Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 10:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek View Post
Guys, ok, this might sound really ridiculous, but what is jetting? I've been trying to figure it out through the various mentions of it, but I still have no clue..

That might be the jet used in the carb. Various sizes are available depending on what is your preference power/FE, we all know which one you prefer, FE right ?

Quote:
I found that the 3 that he had were horribly rusted on the inside, so I've gotta look furthur. No matter, I have time to spend on her.. :-D
Be careful with that, it could turn out to be a pain.

Quote:
I keep hearing a slight metallic clashing (I think its the piston), but I don't know whether its normal or not. Any ideas? Its heard quite clearly at high revs, and is a faint ca-ching-ca-ching at lower revs. Is this normal?
Most probably the piston rings, though i am not an expert.

Quote:
Oh, also, with shell stopping their normal petrol, is it worth filling her up with Shell Super (+ 2% oil)? Also, I am not sure if I should be filling a fuel-oil premix that they offer (some snazzy integration on the fuel pump itself), or keep a small bottle of premeasured 2T oil (of what brand, if any?) that I manually mix when I'm filling up. Any inputs? Lemme know!
I used to buy 1/2 litre of 2T oil & top up the petrol tank along with it. do not trust those snazzy integration thingys.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:19   #47
BHPian

You can try on brigade road and markam road (brigade road cross road), brigade road i am talking about a couple of mechanics near shoolai circle on the left just before the circle and in markam road which is a cross road to brigade road.

There was a famous Yezdi mechanic in the sevanagar area called Addu I do not kn where he has relocated i can try and find out.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:02   #48
BHPian

This jetting is a joke on modern bikes. My buddy tuned Jawas and Yezdis 20-odd years ago, and I can remember buying a bunch of variously-sized brass jets for 20 or 30 Rupees so we could test the bikes till we found the ideal one. Cut to now: I imported a jet kit for my Blade from Oz and only had to shell-out Rs 5000/- for it. :-)
Old 18th January 2008, 12:43   #49
BHPian

@hemant: Do see if you can! I'm going to get as big a database of Yezdi mechs, before I begin work on her, so knowing who's where, with what, and checking em all out is high up there on the To-Do list..
Cheers!

PS - Thanks esteem!
Old 18th January 2008, 13:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Well one thing for sure once you get her done up and after the paint job yur going to have fun makling some noise. I still remember dads roadking. Well noise was awesome. The only problem was kicking it to wake it up.
sounded like duk duk duk duk and boderrrrrrrrrrrrrr
hahaahah i am having fun. Loved sitting on the front of the bike while we used to roam around the farm with all those vibrations on it.
Old 18th January 2008, 13:48   #51
BHPian

Yezdi Mechanic

One of the good mechanics is by the name Shanu in Jayanagar. His contact number is 9886270449
Old 18th January 2008, 14:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well one thing for sure once you get her done up and after the paint job yur going to have fun makling some noise. I still remember dads roadking. Well noise was awesome. The only problem was kicking it to wake it up.
sounded like duk duk duk duk and boderrrrrrrrrrrrrr
hahaahah i am having fun. Loved sitting on the front of the bike while we used to roam around the farm with all those vibrations on it.
I think my baby loves me already! - The first day, I had to kick the crap outta her (lovingly, of course) to get her to start. The second day, she knew when I was in a hurry, and would start well when I needed her, but got a filling stuck in when I didn't really want to get back from kloramangala. This morning, I sorta knew that after 4 pumps, she would fire up (no choke this morning) even though she was dead cold, and purr away on idle. Good stuff!

thanks Ranger!
Old 18th January 2008, 15:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Came by the other night and saw your bike. Also saw your 4 min Hebbal-Whitefield ride has been replaced by something more delicate. Next time, pick your phone up!
Old 18th January 2008, 15:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Came by the other night and saw your bike. Also saw your 4 min Hebbal-Whitefield ride has been replaced by something more delicate. Next time, pick your phone up!
No chance man, sleepyness is godliness... maybe I'll drop by tomorrow afternoon...
Old 18th January 2008, 17:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Buddy am waiting for the pics
Old 21st January 2008, 19:27   #56
BHPian

... and the Pictures

First impressions:

Old 21st January 2008, 20:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

I remember you saying its an RD350 tank: its not. That tank is from a Yezdi 175.
Old 21st January 2008, 20:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Yeah,thats right. I had a totally different picture,with the bulky RD350 tank on the bike.
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:26   #59
BHPian

Oh.. :-\ well, like I said, I'm quite new to the world of 2 wheeled machines, I jsut took the last owners word for it. Either way though, I don't much like it on my bike. I'm getting it swapped when I get back from Mumbai next friday, more/new pictures then...
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:38   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely bike. But the tank RUINS the look totally. Do try to get a better tank for that bike.

And please help me in locating a new engine block for my Yezdi...

@Aveek --- I envy you man. I know how much fun I had on my roadking and i can just imagine you riding that thing like the king of the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks