Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 20:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Motorbikes - Tips to prevent rust in Monsoon

Dear fellow team-bhpian's I tried and searched all the possible sections of team-bhp but did not find any thread which was relevant to my query and hence i am posting my query out here regarding rusting or corrosion pertaining to Bikes!
I have a BAJAJ pulsar 220F August 2011 model and have clocked 5400 kms till date since i use my bike for only local rides around my home area and a week end long drive of about 50 to 75 kms. It is regularly serviced at Authorised BAJAJ service outlets and is like a New Bike till date.
Coming to my Query, Recently i visited a exide battery authorised service outlet and got the electrolyte of the battery refilled (as it was a little low) but the service person with/without his knowledge filled the electrolyte to the battery's brim and ever since then the battery electrolyte started leaking out from the battery. Luckily the drain pipe was also installed during the refilling (on my request) but after about a week i noticed that the bike's main (centre) stand has started getting corroded (rusted) for which i immediately exchanged the old exide (acid) battery to Amaron (Dry) Battery and applied about two coats of black spray paint to the rusted area of the main (centre) stand but even after doing so the stand is getting rusted at the same area again after a week with certain whitish powder like formation and also brown rust at the spot which was seen even when the rust had just started on the stand!
Should i replace the main (centre) stand which costs about Rs.400 or is their a way i can restore the existing stand as the rust has just started developing only on the surface of the the corroded area of the stand? Please help.
Respected Moderator's kindly move this post to an appropriate section if its not deserving to be asked here.
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Rakshith.
Old 16th February 2014, 00:50   #47
BHPian

Rub the affected area clean with a sand paper, apply red oxide on it, then paint it with oil paint. You may have to dismantle it depending upon extent of corrosion and accessibility.
Old 25th November 2021, 11:34   #48

Anti rust coating for CB350 RS silencer

hi everyone,
I have recently purchased a CB350RS and would like to get your suggestions in terms of silencer protection from rust. I live in Chennai which is prone to corrossion. Thank you

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th November 2021 at 13:16. Reason: Merged with existed thread. Please use search before opening new thread.
Old 25th November 2021, 13:20   #49
Team-BHP Support

Re: Anti rust coating for CB350 RS silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju.bala View Post
hi everyone,
I have recently purchased a CB350RS and would like to get your suggestions in terms of silencer protection from rust. I live in Chennai which is prone to corrossion. Thank you
Best option is to keep it clean and dry (as much as possible). Since it is silencer and gets got even smearing oil will help only so much. On the other hand the oil getting hot and burned on the pipes can leave much more scar than help prevent anti rust. Unless you find some kind of heat resistant clear coat, nothing much one can do, apart from keeping the chrome clean frequently.
Old 28th November 2021, 12:41   #50

Bikesocial / bennets bike has done extensive testing on several corrosion / rust protectors. In the UK the motorcyclists ride a LOT in the rain / moist conditions (similar to Chennai minus the heat). Hopefully this video will help you. Personally I have been using Scottoiler FS365 and am quite happy with tt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks