Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 16:33   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Hi Venu, just saw some of your projects and am feeling revered for the kind of passion and ability you own.Thats exactly an enthusiast should be like, making all he wants DIY way. I too am thinking of experimenting something of the sorts for bigger engines with a centrifugal blade.Can you provide some info on the DIY of this stuff??
Another thing i saw that u have applied the carb. well before the compressor, want to know its implications and ain't it dangerous cause the compressing air-fuel mixture might combust out of pressure??
Regards.
To raise the pressure so that the air and fuel self ignites,would be of the order of 1:15 or higher.I suggest you a get a book on turbo or super charging ."Maximum boost " by corky bell is a good one
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Thanks for the reply Venu sir. Oil is leaking from the top of the engine(don't know its exact name), where we open for engine repair works. Went to Zen motors, and said to put a gasket or so to prevent it from leaking, but they said its not so and did so engine repair work and said it will not be seen again, but damn its back after a month!

What may be the exact problem, Venu sir?

Thanks,
Ramki.
The head leakhappens from the following place,
1)Rocker inspection nuts
2)The cam cover and head sealing surface
3)CAm cover rubber gasket.
cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th February 2009 at 16:48. Reason: Use multi quote option, thanks.
Old 12th February 2009, 19:42   #77

First off, a big congratulations for pulling this off man. You have quite a fan following here mate, and why not. I really admire your work, right from the big bore fiero to the vtwin. Words do not do justice to the amount of hard work spent in research and sitting down and machining the stuff..Are you guys self sponsored?..You and srinivas have really done a good job..kudos

But what I admire most is that you are open to educating newbies and giving people a fair idea about what you're doing..Sharing knowledge is whats making it better.

btw, is it a stock camshaft you're using or have u used a higher lift over the stock peak lift? Bigger valves I'm sure..A lil detail would be great help

cheers mate
Old 13th February 2009, 11:28   #78
BHPian

Helpful is the other name for Venu sir! This man will sit explain and help you with stuff!! I am telling this from personal experience..

AFAIK, he is self sponsored!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul_astro View Post
First off, a big congratulations for pulling this off man. You have quite a fan following here mate, and why not. I really admire your work, right from the big bore fiero to the vtwin. Words do not do justice to the amount of hard work spent in research and sitting down and machining the stuff..Are you guys self sponsored?..You and srinivas have really done a good job..kudos

But what I admire most is that you are open to educating newbies and giving people a fair idea about what you're doing..Sharing knowledge is whats making it better.

btw, is it a stock camshaft you're using or have u used a higher lift over the stock peak lift? Bigger valves I'm sure..A lil detail would be great help

cheers mate
Old 15th February 2009, 19:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul_astro View Post

cheers mate
since the super charger does the pumping into the cylinder,stock setup is recommended.With higher lift and overlap shorting of the charge occurs.That is the inflow into the engine is at a higher pressure,it will find its easily into the exhaust at overlap.
cheers
Old 15th February 2009, 19:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hi Venu,

When are you planning to unveil the bolt-on kit of the supercharger? I am eagerly waiting for it.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Hi Venu,

When are you planning to unveil the bolt-on kit of the supercharger? I am eagerly waiting for it.
working on direct injection 2 stroke vane type supercharged engine.The super charger will be a direct fit on the Zma.
cheers
Old 19th February 2009, 13:34   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venugopal View Post
working on direct injection 2 stroke vane type supercharged engine.The super charger will be a direct fit on the Zma.
cheers
NICE!

What are the target gains? How many HP does it take to run the super itself? What is the target price?

Regardless of answers to these questions, count me as a keen follower.
Old 25th October 2009, 17:48   #83
BHPian

i just saw this thread now and i must say, IM AMAAZED!! hats off for your work. just wanted to know, is it possible to make a v-twin out of a pulsar 220?? ever since i saw the new 220 i wanted to make a vtwin out of it, but i thought there was no one capable enough in india to pull it off. but i guess i was wrong. also, are your fieros capable of everyday use??
Old 28th October 2009, 13:00   #84
BHPian

Venu, hats off to your effort. I am sure if things are going like this, I wouldnt be surprised to see something like a Britten V1000. I mean a machine made completely by you. Great work mate!!. Please let me know where you are in Bangalore. i would love to see this in action.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks