Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 03:12   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
With all these changes to the Engine and frame they should've engineered a modern rear brakes too and ditched the sprocket brake system. This would've made it possible to have the chain on the left side.

Enfield being Enfield they don't have the habit of doing things right the first time. I wonder if they retained the sprocket drum brake as a last ditch effort to retain as much Bullet charm as possible.. LOL
Completely agree; Its high time that the Enfield starts giving a totally new set of braking system. They should seriously start the rear discs which will improve braking performance tremendously and improve stability during braking. The current trend of front discs is some what dangerous. Its only after some time that you realise that you are using the front discs more harder than the rear drum, this happens when the rear drums grow older than 3 months. Hopefully, this realisation should be before you take a muddy skid on the front side.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:30   #92
Senior - BHPian

RE Coimbatore dealer accepts booking from next week (they are doing already - but not officially).

I really look forward to read some ownership reviews from Guys who already own it from CHennai, Bangalore, Mumbai etc. where it was launched 2 months ago.

Thank you.

Last edited by agbenny : 4th August 2008 at 18:30. Reason: Typo error.
Old 9th August 2008, 09:13   #93
BHPian

been watching this tbts closely for a while. a couple of days back saw one with the short silencer and i must say that the bike sounded great!! i hope to get to ride one with a short silencer soon. but as far the beat goes, i would strongly suggest this mod to regain its classic "beat".
Old 9th August 2008, 22:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi.k View Post
The current trend of front discs is some what dangerous. Its only after some time that you realise that you are using the front discs more harder than the rear drum, this happens when the rear drums grow older than 3 months. Hopefully, this realisation should be before you take a muddy skid on the front side.
Time you realise that braking force on a motorcycle comes mostly from the front brakes, not rear. If you had only one wheel to fit a disk brake on, one would fit it at the front, not the rear. This fact is true, world over.

Learn to use the front brakes. That said, both brakes should be used in conunction with each other and care should be taken not to lock the front, especially on gravel/mud.
Old 10th August 2008, 21:57   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
been watching this tbts closely for a while. a couple of days back saw one with the short silencer and i must say that the bike sounded great!! i hope to get to ride one with a short silencer soon. but as far the beat goes, i would strongly suggest this mod to regain its classic "beat".
Will there be milage drop due to short silencer?
Old 11th August 2008, 15:33   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Well any bike would struggle at that altitude, and the TBTS was no different.But compared to the old Tb there was so much more power in reserve.I literally had to ride someones old TB to feel the difference.The classic bullets,electras were not even in contention with huge power drops..
Was just wondering how did it compare with the LB 500 at high altitude and plains??
Old 11th August 2008, 17:45   #97
BHPian

Been to Dhone auto this Saturday, and test rode the TBTS. to cut it short I didn’t like it....reasons could many...I owned Electra for about 5 odd years, rode 1 lac kilometers...so not able to give up my fascination about Bullets, TB looks different....I essentially sold my Electra few weeks ago to buy a new LB 500, so that was on mind, at the same time I compared the LB 500 and TBTS....obvious result is LB 500 is the winner in my list...so booked the LB 500 should get the delivery by 10th Sept....

This result is based on views of members from Bullet community....specially nothing like LB 500 in Ladhak
Old 13th August 2008, 22:33   #98
Senior - BHPian

I booked one yesterday. The Bike was amazing. I do not think I can find a better looks and ride in any other bike in India. It was Jerk free, and the new TBTS is expected to be trouble free.
I was promised to get my bike delivered in 20th, But I suspect if I will get it on the same day. There are 18 Bookings in Coimbatore, and 120 bookings in Tamilnadu (excluding Chennai). I heard RE has 80+ bookings from Bangalore. Looks like the prodution is slow, may be due to the new engine production, which might not be in stock.
I also heard that RE if getting customer feedback to fix few after delivery issues from those who already owned its launch. It is it true, this is a nice move.
RE customers who are riding their machines for years may not like it. But I beleive RE should get rid of that bad reputation and target the mass who wants a good bike but settle with other 150, 180 220s. Its for those who always likes to ride a Bullet, but afraid to manage it.

I will post my pics when I get mine.
Old 14th August 2008, 09:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Guys..U all motivate me to get an TBTS...im just waiting till Diwali !!!
Old 28th August 2008, 12:48   #100
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twin-spark:Help Needed

Hello guys a very good friend of mine is on verge of owing the new Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twin-spark,he needs some serious information on buying the bike.If anyone of you know technical know-how,maintainence & service and owned the twin-spark your knowledge and experience will help him in getting his dream come true This is the first time he will be buying a Enfield Product.

Ramie

(Image Source Google)
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Thunderbird with Twin Spark-p22b.jpg  

Royal Enfield Thunderbird with Twin Spark-royaenfiledtwinsparkright.jpg  

Royal Enfield Thunderbird with Twin Spark-thunderbird.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 28th August 2008 at 20:02. Reason: Thread merged with existing.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:57   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ramie, Isn't the Twin Spark Technology new for Royal enfield? I am not too sure how many would be able to repair it outside the auth. service station. However, knowing that Sankar and Lohit(?) own RE's, they can certainly throw some light.
Old 28th August 2008, 17:01   #102
BHPian

Hi all,
Even i too fall in the same category,i am planning to buy TBTS just working out my financials.I have heard that enfield products consume alot of engine oil and need regular maintainence/servicing.Plz specify on the mileage.plz shed some light on the above
Old 28th August 2008, 17:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi Ramie, Isn't the Twin Spark Technology new for Royal enfield? I am not too sure how many would be able to repair it outside the auth. service station. However, knowing that Sankar and Lohit(?) own RE's, they can certainly throw some light.
Hey amtak,yess this twin spark technology is new,i also came to know just yesterday,when my friend told me he was interested in getting one,i think this bike has the gears on the left and brake paddle on the right side.
Old 29th August 2008, 13:17   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Hi all,
Even i too fall in the same category,i am planning to buy TBTS just working out my financials.I have heard that enfield products consume alot of engine oil and need regular maintainence/servicing.Plz specify on the mileage.plz shed some light on the above
CI Enfields consume some amount of engine oils but not too much and they need propper attention not servicing.Regularity is common in all bikes,you have to service all bikes.
TBTS is different from Bullets i dont know about them.
Old 30th August 2008, 04:02   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Time you realise that braking force on a motorcycle comes mostly from the front brakes, not rear. If you had only one wheel to fit a disk brake on, one would fit it at the front, not the rear. This fact is true, world over.

Learn to use the front brakes. That said, both brakes should be used in conunction with each other and care should be taken not to lock the front, especially on gravel/mud.
Please go through carefully, think you did not get what i was trying to say
Let me try to explain, was not talking about only using front brakes or one wheel to fit the disc brakes on
Am talking about the quality of braking with discs in the front and drum at the back. The braking quality goes down once the drums at the back grow older.

If Valentino Rossi learns to use his front brakes, I dont think he would be able to stop with discs in the front and drums at the back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks