Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 13:29   #31
BHPian

gr8 work sabret00the

I also have a GF170 Laser, it was standing still for 1.5 years as I was out of India. Now I am trying to find parts for more than a month. How did you manage to get all the parts? do you have any contact that I can use in Pune?
Old 31st December 2007, 02:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
sabretoothe-like reider60 suggested,mag wheels would really spruce up the looks of the current work.please consider doing it.

I'am currently working on that but there are a few problems. 1stly you dont get alloys avaiable in the market that would fit on a Laser. No one makes them. You'll have to get them custom made...2ndly even if i get the alloys they'll be 18"...I'am planning to go for 90/90 17" in front and 120/80" 17" for the rear...just need to know I could get somebody to make custom alloys for my bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
gr8 work sabret00the

I also have a GF170 Laser, it was standing still for 1.5 years as I was out of India. Now I am trying to find parts for more than a month. How did you manage to get all the parts? do you have any contact that I can use in Pune?
thanks buddy...

I would like you to check you p.m. - I have sent you the phone number of my contact....but remember one thing I always order in bulk....

Last edited by sabret00the : 31st December 2007 at 02:11.
Old 31st December 2007, 10:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

you just need a good modder not a retro fitting alloys! you can surely put in the P200's alloys checkout my album, i have, put in zma alloy son my unicorn, its just that you need a guy who know what is doing.

well the rest will be taken care of!
Old 31st December 2007, 11:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
you just need a good modder not a retro fitting alloys! you can surely put in the P200's alloys checkout my album, i have, put in zma alloy son my unicorn, its just that you need a guy who know what is doing.

well the rest will be taken care of!
well the guy who works on my bike is an excellant modder..infact we tried the P220 alloys but that requires inserting a bush to the axle. This might result in reliability issues...further my disc plate wont fit on the alloy as the points dont match. Further, the zma alloys perfectly set on the CBZ, CBZ extreme, Unicorn as they share most of the axle designs,etc
Old 1st January 2008, 02:45   #35
BHPian

Thanks for the PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
1stly you dont get alloys avaiable in the market that would fit on a Laser. No one makes them. You'll have to get them custom made...2ndly even if i get the alloys they'll be 18"...
My mechanic has installed alloys on his Laser. I will check with him and get back to you in a couple of days.
Old 1st January 2008, 11:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Thanks for the PM.

My mechanic has installed alloys on his Laser. I will check with him and get back to you in a couple of days.
Thanks a lot bro...I appreciate this very much...also try to post some pics if possible
Old 31st May 2010, 01:57   #37
BHPian

Sorry for digging up this old thread...

Well I had to abandon the restoration project mid way due to lack of spare parts and lack of time.

I have once again identified the least amount of things that I need to source to get the bike engine running. Sourced some parts by continuously bugging and chasing with Kinetic. Biggest problem is that Kinetic is now a Mahindra company so chances of sourcing spares is even rare. Anyways, I'm betting on GF125 parts from ebay.com and spare parts from other bikes. It also helps to check out the local 2nd hand spares market ;-)

Using this pic as a inspiration for now:

Spares gathered so far:

Last edited by sabret00the : 31st May 2010 at 02:01.
Old 30th May 2016, 18:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photoblog of my Kinetic Laser mods...

What is the current status of this bike? The GF125 & 170 were amazing bikes for their time. Sadly they never sold very well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks