Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 20:33   #286
BHPian

My 2003 Rx135 after a neat little re-build. I myself am a noob with regards to 2 strokes but have owned this pocket rocket since forever.

Was in the basement for over a year due to neglect and my inability to take it out during weekdays, thanks to a 9 to 5 job which always extended till 9 at night.

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc03509.jpg
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc03511.jpg

And finally an idea from my cousin who himself owns a beautifully modded RD350
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc03515.jpg

The bike runs well. But still has some "Clearance Issues" which my mechanic conveniently overlooked.

How are clearance issues solved in Rx135s?
Old 4th May 2010, 20:37   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Water in carbs or tank or exhaust assy?
If you're able to move the motorcycle after engaging gears & then, if the engine dies when the motorcycle moves, then it could be due to air block entering into the fuel tank.
Hi Aargee,

Don't think it is the exhaust, although i seriously doubt if it is the carb, do you think air block entering the fuel tank could be the problem?

This is what happens, i kick start my bike, it idles properly after few revvs, i engage gear and release clutch for movement and it dies off, otherwise i don't see anything abnormal here. What are your thoughts?

Spike
Old 4th May 2010, 21:01   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Oh!!! When did you do this? The price is 1.3K from Bajaj A.S.S
I did sometime mid-April.

The shox was bought from Valasarawalkam Bajaj A.S.S. (forgot it's name err!) priced around 1090. I went to this Bajaj and asked for this SS shox, however, that point of time they said currently don't have stock, might be lying in the godown. I could not go the next day so ask them to keep it ready for me. After few days my friend followed up and told it has arrived. Since my friend knew them for a long and he stays in that area, was able get for me. I did not bother to ask if this was something old stock or did he manage to get some discount. The shox were brand new (looked unused).

I'm might not be able to tell anything more about since I knew it was bought from Bajaj A.S.S, so I believe it is genuine.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:03   #289
Senior - BHPian

Are you starting with or without using choke? Have you tried switching ON choke the moment you feel the engine is going to stop? What happens then? Well, by now the water from carbs should've dried up; so I suspect it may not be the case now.

Air block happens like this - you start (1 or 2 kicks), then runs for sometime & the engine feels like there's no fuel from main, so you tend to turn reserve, even then the engine goes off. Note that this symptom does not have a regular pattern, it can happen in 5 minutes, 15 minutes or not at all.

Last edited by aargee : 4th May 2010 at 21:06.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:48   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
I'm might not be able to tell anything more about since I knew it was bought from Bajaj A.S.S, so I believe it is genuine.
Not sure, if this post will get deleted due to OT. Double check if yours is from Discover DTS-i or CT100 as both of them plonk the same type of rears. There is hardly any difference between the two, but some experienced guys could make out. I was initially handed over CT100's & they said its all the same. Fortunately while I was debating, a youngster appeared & said there was a difference & the part numbers are different & the springs are little harder on old Discover & he helped me to get one. It took about a month for me to get a pair. The CT100's rear suspensions are absolutely fine too, its just that I tried picking up little harder & in the long run, one can hardly find any differences between the two.

Last edited by aargee : 4th May 2010 at 21:50.
Old 5th May 2010, 08:06   #291
BHPian

Has anyone built a 2 cylinder RX? It would be like 200cc with amazing power. Anyone?
Old 5th May 2010, 08:20   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Has anyone built a 2 cylinder RX? It would be like 200cc with amazing power. Anyone?
Can be done, but how about registering it with RTO? What if they do not agree? The entire effort goes kaput.
Old 5th May 2010, 08:26   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you starting with or without using choke? Have you tried switching ON choke the moment you feel the engine is going to stop? What happens then? Well, by now the water from carbs should've dried up; so I suspect it may not be the case now.
In cold cranking, when i crank for the first time in the morning I have to use choke, otherwise it fires in 1-2 kicks. I tried using the choke when the engine is about to die, it doesn't die when i do this.

Spike
Old 5th May 2010, 09:08   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
In cold cranking, when i crank for the first time in the morning I have to use choke, otherwise it fires in 1-2 kicks. I tried using the choke when the engine is about to die, it doesn't die when i do this.
Then check the fuel cock & clean the carbs & additionally check the tank for any blocks; I'm sure you'll be good to go; looks like the fuel is not supplied in regular way as expected, but a short cut supply through choke works.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:18   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then check the fuel cock & clean the carbs & additionally check the tank for any blocks; I'm sure you'll be good to go; looks like the fuel is not supplied in regular way as expected, but a short cut supply through choke works.
Thanks, fuel cock seems to be clean. Carb cleaning had been in my to-do list for quite some time now, will get the fuel tank cleaned too!

Spike
Old 5th May 2010, 09:31   #296
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Good Luck & pls keep us posted when the issue is resolved. I hope you'll clean the air filter too, when you're cleaning the carbs & if you're using oil pump, I hope you'll check for the air bubbles in the tube & tank.

Last edited by aargee : 5th May 2010 at 09:47.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:40   #297
Senior - BHPian

yeah sure, will update as soon as things get sorted, thanks once again for the suggestions.

Spike
Old 5th May 2010, 10:36   #298
BHPian

can you move the bike with the rev.s kept little high, loading the clutch ? like you launch for a race ?

if you can then it can be a carb problem. it can be a sticking float, blocked main jet, needle adjusted too lean etc..

Last edited by georgev : 5th May 2010 at 10:45.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:44   #299
Senior - BHPian

no, i tried doing this too, but still the engine dies off, do you think something else may be the culprit?
Old 5th May 2010, 20:26   #300
BHPian

you mean the engines shuts off when you engage gear and try to launch the bike. that means you can rev it keeping it on the central stand ? keeping the bike on the central stand rev the bike and engage 2nd gear and then 3 rd gear.pull the clutch many times when you are doing this.it this is not working replace the gear oil. i think the clutch plates are stuck.

try this and let me know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks