Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 11:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why isn't he writing for any car magazine anymore?
Why car magazines? Why not for Team-BHP?
Old 26th March 2008, 12:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Sankar these were my queries and just see his answers......
Yes Pradeep the way he answers the queries nowadays is amusing. But what he says is technically sound.

There was another famous consultant writing for the tech help section of a leading magazine who suggested that computer fans could be used to mildly supercharge a bike.

I assume that he's getting bored answering the questions again & again and is trying to have some fun by himself imitating the new gen kiddish language

I used to enjoy his articles back in the days.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:19   #33
BHPian

Absolutely hilarious stuff:

Quote:
Indiabike's answer: NO POINT TO EVEN THiNK ABOUT P-200 WHEN P-220 IS SOON COMING. P-220 IS BEING RELEASED (I believe) ON 23.JUNE,2007 BCOZ IT IS THE 250th ANNIVERSARY OF THE DAY WHEN ROBERT CLIVE BEAT THE **** OUT OF NAWAB SIRAJUDDAULLAH AT PLASSEY IN BENGAL 250 YEARS AGO AND ESTABLISHED BRITISH EAST INDIA KOMPANi RULE IN INDIA (and prevented India from becoming a backward slammik cunt ree) DUE TO WHICH TODAY INDIA IS MAKING SO MUCH PROGREESS AND MAKING SO MUCH MUNNY IN BPO / KPO INDUSTRY. YOU KAN GO FOR EITHER P-220 or APACHE 160 RTR.
vabs78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2008, 12:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Pradeep the way he answers the queries nowadays is amusing. But what he says is technically sound.
They sound technically but 20w40 for my bike this was really hard for me to digest.

Quote:
There was another famous consultant writing for the tech help section of a leading magazine who suggested that computer fans could be used to mildly supercharge a bike.
Any links ?

Quote:
I assume that he's getting bored answering the questions again & again and is trying to have some fun by himself imitating the new gen kiddish language
If you briefly go through his answers in his Q&A, any body asking a best bike for city usage. he always recommends tvs bikes, i wonder he has any secret affair between him & tvs.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:39   #35
BHPian

GTO Thanks for starting this, remember seeing a lot of his articles in Auto India and car and bike and now on Indiabike( although I don't think this is a good site, it is full of ads and looks very old in its design reminiscent of the the webistes of the late 90's ) .

Even his present articles are quite technical in nature along with being humourous at the same time and cover the vehicle in great detail. Although its very difficult to understand his newly adopted style of hinglish, if only someone could direct him to TEAM- BHP.

About his way of measuring fuel efficiency here's a link to a review. where he shows how he does it.
Kinetic-SYM Flyte Article by Dilip Bam

Note the hinglish used in this review.
Quote:
FOR FUEL TEST YOU HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE SEAT AND FULL DiCKY, AND DO THE PiPE-GiRi NATAK AS PER MY UNGLi POiNTiNG VICH U KAN SEE IN FOTO. UNGLi IS POiNTiNG TO WHERE THE YELO PiPE OF MY MEASURiNG BOTTLE IS FiTTED TO NiPPLE OF KARBURETOR.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:53   #36

Best time-pass at work !

This one had me in splits !

-----------------quote-------------
question: Hello sir, Great day to you.. I have one question to you sir. I see you keep on suggesting people to go for TVS products. Do you also test other brands vehicle sir? Because i can see the test report from you regarding Apache..but not much Bajaj products...Any specific reason sir? But i very much beleive that you will give a very good suggestions. But why always suggesting apache or flame? any specific reason for that??because technically i am not sound about the technology of bikes....Sir pls dont tak in other ways.....because if you see..the spare parts of bajaj is very cheap and service quality of bajaj is also excellent. But my friends having Herohonda or TVS feel that spare parts are high and Poor quality of service also. As i had bajaj boxer since 8 years and i sold it for 12000 which is good in resale...do you think TVS and herohonda does the same???And i have not suffered even for the single problem for my engine..its perfect...what s ur suggestions sir?

Indiabike's answer: SURE I TEST ALL MODELS AND REKOMMEND THE ONE I FiND BEST. I TESTED AiSHWARYA RAi, RANi MUKHERJEE, MALLiKA SHERAWAT, LARA DUTTA, KATRiNA KAiF AND ALL UDDERs. I FiND AiSHWARYA TO BE BEST. EVEN ABHiSHEK SAY SO. EVEN HRiTHiK ROSHAN SAY SO EVEN THO HE NOT MAREED AiSHWARYA. WAT KAN I SAY? IT ALL DEPEND ON HOW THEY PERFORM. DiFFERENT PEEPLE CuM IN DiFFERENT KONKLOOZIONs. YOU KAN BE DiFFERENT FROM ME, BKOZ WE ARE HiNDU. WE ARE NOT ISLAMiK IN ViCH EVRYBODY HAVE TO CuM IN SAME KONKLooZioN. SAME ABOUT SPARE PART AND CERViX.. MY SUJJESSION IS THAT WE ARE HiNDU. YOU KAN CuM TO TOTALLi DiFFERENT KONKLooZioN THAN ME BUT STiLL THERE IS NO KONFLiKT BKOZ WE ARE HiNDU.

------------unquote------------
Old 26th March 2008, 14:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

I believe he used to write for Cybersteering - The complete guide to Indian Cars ,
But now there isn't any update in the above website .
Old 26th March 2008, 15:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Btw, he's crossed the Sahara desert on a Ki-Ho (Kinetic Honda). Got kidnapped somewhere and was made to beg outside some god forsaken place in the middle of a desert. Anyone from Pune wants to go drinking? You'll have more tales to hear.
that is one hilarious stuff Kiran. So when we get to hear the other tales?? may be we all can meet up at Grand for beer.
Old 26th March 2008, 15:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
that is one hilarious stuff Kiran. So when we get to hear the other tales?? may be we all can meet up at Grand for beer.
OT: Second that.. And please make it a Pune TBHP meet, not the usual suspects meet !!
Old 26th March 2008, 15:53   #40
Team-BHP Support

I have invited Dilip here. Just got off the phone with him. He was conducting an audition for a bike ride for girls (Sounds like fun). He should be here soon.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:08   #41
BHPian

I've heard that he owns 50 two wheelers
Old 26th March 2008, 17:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO for starting this thread.
I didn't know such cool chaps do write in for magazines, after reading quite a few 'diplomatic' reviews.
The Replies quoted above are quite hilarious to say the least. Me and my cubicle mate are still laughing about it.
Old 26th March 2008, 17:15   #43
BHPian

"total" "pure" technical reply - should i say
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkraja View Post
This one had me in splits !

-----------------quote-------------
question: Hello sir, Great day to you.. I have one question to you sir. I see you keep on suggesting people to go for TVS products. Do you also test other brands vehicle sir? Because i can see the test report from you regarding Apache..but not much Bajaj products...Any specific reason sir? But i very much beleive that you will give a very good suggestions. But why always suggesting apache or flame? any specific reason for that??because technically i am not sound about the technology of bikes....Sir pls dont tak in other ways.....because if you see..the spare parts of bajaj is very cheap and service quality of bajaj is also excellent. But my friends having Herohonda or TVS feel that spare parts are high and Poor quality of service also. As i had bajaj boxer since 8 years and i sold it for 12000 which is good in resale...do you think TVS and herohonda does the same???And i have not suffered even for the single problem for my engine..its perfect...what s ur suggestions sir?

Indiabike's answer: SURE I TEST ALL MODELS AND REKOMMEND THE ONE I FiND BEST. I TESTED AiSHWARYA RAi, RANi MUKHERJEE, MALLiKA SHERAWAT, LARA DUTTA, KATRiNA KAiF AND ALL UDDERs. I FiND AiSHWARYA TO BE BEST. EVEN ABHiSHEK SAY SO. EVEN HRiTHiK ROSHAN SAY SO EVEN THO HE NOT MAREED AiSHWARYA. WAT KAN I SAY? IT ALL DEPEND ON HOW THEY PERFORM. DiFFERENT PEEPLE CuM IN DiFFERENT KONKLOOZIONs. YOU KAN BE DiFFERENT FROM ME, BKOZ WE ARE HiNDU. WE ARE NOT ISLAMiK IN ViCH EVRYBODY HAVE TO CuM IN SAME KONKLooZioN. SAME ABOUT SPARE PART AND CERViX.. MY SUJJESSION IS THAT WE ARE HiNDU. YOU KAN CuM TO TOTALLi DiFFERENT KONKLooZioN THAN ME BUT STiLL THERE IS NO KONFLiKT BKOZ WE ARE HiNDU.

------------unquote------------
Old 26th March 2008, 17:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
They sound technically but 20w40 for my bike this was really hard for me to digest.
Honda suggested the use of a higher weight oil in hot climates. Someone had posted the scanned image of the manual. So i think recommending 20-40 is fine for hotter climates.

When i said technically sound i meant not speaking through ones *bleep*

Quote:
Any links ?
Came in a magazine some time back. The consultant is Tutu Dhawan.

Quote:
If you briefly go through his answers in his Q&A, any body asking a best bike for city usage. he always recommends tvs bikes, i wonder he has any secret affair between him & tvs.
Who knows

His replies are a bit racist. Which i don't like.
Old 26th March 2008, 18:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Yes he is a interesting man to read !

The typicals of his writing I remember are

He definately Likes TVS Bikes in all segments he is kind of TVS fan!

He also a big fan of Bullet ( Iron Cast ones!)

He dont like Hondas ( overpricing!) and Bajajs ( he says cheetah cant live longer so DTSI cuts short life of bike ...funny!!!)

Others Phrases he uses Like KAL HO NA HO!, QUICK LEE LIKE BRUCE LEE ,.. and may be more I cant remember now
Any Ways he is intersting man to say the least!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks