Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 15:58   #1
BHPian

On the Suzuki Access 125

Team,
Please share any good reviews/ personal opinions about the Suzuki Access 125 scooter.
I want to buy this one in particular so I have given Rs 1k as a booking amount to the dealer. Since there is a 3 month waiting period I want to explore more and finally decide. Please share.
Old 14th February 2008, 18:22   #2
BHPian

access

Access owners are hard to find but Access seems good..

I am a Flyte rider who really likes the flyte
so you can definitely consider that.. its also 125cc with telescopic suspension & central lock like access.. plus has more features and rides & handles very well

looks very different from access/activa though
Old 14th February 2008, 21:18   #3
priyank

Well archie, the access is a good bike, but flyte is better as said by many of the members, but not very sure whether your 3 month waiting period is a bit too long...

Old 14th February 2008, 22:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
Team,
Please share any good reviews/ personal opinions about the Suzuki Access 125 scooter.
I want to buy this one in particular so I have given Rs 1k as a booking amount to the dealer. Since there is a 3 month waiting period I want to explore more and finally decide. Please share.
Access is really good, and if you can wait for 60+ days, you can happiliy go for it. It is really a nice scooter. My friend is using it now, and he is really happy. There is nothing to complain except the old Honda Activa look.

Honda is also lauching the competitive model with contemporary features a model called 'Aviator' next month. You can go to any HOnda dealer and get the details.
Old 15th February 2008, 12:25   #5
BHPian

raghutk - FLYTE is definitely a really good scooter .. rides very well and is very convenient with front fueling and good storage.. it is also priced better than the Access..

so I do not think it is worth it to wait 3 months for Access when an excellent scooter (flyte) is there. I bought Flyte a few days ago for my wife and we are happy with the selection.

Incidentally it was team-bhp forum members that pointed me to the Flyte, for which I am very grateful, and trying to return the favor to you now.. hope this helps you
Old 15th February 2008, 13:59   #6
BHPian

i was wondering abt the engine and mileage the new Aviator gives as it has same activa block in it.
Thanks for the siuggestion will go to the honda dealer to-day and check it.
Old 15th February 2008, 17:09   #7
BHPian

Just recommended and bought teh access for a friend..Its an absolutely awesome scoot much better than the activa.donno how it compares to the flyte.
Its got a very torquey engine for a variomatic and pulls very strongly..
havent taken it to its top end since under run in.
Very smooth,excellent telscopic front shox,slightly on the stiff side but very stable.
Under seat storage is also very good.
Currently gettin a mileage of around 38 kmpl.
Def recommend it.
Old 15th February 2008, 18:38   #8
BHPian

I've taken a test ride and also driven around a friend's.
Its a direct cross between the positive qualities of the activa(nice transmission and super torquey engine) and the old kinetic Honda(small and easy to balance and ride in slow traffic)
Engine is very torquey, the bikes its small, very easy to maneuver & thread through traffic. FE is as good as activa it also gives you an ignition light like the old kine.
The only little thing to looks for is that the under seat boot is comparatively not as big as others, but can comfortably fit a helmet.
Its worth the waiting time though.
Quote:
Even the Aviator is good, its good an improved activa's highly dependable, super smooth engine, but it hasn't been launched yet, may be if u book it right when its launched u'll get it quickly comparatively.
Old 15th February 2008, 22:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

please contact kriss on xbhp. he has bought one and is very satisfied.
Old 16th February 2008, 20:55   #10
BHPian

[quote]originallyby[archie]
Access owners are hard to find but Access seems good..

I am a Flyte rider who really likes the flyte
so you can definitely consider that.. its also 125cc with telescopic suspension & central lock like access.. plus has more features and rides & handles very well

looks very different from access/activa though

archie > its is better to read the topic before writting its "Owners please share reviews suzuki access125"

and not about your $#!t Flyte

NOTE FROM THE TEAM BHP SUPPORT STAFF:
THE LOVE FOR AUTOMOBILES IS WHAT BRINGS US TO THIS FORUM. USING ABUSIVE LANGUAGE REPEATEDLY FOR OTHERS AND THEIR VEHICLES IS NOT DONE, AND IS STRICTLY AGAINST THE FORUM RULES. HENCE YOU ARE TEMPORARILY BANNED FROM TEAM-BHP.

Last edited by DCEite : 16th February 2008 at 21:22. Reason: see note
sathyaprakash is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th February 2008, 21:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
Team,
I believe he wants a feedback and won't mind other options as well.

As far as my input on these scoots i have never laid my hands on either but all i would say is take a test ride and decide.
The most important concern when you go for a gearless scoot is to look for comfort, so there is no point compromising anywhere.
The ergonomics of scoot a may suit person x and at the same time cause a pain to person y.
test ride and check which suits you more.

Happy and safe riding.
Old 16th February 2008, 22:31   #12
BHPian

i understand that at least in bangalore the access has completely taken over the activa market. so it must be good for sure. this has prompted the hmsi dealers to do what has never happened before...

1. low down payment scheme available on the activa. pay just rs.3,999/- and ride away an activa
2. delivery period now just 3-4 days. though they will still tell you that its 30 days.
3. the activa is now doing display rounds on a "float" mitsubishi canter with various offers and freebies.
4. now sub-dealers and brokers get rs.500/- commission for an activa referral. earlier they would get rs.0.00

the access is a superb scooter and a rightful heir to the throne of "king of gearless scooters". and the point is that hmsi dealers who were so pompous and proud about the activa in its hey days, now are passing bricks from their backside and that hurts you know. serves them right for ripping off the public by creating and artificial demand and for their high-handed attitude towards sales and service customers, brokers and sub-dealers.

remember the saying "what goes around comes around"? its just come true for the hmsi dealers in bangalore.

now that the activa is past its sell-by date i wonder if the attitude of the hmsi dealers will change because in the motorcycle segment bajaj and hh are kicking their a$$. till now in india hmsi is a one hit wonder with only the activa tasting real success.

getting back to topic............i am damm sure that all the access owners will be a bunch of happy and satisfied ones.

and by the way, the flyte does not compete with the access. its targeted at the pep+ and the pleasure.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:31   #13
BHPian

@raghutk please give update on the bikes. we are all ears
Old 20th February 2008, 15:50   #14
BHPian

Have completed about 1500kms on my Access,its an amazing scoot bang on vfm,The FE initally is bad but then it really gets to about 52kmpl which i think for a 125 is really nice,The service at suzuki is really good atleast better then Honda and far better then kinetic,Imo If u can wait a bit then this is the Bike for u ! Ps.I dont Work for Suzuki..Just very Satisfied with the Scoot
Old 20th February 2008, 17:14   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
@raghutk please give update on the bikes. we are all ears
Sure will yet to test drive the aviator tomorrow as Silicon Honda in Bangalore is giving the test drive only then. Then will write and finalize the scoot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks