to the front end and the rear goes light when you tip the bike into a corner. Hence, you may find the rear slipping and sliding all over the place while leaned over. What setting are you using on the Unicorn monoshock?? I reckon medium is the best mix for city and spirited riding.
Old 16th August 2007, 16:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
You might want to lower the rear ride height a bit. Although it looks cool, it will help little with cornering; since the entire bike's weight is pushed to the front end and the rear goes light when you tip the bike into a corner. Hence, you may find the rear slipping and sliding all over the place while leaned over. What setting are you using on the Unicorn monoshock?? I reckon medium is the best mix for city and spirited riding.
very good point...actually the pics I've posted have been taken immediately after we assembled the bike...we've been experimenting with the shocker settings and ride height...currently it's set to soft and hence that explains the increased height...I'am planning to make the suspension a little stiffer probably set it to medium and decrease the height of the rear overhang...that will certainly enhance cornering...
Old 18th November 2007, 22:50   #22
BHPian

Final Picture: My re-styled Kinetic GF 170 Laser sporting custom paint job, 3 stage clip on handlebars, rear mono shock absorber, lighter flywheel, half-cut chain cover, shortened rear mud-guard, redsigned rear suspension system and lastly custom fabricated "rearset" front footpegs with GF125 shifter kit and brake lever....

[Bandwidth Warning : Large Image]

Last edited by sabret00the : 18th November 2007 at 22:54.
Old 19th November 2007, 11:02   #23
BHPian

Wow, a nice job dude, any headlight upgrades done, or else you are on the stock 35/35w. if you a get a pair of 60/55w with getting the coil rewinded, your bike would be a complete man.

EDIT: osram bulbs would be good.

Last edited by praJEEP : 19th November 2007 at 11:08. Reason: just added info about the bulbs
Old 19th November 2007, 11:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
very good point...actually the pics I've posted have been taken immediately after we assembled the bike...we've been experimenting with the shocker settings and ride height...currently it's set to soft and hence that explains the increased height...I'am planning to make the suspension a little stiffer probably set it to medium and decrease the height of the rear overhang...that will certainly enhance cornering...
nice job dude, any headlight mods carried out, a pair of 60/55w bulb with getting your bike's coil rewinded would be great, your bike will become a complete man though..
Old 19th November 2007, 11:44   #25
BHPian

^^ thanks man..but dont you think a pair 60/55w would actually burn the reflectors since each headlamp is really small in size..
Old 19th November 2007, 11:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
^^ thanks man..but dont you think a pair 60/55w would actually burn the reflectors since each headlamp is really small in size..
Try out, i think you have to replace the stock regulator with a new one which supports the 60/55w bulb. i am running my cbz ex on 60/55w osram. just contact a good auto electrical guyz, they might help you out.
Old 19th November 2007, 14:04   #27
BHPian

looks like its worth a shot...let me consult my mechanic..
Old 19th November 2007, 22:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

the pictures look really good after the restoration, i would say why not add mag wheels and a longer swing-arm too, it will make the bike look really awesome then!
Old 19th November 2007, 23:53   #29
BHPian

^^^ thanks a lot dude...I'm planning to upgrade to the P200 alloys and tires but I guess I would like to change the stock swingy although I know that's not that longer..
Old 21st November 2007, 16:03   #30
BHPian

sabretoothe-like reider60 suggested,mag wheels would really spruce up the looks of the current work.please consider doing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks