Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 18:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
ME: There is a lot of difference in quality of ZMA Alloys & Bajaj Alloys(Discover, XCD, P150,180) please check them manually for thickness & then you will know of quality..
The the Karizma alloys are better.No doubt about that but 4.5K difference.Its is definitely not worth that much.5-6K would be reasonable.
Old 26th November 2007, 18:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

ME: that time HH has only ZMA sporting the alloys while bajaj had same alloys for its entire lineup so I think large scale production helped in keeping costs low besides being smaller in size might also be a reason for low price.

btw Any idea on how much does the P200\220 Alloys cost? Yes they are different with thicker walls(like ZMA) for supporting tubeless tires

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th November 2007 at 18:42.
Old 26th November 2007, 19:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
btw Any idea on how much does the P200\220 Alloys cost? Yes they are different with thicker walls(like ZMA) for supporting tubeless tires
No,How much do they cost.....?
Old 26th November 2007, 19:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

abdullah ki shaadi mein begaane diwaane!

mods - this thread has long lost its purpose - XCD recall isnt on agenda anymore. Time to consign this thread to the dustbin of history
Old 27th November 2007, 11:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
No,How much do they cost.....?
Lol I was expecting an answer

@Phamilyman: what man we have just started some informative conversations & you ask mods to close the thread

But Yes we are OT
Old 27th November 2007, 12:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

I have been a witness by accident to the prices Bajaj and TVS pay for the alloys and its shocking. Shocking = me almost falling down on seeing the price list.

Its some chinese make of alloys.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I have been a witness by accident to the prices Bajaj and TVS pay for the alloys and its shocking. Shocking = me almost falling down on seeing the price list.

Its some chinese make of alloys.
Mind quotin the prices here?
Old 27th November 2007, 12:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

I am sure he cant quote the prices here

Btw from what I knew the Bajaj Alloys are made by Enkei which is OEM for ZMA alloys but the quality is different. Correct me if I am wrong.

Btw low prices for BAL could be due to high numbers.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

what ever be the company policy of introducing more models they had the will to call back and replace the faulty components .thats a good sign.its been happend to car companies all over the world.that doesnt mean that the product is not tested .it can be some outsourced component of a perticular batch.i remember ford had recalled one of their suvs just because of the fault of the tyre along with the suv.

ram
Old 27th November 2007, 17:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure he cant quote the prices here

Btw from what I knew the Bajaj Alloys are made by Enkei which is OEM for ZMA alloys but the quality is different. Correct me if I am wrong.

Btw low prices for BAL could be due to high numbers.
As far as quality is concerned there is no difference. The higher sticker price for HH is because of the fact that they make a considerable profit on spares they sell, because the margins on bikes have been dwindling due to fierce competition. Remember they have to pay royality to honda on each bike they sell, maintain the quality and still keep the prices on par with the competition. Having no R&D of their own is starting to hurt them now. Bajaj makes a lot more profit despite selling lesser bikes and having considerably cheaper spares, the difference being more than 100% in some cases.
The front alloy costs 1800 Rs for pulsar, the rear is costlier.
Old 27th November 2007, 18:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

My friend please check the wall thickness of ZMA Alloya & that of Pulsar alloys, you will know the difference in quality.
Old 27th November 2007, 18:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend please check the wall thickness of ZMA Alloya & that of Pulsar alloys, you will know the difference in quality.
But dear Techo,thickness and quality are different.As for as build quality is concerned both the alloys have similar levels.

Back to the topic.The few early models that were affected may have been caused by a bad batch comming from their vendors.This happens especially with electical and and electonic components.
Old 27th November 2007, 20:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

@ME: More Thickness at walls mean it can contain tubeless tires which the less thick walls cant & hence the thicker walls mean higher quality.. anyways We are way OT i guess..

My only grouse is that why does every new launch from BAL faces Recall, I mean recalls are common abroad but they are not as common as it is with Bajaj off late Here is a list:

Pulsar Classics - No recall but lots of problem major ones being Clutch plates
Pulsar DTSi V1 - Vapur locks in tank, they replaces fuel pipes to solves this, few bikes has gasket leakages

Pulsar current gen- Faulty speedos

P200 - Faulty Fork

P220 - Lots of stuff including speedos & useless RVMs, rear disk jamming etc etc

Krystal - Problem with fuel pump

XCD - Electrical system

I rest my case
Old 27th November 2007, 22:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj has been doing R&D at the expense of the customer. They kept churning out 4s's when even the chairman knew that his people could not make a proper bike(If you search well enough on the net, you should find an interview with Mr Bajaj to this effect). KB100(I loved this bike, though), SX ENDURO, KB125 etc were the abyss in terms of quality. They have grown leaps and bounds, but nowhere near the Japanese levels. I am not talking plastics here. Plastics alone does not make a bike - it is the overall experience.

I believe HH, TVS, Yamaha etc are ahead in this respect. Of course, there can be exceptions - like you may find a very good example of a pulsar and a bad one from HH.

To clarify further, I never owned a Bajaj, but I have seen enough friends weep, to never buy one. Bajaj bikes should only be bought if a guy intends to get rid of it in 2-3 years, IMO.
Old 27th November 2007, 22:30   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My only grouse is that why does every new launch from BAL faces Recall, I mean recalls are common abroad but they are not as common as it is with Bajaj off late Here is a list:
Maybe their problem lies in the initial production runs i:e until the production system gets streamlined.This they have to learn from the Japanese who have been doing it very successfully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks