Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 22:08   #106
BHPian

Re: Bike with no back pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hello All,
I need a suggestion. I am looking for a bike with good shock absorbers. I suffer from Tailbone and lower back pain. Please let me know if there are any current bikes which will be suitable for people with these issues. I need to travel 30 to 35 kms every day for my work.
As @WhiskeyTangoFox suggested, Himalayan is the best bike you can buy for comfortable riding, but keep in mind that it’s not an easy bike to live with if you are driving only in the city. Alternative to Himalayan is the newly launched Scram411. It’s stripped Himalayan with good city drivability, without compromise on comfort.
NTab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 22:36   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
I need a suggestion. I am looking for a bike with good shock absorbers. I suffer from Tailbone and lower back pain. Please let me know if there are any current bikes which will be suitable for people with these issues. I need to travel 30 to 35 kms every day for my work.
mvaidy, there are several motorcycles that offer great ride quality. The question is, how much of a budget do you have? Based on that, we can make the right recommendations.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 12:18   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
Alternative to Himalayan is the newly launched Scram411. It’s stripped Himalayan with good city drivability, without compromise on comfort.
I agree 100% but the only issue that the Scram still would share with the Himalayan is the slight heating issue that would crop up if in Bumper to Bumper traffic throughout.
Old 21st June 2022, 16:31   #109

Actually, I'd suggest the FEGO seat on any bike that you are riding. From what you are saying, I am guessing there are lot of impact to the lower back when riding ( especially when you say tailbone ) It will reduce the jerks/shocks to the lower body by a decent amount.
010101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 18:49   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
You may go for the FZ25/FZS25 if these bikes are currently available, I hope these are. Ride quality is plush, good fuel efficiency, effective headlight, spare parts availability, good dealership network,... good bottom end and midrange. Top end is not good for a 250 cc. I own an FZ25, BS6, Moto GP Edition and I am happy for my style of riding.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:19   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
I agree 100% but the only issue that the Scram still would share with the Himalayan is the slight heating issue that would crop up if in Bumper to Bumper traffic throughout.
Absolutely agree to it. Also the perpetual looming fear of puncture. But then again, there isn’t any bike that can match the comfort level of Himmy and Scram, within a reasonable budget of course.
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:08   #112
BHPian

Take it as a suggestion or don't, but just reading the thread headline got me thinking. I have owned the CBR250R for 3.5 years now, I don't remember having back pains at any point of time, any kind of road conditions and any kind of traffic; and all this being overweight myself.

Truly an irreplaceable motorcycle I feel.
Old 25th June 2022, 15:06   #113
BHPian

Quote:
But then again, there isn’t any bike that can match the comfort level of Himmy and Scram, within a reasonable budget of course.
Does Scram has same front suspension travel as the Himalayan?
Asking out of curiosity
Old 25th June 2022, 17:47   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Does Scram has same front suspension travel as the Himalayan?
Asking out of curiosity
No. It’s 10mm less, and a little stiff(comparatively), but it translates really well on road, and gives a good feedback. Don’t let the ‘stiff’ word fool you, it’s still very plush.
NTab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 19:03   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely agree to it. Also the perpetual looming fear of puncture. But then again, there isn’t any bike that can match the comfort level of Himmy and Scram, within a reasonable budget of course.
True, the fear of a puncture is definitely something to consider. Doesn't matter as much in the city but anywhere else, it is a huge headache. Touchwood, but I haven't had one so far, but then again the bike is very new and has't even crossed the 100km mark so far because I'm still waiting on the dealer to give me the registration plates.

I also would suggest the following bikes:

Vstrom 250
Apache RTR 200 4v
The Avenger 220
Yamaha FZ Series

And if you can wait a little longer:

The Upcoming TVS Bike (July 6th)
The Upcoming RE Hunter 350
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 21:37   #116

Hi, I came across this thread while searching for tips to avoid back pain on a motorcycle. Read some posts which said that gripping the tank with thighs proved useful for them. I have tried that and saw that my back becomes stiff when I try to grip the tank with my thighs. So potholes hurt my back even more. Would like to know from people whether I am doing anything wrong.
Old 15th November 2023, 22:12   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot7564 View Post
Hi, I came across this thread while searching for tips to avoid back pain on a motorcycle. Read some posts which said that gripping the tank with thighs proved useful for them. I have tried that and saw that my back becomes stiff when I try to grip the tank with my thighs. So potholes hurt my back even more. Would like to know from people whether I am doing anything wrong.
Pretty sure that technique is used to reduce fatigue and pressure on the back during long rides on sports bike and sports tourer. I would suggest standing up on your foot-pegs when going over pothole. It works pretty well for me.
Old 15th November 2023, 22:53   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
Pretty sure that technique is used to reduce fatigue and pressure on the back during long rides on sports bike and sports tourer.
I own a street bike and an ADV. So, this technique does work for me sometimes. But not consistently so. And I am talking about the same roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
I would suggest standing up on your foot-pegs when going over pothole. It works pretty well for me.
I do that too. But not a fan of doing that on busy roads. Also i can do thia on my ADV very easily. But on my street bike not so much.

I usually try to leave my upper body relaxed and I have noticed that I am most comfortable that way when I move along with the bike and not making my spine resist the movement. But this works well only when my body is relaxed. When I am holding on with my thighs, my back stiffens up and the jolts hurt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks