Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 11:10   #136
BHPian

@Racoon
Thanks for replying,
When I bought the Rx the mech said that the Piston was spent so I got it changed (Piston was indeed in bad shape)
After a few thousand kms I started gunning her but she wont take off like a rx should. When I gave her for Painting I was driving my friends stock Rx and she was really quick thats when I realised the difference.
The reason I want to change the whole set is because I dont want to spend only on one thing and then if it doesnt work i have to spend again.

I have spent on Wheels, Tyres, Rotor Magnet, Battery, Piston, Clutch, and a lot of small things. Technically whole bike is brand new.
If it helps to diagnos the spark plug tip is always black.
The mileage is also low.

What is a compression test? Where can I get it done?
Old 29th July 2009, 11:18   #137
Senior - BHPian

Check the gearing (sprocket sizes) and then try playing around with the main jet.
Old 29th July 2009, 11:44   #138
BHPian

@straight6
The sprockets and chain are new, sprockets are from Rx135, The jet is old, I'll check the jet. I am going to a new mech on saturday for a checkup on this saturday.
Old 29th July 2009, 16:22   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
@Racoon
Thanks for replying,
When I bought the Rx the mech said that the Piston was spent so I got it changed (Piston was indeed in bad shape)
After a few thousand kms I started gunning her but she wont take off like a rx should. When I gave her for Painting I was driving my friends stock Rx and she was really quick thats when I realised the difference.
The reason I want to change the whole set is because I dont want to spend only on one thing and then if it doesnt work i have to spend again.

I have spent on Wheels, Tyres, Rotor Magnet, Battery, Piston, Clutch, and a lot of small things. Technically whole bike is brand new.
If it helps to diagnos the spark plug tip is always black.
The mileage is also low.

What is a compression test? Where can I get it done?
You can get the test done at any garage where they have the gauge. There many be a problem getting the adaptor though... as the sizes for the old 2 strokers is different. At any rate the authorised Yam service stations should have it.

Seems your engine job hasn't been done right. Have you used genuine parts at least? And genuine oils from sealed bottles?

Which spark plug are you using? And which one is recommended in the manual? Either you are running a colder plug than required or you are running rich. Are you sure your carb is tuned well?
Old 29th July 2009, 16:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
@straight6
The sprockets and chain are new, sprockets are from Rx135, The jet is old, I'll check the jet. I am going to a new mech on saturday for a checkup on this saturday.
Have you confirmed the sizes? The front should be 16 and rear should be 34.
Old 30th July 2009, 10:24   #141
BHPian

@Raccoon

I'll show the bike to a Yamaha service station, I dont know the plug type as I am not aware.
I have been using Shell 2t Oil, The Piston was from a manufacturer which is rated as better one, I'll write the name in some time,
The quality of parts my mech uses is very good as he asks me and my frined to get the parts so thers no doubt.
@Straight6
I'll confirm the Sizes today itself.

Also just a doubt how much would a slightly cut muffler impact a new piston because I realised much much later that the bike had a cut muffler for louder noise.
Thank You.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:21   #142
BHPian

Spark Plug is Mico
Piston is goetze
Sproket I am not sure but its the one used for Rx135
Old 30th July 2009, 17:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Dude, MICO does not make only one kinda sparky by any chance? You gotta know exactly which one!!
Old 30th July 2009, 19:18   #144
Senior - BHPian

You need the W5BC from Mico.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:20   #145
BHPian

I just asked for a Mico Spark plug for Rx100.
I'll get the W5BC tomorrow. Is there any other Spark plug that might be better and is Shell 2t the right oil.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:19   #146
Senior - BHPian

Please check which spark plug is recommended in the manual. Most likely it will be W5BC and its fine. You can try NGK also, but first check if you can use R type plug... because NGK no longer sells non R type plugs in India. Don't listen to NGK's recommendation... just check in the manual.

About the oil, suggest you search for the dedicated thread for 2t oils. Almost all available oils are discussed there. As for Shell, are you using VSX2 or the ordinary one?
Old 31st July 2009, 23:21   #147
BHPian

My Ignition system is old Rotor Magnet type, I think I'll go for W5BC, The thread for spark plugs for Shoguns was very Informative also after reading the 2t Oil thread I've decided to check out Jettx.
Thanks a lot, I am going to a yamaha service center tomorrow will let you know about the happenings.

Thanks both of you Straight and racoon.
Old 1st August 2009, 00:12   #148
Senior - BHPian

Whats special about Jet X? You are in Bombay... you should be able to get something better and more sanely priced like Petronas! Straight would be able to help you with that...
Old 1st August 2009, 00:44   #149
Senior - BHPian

Jettx is very difficult to find here. Ya, I can get Petronas easily.

Which Yamaha service center are you going to?
Old 1st August 2009, 00:52   #150
Senior - BHPian

Straight, whats the year of manufacturing on your Petronas bottles? Hope its not as ancient as 2005... which is what they tried to sell me here. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks