Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 14:14   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: The unassailable Dilip Bam! EDIT - Rest in peace!

Its his practical feedback together with in-your-face village bumpkin types language that gets people amused. But I'd love to see him on TBHP - his posts would get infracted for excessive smileys and wrong language as well as tough to read english in like thirty seconds.

phamilyman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 14:19   #167
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Did you know Mr. Bam was going to be sued by Hero Motors for a 100 Crore . He sent a hard-written reply to his lawyers. Never heard from Hero Motors after that. I'm sure even Hero's lawyers cracked up after reading the review in question.

Source

Attachment 844167
Do you have the reply that he sent to Hero Motors? It would very interesting to see what he wrote!
Excellent thread BTW. Its very rare you come across people like Dilip Bam!
Old 30th April 2013, 14:27   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Do you have the reply that he sent to Hero Motors? It would very interesting to see what he wrote!
Excellent thread BTW. Its very rare you come across people like Dilip Bam!
Hey,
Well he actually never wrote back to the Organization

"The 0ctober 1997 issue of Auto India magazine carried Road Test by Dilip Bam, of a bike named Hero WiNNER, under the title of “WiNSOME LOSE SOME”.

At that time (1997) Auto India was the most leading auto magazine of its time which sold more than 0ne-Lakh-Ten-Thousand copies a month. Before Auto India DilipBam was Road Test Editor of Car&Bike International magazine for six years since 1987. He moved to Auto India in 1993 & had been testing bikes for Auto India magazine since four years. I believe my report was technically very accurate, as you can see my handwritten notes of that time, but my use of words & social language and analogies was a trite funny, even hilarious, as you can see from the sentences quoted in the Legal Notice.

The company was/is Hero Motors (as distinct from Hero Honda), yet I might say it is the same group, whose mother company is Hero Cycles. As you can read from the legal notice from Advocates K.R.Chawla & Co., in addition to 0ne Hundred Crore Rupees they have threatened Criminal action, which means Jail.

In response to this legal notice, on 17 Dec. 1997, Dilip Bam wrote a technical response, which you can read in his own

handwriting. On the basis of my handwritten note, 0ur Lawyers, sent their lawyers a response, which you can read as a typed document.

NOW TODAY IS 26 June 2011, almost 14 years have passed. FiNALLY WHAT HAPPENED?

NOTHiNG ! The matter died. It never went to court.

Why ?

DilipBam believes there could be two reasons: 0ne could be that the technical points made by Dilip Bam are too solid to be challenged. Second could be that there is probably a rule wherein, if you sue somebody claiming defamation & loss of reputation worth 100 crore, then you have to deposit 20% of that==20 crore, in court (at zero interest) to show that you are actually as big as 100 crore, which at today’s prices would be like 10,000/- crore.

Knowing our system and corruption, which sensible businessman will lock up the equivalent of today’s TWO THOUSAND CRORES in court for years?

Either way, Dilip Bam is still alive and functioning. The case vanished. Nothing happened."

Courtesy: http://www.dilipbam.com/autobiograph...r-company.html
ku69rd is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 13:28   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
his posts would get infracted for excessive smileys and wrong language as well as tough to read english in like thirty seconds.
...or maybe the other BHPian's posts would attract infractions who read his posts and reply them and end up consuming more than allowed smileys.
tbppjpr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 20:47   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this one on his website DilipBam.com.
Dilipji road tested the Enfield Thunderbird 500 and this is what he commented (an excerpt)

"That’s the definition of Bullet ! The prime reason for buying Bullet is the soLLidd ThummpPp!

But this one is not THUMPiNG like the old one! What’s a Bullet without the soLLidd thummpPp?

Ya Troo=true. But why thumpPp is weak in this one?

Bkoz of the bluuddy L-o-0-O-0-o-N-G silencer. Imposed by Bharat Sir Caar ! Nissan Sunny is a CaaR, but Bullet is not a CaaR, so please don’t squeeze us SirCaaR (govt)! Plz XQZ=excuse us!"
anjan_c2007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:57   #171
BHPian

Thanks GTO and everyone else for introducing this gentleman. Went through his website and got glued to it. Interesting person and an adeventurous life.
Would like to meet him some day.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish
Old 29th August 2013, 20:56   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest image to come up courtesy Dilip Bam on FB

The unassailable Dilip Bam! EDIT - Rest in peace!-dilipbam.jpg

106 years and still going Ga Ga
anjan_c2007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 17:48   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest latest from Dilip Bam:

" People around the world have gone so lazy, I am sure World War 3 will be fought online..!!"
anjan_c2007 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 03:09   #174
Senior - BHPian

Another one on new bikes missing kick start

Quote:
Dazzler name is very good. Dazzler is Unicorn minus kicker. Owner will get “dazzled” when he has to push-start his bike bkoz there is no kicker. He will see stars! And therefore learn about the solar system while dying by heart attack due to pushing heavy bike because of not having kick starter.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 1st September 2013 at 03:13.
shashank.nk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 09:59   #175
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
But I'd love to see him on TBHP - his posts would get infracted for excessive smileys and wrong language as well as tough to read english in like thirty seconds.

Fine, Plus one to this, its the Nail in the .. whatever

His Language has a pakka Puneri (Pune special) sting when it comes to point out something.

It reminds me of boards in/of Pune (or something like that) FB page .

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 13:44   #176
BHPian

Mr. Dilip Bam is truely unique. His "Selling Hashish in VIETNAM" and "Across the Sahara Desert on Kinetic Honda scooter" is the stuff of legends.

Thanks to Team-BHP. I have been introduced to the two most phenomenal story tellers 1. Our very own Mr.Yeti (RIP Sam) and 2. Mr. Dilip Bam.

Feeling Lucky!
Ritzvxi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 17:32   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Dilip Bam here in Auto India of Nov 1996 doing a comparo of the Yamaha RXG 135 with the Kawasaki Bajaj KB 125:

His findings:

Quote:
PRICE DICE

On Oct 7 (that was 1996),the ex-showroom price of the KB 125 was Rs 34,934 compared to the RXG's Rs 42,505. That's a difference of Rs 7,571, which is 22 % more. I don't believe the RXG is gold-plated (or even silver-plated). Then why this sky high price?

So the RXG gives you 4 kms more per litre. Excellent. For Rs 7,571 you can buy 303 litres of petrol. If you put a fixed deposit in a blue chip company, you get 15 percent per annum interest which comes to Rs 95 per month, which can buy you approximately four litres of petrol every month.
If you ride more than 2,200 km per month, then the RXG is cheaper to run but if you ride less than 2,200 km per month then the KB is cheaper to run.
However, if fuel average is your credo, why are you reading this article?
Just buy a diesel Bullet/ Enfield Diesel. For an additional Rs 20,000 (buying price), it will take you four times further (than the RXG) per rupee you spend - in much greater comfort.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th November 2013 at 18:54. Reason: Quote fixed. It's [/quote], not [unquote] :)
anjan_c2007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 10:52   #178
Senior - BHPian

Another gem (from his website)

Quote:

Q - Are all gas filled shock absorbers filled with nitrox(nitrogen?)?

A - Not necessarily. I would say it is 99% pure hot air. 0rdinary air is also a GAS by definition & contains 14% nitrogen in natural air. So you can call it Nitrox / Botox / or any other tox. It is just a catchword for media hype. When natural air is FREE, why will anybody spend money on fancy gases? I think nitrox / botox is just bullshit media hype. it is just ordinary free air - inklooding all the pollutants, which also come free!
vrprabhu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 20:30   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest from Dilipji on FB :

Quote:
'I love you' is a mathematical function where 'I love' is constant and 'you' is a variable..
anjan_c2007 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 20:09   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

More "guidelines" from Dilipji's FB post:

Quote:
5 ways for man to be happy with women
1. Be with a woman who makes you laugh…
2. Be with a woman who gives u her time…
3. Be with a woman who takes care of you…
4. Be with a woman who really loves you…
5. Finally, make sure these four women don’t know each other!
He seems to be posting more and more lines for lovers these days.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th March 2014 at 23:26. Reason: As requested
anjan_c2007 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks