Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2005, 21:33   #31
BHPian

You've got only two choices man, P180 or the Karizma and that is if you're only looking for power, if you're looking for a comfortable commuter bike, go with the Unicorn. I mean we don't have a damn choice in India man. Its really frustrating. Anyway, here's my opinion.
P180- its got the power, to an extent the looks and handling. But, quality is EL CHEAPO, so is the damn service they give. Its not a very refined product. Vibration, clutch actuation, gear shift these are the common problem areas. Unless, you can live with these problems, DO NOT BUY THE PULSAR. If you are willing to spend that extra bucks go for the Karizma, you will not regret it.
A compromise would be the Unicorn, but, there is a waiting period.
Forget the CBZ, its history. So finally its you who has to decide. I somehow liked the first generation Pulsar180.
Go for the Karizma man, enough of deciding, go for it. If you need any feedback on the Karizma, sent me a PM.
Old 23rd February 2005, 16:31   #32

pulsar neday man
go for it.
Old 23rd February 2005, 20:17   #33
BHPian

hmmm....

dude when u ask question like this...

u got ask urself what exactly u lookin for speed or stlye???

Hero Honda Or Bajaj???

To Tell u the truth when the cbz came out it ruled the streets.....

samething about the pulsar......

the dts-i is lovely ride....cbz even more comfortable one......

the only thing is the pulsar got a more moderninsed engine.....

if u hav the money i suggest go in for a karizma dude.....

cus personally name wise i love hero honda....
Old 26th February 2005, 11:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Go in 4 CBZ because it has no such problems like Pulsars. The Bajaj is still trying to make a product that can beat CBZ and Karizma and they are just successful with their speeds and not quality. The main problem with Pulsar is its gear box and it doesn't have beautiful humming sound like CBZ.But if u just want power and show off thing then go in for boring Pulsar.
You can try 4 Unicorn.It can beat any bike in 150cc segment in terms of quality, speed, technology etc. Please don't waste ur money for just speed.
Old 26th February 2005, 11:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Dipen who said that CBZ are out dated if u really compare CBZ and Pulsar 150 or 180. The CBZ still looks fresh than Pulsar. Secondly, You said the parts of Cbz are expensive u know why because of their build quality.Pulsar spares doesn't come cheap too!!
I think u own a Pulsar and ur just trying to encourage ur PULSAR!!
Old 26th February 2005, 12:31   #36
BANNED

Unicorn

Where the hell is the honda unicorn is the comparo..
Old 26th February 2005, 17:27   #37
BHPian

Best bet is to save a little more and go in for the Zma. The best deal ever.
Old 27th February 2005, 01:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

my pulsar 180 DTSI with alloy wheels.

buy the P180.new one is really good.no problems(Gear SHIFT,plastic quality,build is very good ) at all in 2 months of ownership.it also looks good.i have the P180.one in the photo.gives 44kmpl avg.it is very stable at high speeds.it is also somewhat exclusive.

recent krazima's have poor quality paint and plastics.see for ur self if u go for a test ride.also p180 will beat the Krazima any day(see aci tests).p180 has 16.5 bhp.ZMA has 16.8bhp.Pulsar is lighter(so performance is better).

p.s:P180's engine has a bit more vibrations(very bearable,cannot be felt by the pillion at all.) due to rev happy nature.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 27th February 2005 at 02:04.
Old 27th February 2005, 02:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

also pulsars dics is Rs 2500.is made by KBX and is 4.5 mm thick.CBZ disk is Rs 6000(showroom).is made by Tata steel and is 3.5 mm thick.both are 240mm in dia.
Old 28th February 2005, 20:44   #40
BHPian

Yup, the P180 does have a better top speed, no doubt about that.
But, the Karizma has a more refined power plant and is relatively less stressed at high speeds compared to the P180, as it has a bigger engine with loads of torque available. So the ZMA is more capable of keeping up high speeds for extended periods.
Then, there is the wheelbase of the ZMA which is longer than the P180 which aids in a better handling and cornering at high speeds.
Also, I would like to mention the lighting on the Zma, credit goes to the DC lighting and the superb headlamp spread, of course putting in a 55/60w bulb does improve the beam and spread.
All these factors considered make the Karizma a better overall bike.
Its almost a complete bike, if it only came with a rear disc brake too!! So now you know the pros and cons( only cons I can think for the Zma is that damn soft seat) of both the bikes, take your pick.

Lastly, do not forget that the Karizma was run for 24hrs at flat out speeds with no engine failures, doubt if any Indian made bike would match that.

Last edited by Akkiben : 28th February 2005 at 20:53.
Old 28th February 2005, 22:56   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben
Yup, the P180 does have a better top speed, no doubt about that.
But, the Karizma has a more refined power plant and is relatively less stressed at high speeds compared to the P180, as it has a bigger engine with loads of torque available. So the ZMA is more capable of keeping up high speeds for extended periods.
Then, there is the wheelbase of the ZMA which is longer than the P180 which aids in a better handling and cornering at high speeds.
Also, I would like to mention the lighting on the Zma, credit goes to the DC lighting and the superb headlamp spread, of course putting in a 55/60w bulb does improve the beam and spread.
All these factors considered make the Karizma a better overall bike.
Its almost a complete bike, if it only came with a rear disc brake too!! So now you know the pros and cons( only cons I can think for the Zma is that damn soft seat) of both the bikes, take your pick.

Lastly, do not forget that the Karizma was run for 24hrs at flat out speeds with no engine failures, doubt if any Indian made bike would match that.

ditto on that akkiben... ive owned a zma fer teh last 6-7 monhts... no big problems till now.... but yea teh plastics of teh body is not put together that well... my rear cowl breaks every 2 months... dunno why.... but yea... handling this bike takes a huuuuuge leap over the dtsi... otherwise both as excellent bike.

i suggest u wait for teh 220cc powerplant to come out of teh pulsar.... its due on june. will be worth the wait.

peace.
Old 28th February 2005, 23:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_basak
ditto on that akkiben... ive owned a zma fer teh last 6-7 monhts... no big problems till now.... but yea teh plastics of teh body is not put together that well... my rear cowl breaks every 2 months... dunno why.... but yea... handling this bike takes a huuuuuge leap over the dtsi... otherwise both as excellent bike.

i suggest u wait for teh 220cc powerplant to come out of teh pulsar.... its due on june. will be worth the wait.

peace.
Hey Amit, you're saying that the rear cowl on your bike is breaking??? How come??? My bike was brought on June2004, 8months now.
I've done a lot of long drives over pot holed roads, like on the way to Ooty and Coorg and I pity the bike for going through the horrible roads but, no such breakages so far, may be I was lucky.
Every ride has made be trust the bike more so. Always amazed me.
Talk about keeping up speeds of 95-105 constantly!!!
Old 1st March 2005, 19:02   #43
BHPian

The only diffect i found with my friend's pulsar was if u'r going on a long ride, the pillion isn't going to feel comfortable at all.. the seats are too narrow.... I just hate the pulsar seats.. CBZ seats are pretty much better...
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

All those shouting to the roof abt HH quality... the quality of plastics on any bike from HH sucks! Its as bad as it gets, besides except a notchy gearshift and a little less glossy paint job... there is absolutely no problem with Pulsar.
CBZ is all show no go... refinement isnt up to the mark, its not fuel efficient either, the spares are horribly expensive.
Its a no brainer dude.. go for 180.
Old 4th January 2006, 02:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
All those shouting to the roof abt HH quality... the quality of plastics on any bike from HH sucks! Its as bad as it gets, besides except a notchy gearshift and a little less glossy paint job... there is absolutely no problem with Pulsar.
CBZ is all show no go... refinement isnt up to the mark, its not fuel efficient either, the spares are horribly expensive.
Its a no brainer dude.. go for 180.

I dont agree with you on the quality levels of Hero Honda. yes they have deteriorated lately but they are still competitive enough.

But yes go for a pulsar over a hero honda anyday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks