Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Old 14th February 2020, 13:54   #226
BHPian

Default Re: The unassailable Dilip Bam! EDIT - Rest in peace!

I was fortunate to have shared his company almost everyday for a month.
He used to be a visiting faculty in my post grad institute in Pune.
He used to be called to the institute specially for the new batch Induction presentation. Which was aka, by students as "Baam Presentation". (Any forum members from the same institute would know the college by now )
The presentation was not really academic, rather an exercise in overcoming stage fear etc. Each student had to choose a topic (can be any topic you could think of), and has to present for full 10 minutes in front of a large audience.

He had a concept called "GPL", any boring presentation exceeding 10 minutes, he would get up from his chair and literally kick the presenter in the a** on the stage. (Of course only with male students, and don't ask me the full form of GPL )

Students chose topics from anything in the world (Culture, heritage, politics, science & tech, history, geography, sex etc,) basically anything you could think of. Baam sir used to grill us with questions at the end of the presentation, and the knowledge he possessed about not just automotive stuff but about almost any topic was just mind boggling.

He was a personality you may really like or really hate, but for sure if you meet him you will always remember him for who he was.

Also, it was really inspiring and entertaining to listen to his stories of the times he was in Vietnam during the Vietnam war, crossing the Sahara desert on a Kinetic Honda, getting mugged and Kidnapped in Egypt etc. He certainly lived a crazy life.

He used to call us all MBA grads as "Corporate Kutta"
ishan12 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed