Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 02:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMatix View Post
hello shaken soul.
Want to really spruce up my RX-100 ,1987 model .Can u tell me the shops where I can find all the original spares for RX-100 in Delhi.Thanks in advence.
You can go ahead and check with JAYANA motors in KB phone number is 09810252167
Old 30th December 2008, 15:23   #107
BHPian

@auto i have couple of parts with me for RX100 like original carbs(japan) for RX100, original magnet and stator coil plate.
Also i have 90/100 kit which i have used for around 2 weeks and then opted out of it as i moved again putting up a headlight on my bike.

If you have any such requirements then kindly contact me.

Cheers
Old 16th January 2009, 18:20   #108
BHPian

I have got a sealed & unopened Motul 800 Factory Line fully synthetic 2T oil (1 litre) for sale, anyone interested can PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle mechanic in Delhi?-motul8002t.jpg  

Old 25th February 2009, 14:15   #109
BHPian

I'm back

Though my RX is running well without any problems, I feel its just running, you don't get the Yamaha feel anymore. The engine lacks compression, pickup is less and max speed is about 65-70kmph and after that you feel as if the bike will come apart.

1st gear = max 20-25kmph
2nd gear = max 30-35kmph
3rd gear = max 40-50kmph
4th gear = max 60-65kmph

I wanted to redo the engine again, not any performance mods, but just to get the Yamaha 2S spirit back again. I am not too familiar with the modification terminology, so I would appreciate if someone can explain in layman terms, what all I need to get done on the engine front. Also very important is where to get it done in Delhi.

Thanks.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:25   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post

1st gear = max 20-25kmph
2nd gear = max 30-35kmph
3rd gear = max 40-50kmph
4th gear = max 60-65kmph
This is really bad, regarding the place i will let you know will speak to you in offline about that.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:57   #111
BHPian

Forgot to ask how is your crank doing ( i mean your bike's ) to me it feels
the figures you have posted are the signs of a weak crank. see if your crank has play.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:21   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
This is really bad, regarding the place i will let you know will speak to you in offline about that.
Thanks man, you're my lifesaver again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Forgot to ask how is your crank doing ( i mean your bike's ) to me it feels
the figures you have posted are the signs of a weak crank. see if your crank has play.
Now you're speaking greek to me
Old 26th February 2009, 21:44   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Thanks man, you're my lifesaver again.

Now you're speaking greek to me
Let me talk in english now

The above pic is of the crank for this you have to remove the head and bore (barell) and check the play side wards as shown in the pic it should be tight and stiff, if its little shaky say by 1mm or more you have replace the crank there's other way you can reset it by giving it to any lathe shop but i would never advice against it rather get a new one. don't buy the crank from karolbagh get it from any yamaha dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle mechanic in Delhi?-image_244.jpg  

Old 24th June 2009, 03:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hey mr Shaken soul how is your Yamaha doing?
Old 24th June 2009, 22:32   #115
BHPian

Thanks for asking, she is doing fine.
Even though she is running flawlessly and there are no complaints, however I feel there is lack of pickup and power, the raw feel of a 2 stroke is missing, which I think is due to mix and match of parts in the engine. I am a complete noob in terms of engine terminology.

I have been waiting to ask you if you know someone professional in delhi who can do a good job at the engine, I guess it needs a reboring maybe. Even though my mechanic is good, I doubt he has the right tools and in-depth intricate knowledge of the engine. I plan to go for a complete engine overhaul soon when I get some moolah and time
Old 17th December 2009, 19:03   #116
Senior - BHPian

can anyone tell me about a good Yamaha mechanic in Nashik.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:01   #117
BHPian

Yamaha RXG - Need Suggestions

Hi,

Don't know how but I couldn't notice that threre is such a Yamaha (RX100 / RXG) treasure here on Team bhp. Now I have been going through so many Yamaha RX100 / RXG threads for last 3-4 days.

I have a Yamaha RXG, Sep 1996 model and now the odo reads 40K. It's been rarely used for last so many years. I was using only on weekends and that too to visit places in a radius of just 1 - 2 kms. I neither wanted it to sell nor wanted to give it to anybody else. One of my cosuin was after my bike but I politely refused because I am sure he would have not taken care of my bike well.

Everything on my bike is stock. Just a couple of months back I have got the following things changed:
  • both the tyres
  • Leg Guard
  • Saree Guard
  • Battery
Now I am feeling bad because I did not go through the Yamaha threads here before getting the above things changed.

Now after going through so many threads on Yamaha, I also want to do something for my bike. I would like to go for changing the shock absorbers. I read on one of the thread that shocks with gas are more comfortable. Please see the bike on one of the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post1695437
Please advise if these type of shock absorbers are better (read BEST) than the double coil ones? - Read on one of the thread that we can go for Pulsar ones shocks.

Need to do some overhauling of the bike.

The battery is dead again (got new just a couple of months back). Will try to get it rectified as advised on the following thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...battery-2.html

Will start working on the bike from next week onwards. Till then please advise me about the rear shockers. Can we do something with the front shockers to make the ride more comfortable? Please show the pictures of your mods as well.

Shall I contact Perfect Motors, Karol Bagh?

Thanks,
Irish
Old 17th April 2010, 09:26   #118

Perfect Motors is a Perfect place. But being quite conservative, they would advice stock replacement. If agreed then they do a Perfect job at Perfectly cheap labour.
Simraj
Old 16th September 2010, 14:28   #119
BHPian

Thanks Shakensoul for this thread.

At last I am sitting at Perfect Motors and getting my Yamaha bike serviced and some other replacements like shockers etc.

There is a change in the contact number of the mechanic (Rajesh), his mobile number is 9891769986. He is a genuine and expert person in Hero Honda bikes also.
Old 9th February 2011, 18:52   #120
BHPian

re: Motorcycle mechanic in Delhi?

He (Rajesh) has changed his profession, so please call him before you visit for your bike repairs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks