Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 18:52   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda NX500 to be launched in India soon. Edit: Launched at 5.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Medic View Post
The Himalayan 450 is brilliant with one Achilles heel. The vibes between 100 and 115 is real. There are two ways around it. Stay in 5th gear when the speedo is in between 100 and 115. Or don't go above 100.

Apart from that , the Himalayan is a no brainer. Completed 900kms in 5 days and loving every bit of it. That behemoth leans through lonavala flowing corners at 125kph like nobody's business. And the suspension is pure bliss. Everything works as it should.
Totally agree. I have clocked 3500 kms so far on my bike. This is the character of the engine. It is more of a buzz than a vibration but yes, it is intrusive and if you're cruising in this power band it will lead to a numb wrist/fingers.

Other than that, the suspension is mind-blowing, the gearbox is slick, seats two people very comfortably, brakes are very good, you can pretty much tour all day without much fatigue. Comparing this to the NX500 is like apples to oranges. The NX is 2x the price compared to the 450 and IMHO it is quite well priced too. Honda badging, premium feel, twin cylinder refinement, etc.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th March 2024 at 18:53.
n_aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 13:17   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinbalachand View Post
Hi,

Anyone here has booked the white option? I am beginning to get a little concerned as to the lack of news of it's arrival. My dealer said May or June but he said he has not received any confirmation from Honda

Is anyone here booked and waiting for the white to release?
Hey,
I have gone ahead and booked the white at Bigwing Hennur. I am told it should be available my May. So will have to wait and see!
Starscream1188 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 20:19   #258
BHPian

I haven't test ridden it yet, but just had a feel of it, and I'm already blown away. I own an Interceptor 650, and I am tall at 6'2". I find my bike to be very uncomfortable. I test rode the Himalayan and 390 ADV, but didn't like either as both felt unrefined compared to the twin I currently ride. I know that with similar power figures, it won't feel like an upgrade in the engine department, but still, a part of my heart suggests I should go ahead with the NX. My budget is limited, and I don't want to take a pre-owned route. I feel our market still lacks good options for people like me.
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:33   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I test rode the Himalayan and 390 ADV, but didn't like either as both felt unrefined compared to the twin I currently ride. I know that with similar power figures, it won't feel like an upgrade in the engine department, but still, a part of my heart suggests I should go ahead with the NX. My budget is limited, and I don't want to take a pre-owned route. I feel our market still lacks good options for people like me.
I too wanted to go for a 2 cylinder motorcycle, before getting the H450. Would have gone for the Int650 but the H450 made it feel like the bike of a bygone era. Also the H450 is a good single garage bike which you can take anywhere. RE has given the Himalayan 450 with 90-95% of the ADV goods at HALF the price, that is a massive sum of money for anyone considering to get an entry level ADV. Of course, the NX500 is a great bike (one which I would have thought of buying had it been around 4.5 lakhs ex-s/r).

It is really simple, people with budget of 6-7 lakhs OTR should go for the NX500 as it is really refined and has the legendary Honda reliability and quality. For others, like me, with limited budget, the Himalayan 450 is an amazing offering at an insane price point. I am 5'10" and am simply loving it, usually take it on the Expressway and it goes pretty well. Having owned 2 stroke Suzuki Shogun and Shaolin in the past, the vibes are not much of a hassle for me, would be great if RE can sort them out but definitely not a deal breaker at this price point.
ds.raikkonen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 14:56   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddensandy View Post
I have put off my buying decision for a few months due to upcoming travel & office commitments but most likely buy one by the mid of this year, preferably in black.

Thanks & happy motoring!
So finally bit the bullet and booked the NX500 with Honda Bigwing Topline on Wednesday. Asked for delivery not sooner than May considering my travel schedule in April & May.

Have to take my family (my son actually) to make a color choice between the 3 offered and will do after the white arrives in May.

Also planning helmet upgrade during my travel (US & Europe) and any pointers here for trustworthy websites or stores is welcome (Amsterdam, Munich & Seattle), thanks for the help!!
Old 30th March 2024, 16:27   #261
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. For USA, ChampionHelmets.COM is the best. Besides the wide range, they also post exhaustive reviews for every helmet on YT
Quote:
Originally Posted by suddensandy View Post
Also planning helmet upgrade during my travel (US)
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 17:37   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats. For USA, ChampionHelmets.COM is the best. Besides the wide range, they also post exhaustive reviews for every helmet on YT
Yeah, been a regular viewer of their YT reviews but aren't they are a European firm? Cyclegear is close to where I am going in US and because they are part of Revzilla group, will look for sale items there.

Going from current SOL, I need a quiet & light helmet. Had almost bought AGV's Tourmodular during my last trip because it was on 50% sale at the time but the weight put me off. FC moto has Scorpion EXO 1400 on sale for my size, will try to pick that up!
Old 7th April 2024, 12:01   #263
BHPian

Can the owners share details of aftermarket accessories that they have installed?
Are any Indian aftermarket accessories brands selling/ or in the process of manufacturing?
What I understand is the following set of accessories are a must.
Lower Engine guard
Upper Crash Guard
Bash plate
Handlebar risers
Saddle stay
Rear base plate for top rack
Main stand
The accessories list that Honda shared was astronomical in pricing.
Old 7th April 2024, 12:11   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Are any Indian aftermarket accessories brands selling/ or in the process of manufacturing?
Carbon Racing has announced their prices and is currently on pre-order- https://carbonracing.in/collections/...00-accessories
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 10:10   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Hey,
I have gone ahead and booked the white at Bigwing Hennur. I am told it should be available my May. So will have to wait and see!
UPDATE!
Honda does not want to launch the white till July as per the dealerships.
What I do not understand is while they have already launched the product and offered 3 colors, How can they withhold a color and call it a separate launch? Beats me! Not sure what Honda wants to do.!

It is quite disappointing the way these guys are going about launch and delivery, while the launch happened in Jan from what info I am able to get from the dealership looks like delivery for the white will not commence until Aug'24!

What a shame Honda! I booked the bike and sold my current ride too and now have to wait with no definitive timelines

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th April 2024 at 18:50.
Old 8th April 2024, 11:37   #266
Senior - BHPian

White is the most 'in demand' colour overseas, so there is probably a supply crunch. I doubt if it's a separate launch.
Quote:
UPDATE!
Honda does not want to launch the white till July as per the dealerships
Old 9th April 2024, 18:03   #267
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
UPDATE!
Honda does not want to launch the white till July as per the dealerships.
What I do not understand is while they have already launched the product and offered 3 colors, How can they withhold a color and call it a separate launch?
Beats me! Not sure what Honda wants to do.!
It is quite disappointing the way these guys are going about launch and delivery, while the launch happened in Jan from what info I am able to get from the dealership looks like delivery for the white will not commence until Aug'24!
What a shame Honda! I booked the bike and sold my current ride too and now have to wait with no definitive timelines
Damn! Booked the white on Jan 20th. It is going to be 3 months this 20th. An August launch would push that wait to 6 months!

I am on a NX 500 international forum on facebook and I just saw someone post a badly rusted silencer on a NX 500 :(

It made me wonder how much of cost cutting has honda done :( !

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th April 2024 at 18:49. Reason: Caps please where needed.
ashwinbalachand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 13:48   #268
BHPian

Has anyone received their NX500 after the initial January/February batches? I’m struggling to get clear information from the Pune dealer, and it's quite frustrating.

Thanks!
Old 13th April 2024, 16:19   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Has anyone received their NX500 after the initial January/February batches? I’m struggling to get clear information from the Pune dealer, and it's quite frustrating.

Thanks!
Surprising as the Pune dealer was quite open with me. They have about 35 open bookings presently. Honda has not supplied them with any new bikes after the initial batch (Am not sure when this was). A new batch is expected in May first week and some bikes will be allocated to Pune but they do not expect this to clear their backlog. They are expecting that any Red or Black bookings done this month will be delivered by June end or so.

Last edited by timuseravan : 13th April 2024 at 16:20.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 17:41   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Surprising as the Pune dealer was quite open with me.
Appreciate your response. It seems we have different expectations from the dealership. What you’re describing doesn’t sound like openness; it sounds like the same vague assurances we’ve been hearing for months. What I’m really after is concrete information, not just another round of hopeful predictions.

The projected timelines from the Pune dealer have been shifting since January without specific updates. It’s become a bit of a pattern where promises of stock next month haven’t materialized.

I’ll hopefully be able to trust the dealership’s update only when they provide me with a clear indication of when *my* bike will be arriving and when they ask me to make a payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks